Pooja Sharma is an Indian actress and model who primarily works in Hindi television. She made her acting debut in 2012 with an episodic role in Teri Meri Love Stories. Sharma is best known for her portrayal of Draupadi in Mahabharat and Mahakali/Parvati in Mahakali — Anth Hi Aarambh Hai.
Sharma worked as an anchor for a sports-based talk show on Doordarshan, and for Zoom TV during her college days. She made her acting debut in 2012 with Star Plus's Teri Meri Love Stories, where she played Siya Behl, an episodic role. In 2013, she portrayed the role of Draupadi on Star Plus's Mahabharat. The show was critically and commercially successful. The show ended in August 2014. In the end of 2014, she was seen as Lakshmi in comedy show, Ajab Gajab Ghar Jamai on Big Magic. In 2015, she was seen in a cameo appearance in Dosti... Yaariyan... Manmarziyan on Star Plus.
After a two and half year absence from television, in 2017, Sharma was seen portraying the role of Mahakali/Parvati on Colors TV's Mahakali — Anth Hi Aarambh Hai. In 2018 and 2019, she voiced over for a show and narrated three shows.
|2012||Teri Meri Love Stories||Siya Behl|
|2014||Ajab Gajab Ghar Jamai||Lakshmi||Cameo|
|2015||Dosti... Yaariyan... Manmarziyan||Pooja Sharma||Cameo|||
|2017–2018||Mahakali — Anth Hi Aarambh Hai||Mahakali/Parvati|
|2018||Karmaphal Daata Shani||Mahakali||Cameo|
|2019||TV Ka Dum - India TV's Mega Conclave||Panelist|||
As voice artist
|2019–2020||Ram Siya Ke Luv Kush||River Sarayu||Narrator|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Indian Telly Award||Fresh New Face (Female)||Mahabharat||Nominated|
|Best Actress in a Lead Role||Nominated|
|2017||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor (Female) Popular||Mahakali||Nominated|
- Sana Farzeen (23 July 2017). "Playing Mahakali is challenging but also a lifetime experience: Pooja Sharma". The Indian Express. Retrieved 29 July 2020.
- "From Beauty queens to Television actresses". The Times of India. 23 March 2017. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- "Neha Kapoor crowned Miss India". Hindustan Times. 19 March 2006. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- "I can't connect to daily soaps, but now I respect them: Pooja Sharma". The Times of India. 11 January 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2020.
- "Playing Draupadi made me strong: Pooja Sharma". The Times of India. 11 June 2020. Retrieved 29 July 2020.
- "Tuesday Trivia: 2013's Mahabharat was the first Indian TV show made on a budget of Rs 100 crore". India Today. 2 June 2020. Retrieved 1 August 2020.
- "Mahabharat's Draupadi returns to TV". The Times of India. 7 November 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
- "Pooja Sharma to do cameo in 'Manmarziyan'". The Indian Express. 6 March 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2020.
- "Meet The Times 20 Most Desirable Women on TV, 2017". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 May 2022.
- "Pooja Sharma to do cameo in 'Manmarziyan'". The Indian Express. 6 March 2015. Archived from the original on 6 March 2015.
- "TV Ka Dum: Siddharth Kumar Tewary, Mukesh Khanna, Debina Bonnerjee and others talk about impact of mythological shows". India TV news. 15 February 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2020.