Nanna, North 24 Parganas
Nanna is an outgrowth of Kanchrapara in Barrackpore I CD Block in Barrackpore subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the state of West Bengal, India. It is a part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration.
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Barrackpore|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Naihati|
At the 2011 Census of India, Nanna had a population of 3,464 (1,738 (50.2%) males and 1,726 (49.8%) females). The population below 6 years was 220. The number of literates in Nanna was 3,127 (96.39% of the population over 6 years).
Kolkata Urban AgglomerationEdit
The following municipalities, census towns and other locations in Barrackpore subdivision were part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in the 2011 census: Kanchrapara (M), Jetia (CT), Halisahar (M), Balibhara (CT), Naihati (M), Bhatpara (M), Kaugachhi (CT), Garshyamnagar (CT), Garulia (M), Ichhapur Defence Estate (CT), North Barrackpur (M), Barrackpur Cantonment (CB), Barrackpore (M), Jafarpur (CT), Ruiya (CT), Titagarh (M), Khardaha (M), Bandipur (CT), Panihati (M), Muragachha (CT) New Barrackpore (M), Chandpur (CT), Talbandha (CT), Patulia (CT), Kamarhati (M), Baranagar (M), South Dumdum (M), North Dumdum (M), Dum Dum (M), Noapara (CT), Babanpur (CT), Teghari (CT), Nanna (OG), Chakla (OG), Srotribati (OG) and Panpur (OG).
Nanna Rural Hospital, with 30 beds, is the main medical facility in Barrackpore I CD Block. Narayanpur primary health centre at Kankinara has 6 beds.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Barrackpore I CD Block on Page 365, Towns showing their outgrowth with population on Page 838. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Barrackpore I CD Block on Page 365. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook". North 24 Parganas 2013, Tables 2.1, 2.2, 2.4b. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Barrackpore Police Commissionerate". List of Police Stations with telephone numbers. West Bengal Police. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- Google maps
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 16 July 2018.