|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||1.08 km2 (0.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,000/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Barrackpore|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Noapara|
|Cities and towns in the northern portion of Barrackpore subdivision in North 24 Parganas district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town,
N: neighbourhood, OG: outgrowth
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
96% of the population of Barrackpore subdivision (partly presented in the map alongside; all places marked on the map are linked in the full-screen map) lives in urban areas. In 2011, it had a density of population of 10,967 per km2 The subdivision has 16 municipalities and 24 census towns.
For most of the cities/ towns information regarding density of population is available in the Infobox. Population data is not available for neighbourhoods. It is available for the entire municipal area and thereafter ward-wise.
As per 2011 Census of India Garshyamnagar had a total population of 7,611, of which 3,840 (50%) were males and 3,771 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 558. The total number of literates in Garshyamnagar was 6,417 (90.98 % of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Garshyamnagar had a population of 7,354. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Garshyamnagar has an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 75%. In Garshyamnagar, 8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kolkata Urban AgglomerationEdit
The following Municipalities, Census Towns and other locations in Barrackpore subdivision were part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in the 2011 census: Kanchrapara (M), Jetia (CT), Halisahar (M), Balibhara (CT), Naihati (M), Bhatpara (M), Kaugachhi (CT), Garshyamnagar (CT), Garulia (M), Ichhapur Defence Estate (CT), North Barrackpur (M), Barrackpur Cantonment (CB), Barrackpore (M), Jafarpur (CT), Ruiya (CT), Titagarh (M), Khardaha (M), Bandipur (CT), Panihati (M), Muragachha (CT) New Barrackpore (M), Chandpur (CT), Talbandha (CT), Patulia (CT), Kamarhati (M), Baranagar (M), South Dumdum (M), North Dumdum (M), Dum Dum (M), Noapara (CT), Babanpur (CT), Teghari (CT), Nanna (OG), Chakla (OG), Srotribati (OG) and Panpur (OG).
As per the District Census Handbook 2011, Garshyamnagar covered an area of 1.08 km2. Amongst the medical facilities it had there were 4 medicine shops. Amongst the educational facilities It had there were 3 primary schools, the nearest middle and secondary schools were available 2.5 km away at Gurdaha, and the nearest senior secondary school was available 12 km away at Naihati.
- District-wise list of statutory towns Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Barrackpore I CD Block on Page 365. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook". North 24 Parganas 2013, Tables 2.1, 2.2, 2.4b. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook". North 24 Parganas 2013, Tables 2.1, 2.2, 2.4b. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Barrackpore Police Commissionerate". List of Police Stations with telephone numbers. West Bengal Police. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Section II Town Directory, Pages 781-783 Statement I: Growth History, Pages 799-803; Statement II: Physical Aspects and Location of Towns, Pages 791-794; Statement III: Civic and other Amenities, Pages 795-796; Statement IV: Medical Facilities 2009, Pages 803-805 Section: Educational, Recreational and Cultural Facilities. Directorate of Census Operations V, West Bengal. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study)". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2007-08-24.