Mega Food Park is a scheme of the Ministry of Food Processing (part of the Government of India) with the aim of establishing a "direct linkage from farm to processing and then to consumer markets" through a network of collection centres and primary processing centres. Its purpose was to increase processing of perishables from 6% to 20% and to increase India's share in global food trade by at least 3% up to year 2015.
- Government provides grants up to Rs 50 crores for each food park to a consortium of companies.
- 30-35 food processing units are expected to be established.
- Collective investment of companies is expected to be at least 250 crores.
- A turnover of 400-500 crore and employment generation of at least 30000 from each mega food park is expected.
A total of 42 Mega Food Parks have been sanctioned so far by MoFPI in six phases. These MFPs are to ensure backward linkages to the farmers, SHGs, JLVs etc. & enhance farmer income. Each MFP is supposed to connect with 25000 farmers. Government has envisaged building quality labs at each of the food parks as well
A sanction of 42 food parks has been planned, out of which 25 in various states have already been sanctioned with 17 pending, expression of interest is available from companies with the government. According to the Government, as of October 2016, 8 mega food parks have become operational and all 42 would be operational in the next 2 years.
|Srini Mega Food Park||Chittoor||Andhra Pradesh||Operational|
|Godavari Mega Aqua Park||Bhimavaram||Andhra Pradesh||Operational|
|Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation Mega Food Park||Mallavalli||Andhra Pradesh||Under Implementation|
|Rongoge Mega Food Park||Naharlagun||Arunachal Pradesh||Under Implementation|
|North East Mega Food Park||Nalbari||Assam||Operational|
|Pristine Mega Food Park||Mansi||Bihar||Under Implementation|
|Indus Best Mega Food Park||Raipur||Chhattisgarh||Operational|
|Fanidhar Mega Food Park||Mehsana||Gujarat||Under Implementation|
|Gujarat Agro Mega Food Park||Surat||Gujarat||Operational|
|Hafed Mega Food Park||Rohtak||Haryana||Under Implementation|
|HSIIDC Mega Food Park||Sonipat||Haryana||Under Implementation|
|Cremica Mega Food Park||Una||Himachal Pradesh||Operational|
|RFK Greens Food Park||Pulwama||Jammu and Kashmir||Under Implementation|
|Integrated Mega Food Park||Tumkur||Karnataka||Operational|
|Favorich Infra Pvt Ltd Mega Food Park||Mandya||Karnataka||Under Implementation|
|KSIDC Mega Food Park||Alappuzha||Kerala||Under Implementation|
|KINFRA Mega Food Park||Palakkad||Kerala||Operational|
|Indus Mega Food Park||Khargone||Madhya Pradesh||Operational|
|Avantee Mega Food Park||Dewas||Madhya Pradesh||Operational|
|Paithan Mega Food Park||Aurangabad||Maharashtra||Operational|
|Satara Mega Food Park||Satara||Maharashtra||Operational|
|Wardha Mega Food Park||Wardha||Maharashtra||Under Implementation|
|Manipur Food Industries Corporation Limited Mega Food Park||Kakching||Manipur||Under Implementation|
|Zoram Mega Food Park||Khamrang||Mizoram||Under Implementation|
|Doys Agri Resources Private Limited' Mega Food Park||Dimapur||Nagaland||Under Implementation|
|MITS Mega Food Park||Khurda||Odisha||Under Implementation|
|Deras Seafood Park||Khurda||Odisha||Under Implimentation|
|International Mega Food Park||Fazilka||Punjab||Operational|
|MITS Mega Food Park||Rayagada||Odisha||Operational|
|Punjab Agro Industries Corporation Limited Mega Food Park||Ludhiana||Punjab||Under Implementation|
|Sukhjit Mega Food Park||Kapurthala||Punjab||Under Implementation|
|Greentech Mega Food Park||Ajmer||Rajasthan||Operational|
|Smart Agro Mega Food Park||Nizamabad||Telangana||Operational|
|TSFPS Mega Food Park||Khammam||Telangana||Operational|
|Tripura Mega Food Park||Uttar Champamura||Tripura||Operational|
|Patanjali Food and Herbal Park||Haridwar||Uttarakhand||Operational|
|Himalayan Mega Food Park||Udham Singh Nagar||Uttarakhand||Operational|
|Jangipur Bengal Mega Food Park||Murshidabad||West Bengal||Operational|
- "Mega Food Parks : what is it and how will it benefit Indian Economy". Elections.in. 26 September 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Potential location for setting up of food parks". Fnbnews.com. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "Scheme of Mega Food Park". Mofpi.nic.in. Archived from the original on 1 September 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "All 42 mega food parks to be operational in 2 years: Harsimrat Kaur Badal". The Economic Times. PTI. 27 October 2016. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- Mega Food Park
- Pioneer, The. "Rs 466 cr investment proposals for Deras Seafood Park". The Pioneer. Retrieved 9 September 2021.