List of goat breeds
This is a list of goat breeds. There are many recognized breeds of domestic goat (Capra aegagrus hircus). Goat breeds (especially dairy goats) are some of the oldest defined animal breeds for which breed standards and production records have been kept. Selective breeding of goats generally focuses on improving production of fiber, meat, dairy products or goatskin. Breeds are generally classified based on their primary use, though there are several breeds which are considered dual- or multi-purpose goats, so there is some crossover between lists.
- Porter, Valerie (2002). Mason's World Dictionary of Livestock Breeds, Types and Varieties.
- "Breeds of Goat". Assam Small Farmers' Agri-Business Consortium. Assam Small Farmers' Agri-Business Consortium. 2005. Retrieved October 10, 2015.
- http://vechur.org/attappady-black-goats/. Missing or empty
- "Auckland Island Goats: A Rare Breed of New Zealand Origin". New Zealand Rare Breeds. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- http://www.dairygoats.org.au/breeds/brown.html. Missing or empty
- http://erinrac.com/aha/. Missing or empty
- http://www.dairygoats.org.au/breeds/melaan.html. Missing or empty
- Miniature Goat Breeders Association
- Dr. Vijaya Salunke (2007). "Animal Resources". India: Human Environment. Geography Standard (Grade) IX. Pune: Secretary Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. p. 31.
- "Messinese" (in Italian). Associazione Nazionale della Pastorizia. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "American Nigora Goat Breeders Association". American Nigora Goat Breeders Association. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "Pridonskaya goats". GeoMedia.Top. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Rossa Mediterranea o Derivata di Siria" (in Spanish). Agraria.org. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- Breed data sheet: Xinjiang/China. Domestic Animal Diversity Information System of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Accessed June 2014.
- Porter, Valerie (ed.), Ian Lauder Mason (2002). Mason's world dictionary of livestock breeds, types, and varieties 5th edition. Wallingford: CABI ISBN 085199430X. p. 160.
- Breed data sheet: Ziwuling Black/China. Domestic Animal Diversity Information System of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Accessed June 2014.
- Ekarius, Carol (2008). Storey's Illustrated Breed Guide to Sheep, Goats, Cattle and Pigs. Storey Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60342-036-5.
- "Goat Breeds". Breeds of Livestock. Oklahoma State University Dept. of Animal Science.
- Introduction to Common Goat Breeds Mother Earth News
- Raising Goats for Dummies (Wiley, 2010)