Kelly Olivia Gale (born 14 May 1995) is a Swedish-Australian model of Indian and Australian heritage. Kelly is known globally for her work for Victoria's Secret, the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and Playboy, as well as being featured in the music video of Duele el Corazón by Enrique Iglesias.
Gale at the 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
Kelly Olivia Gale
14 May 1995
|Known for||Victoria's Secret Fashion Show|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
Gale was born and raised in Gothenburg, Sweden. She also lived in Ghana for four years, and Australia. Her mother, Gita (who is a dentist and former pilot), was born in Pune, India and was adopted by a Swedish family at age 5; her father, Jeff, is a photographer and former footballer from Tatura in Victoria, Australia. Gale has two younger brothers.
Gale has been involved in sports since an early age. She played soccer with Näsets SK in Gothenburg and tennis since she was seven years old. She attended Näsetskolan and Göteborgs Högre Samskola.
At age 13, she was discovered by a model agent outside a coffee shop in Gothenburg. Initially, Gale's parents were opposed to her working as a model but she eventually started modeling one year later. One of her first modelling jobs was for H&M.
In 2013, she was chosen to walk the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show for the first time, she has since walked the show in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Gale has been in adverts and catalogues of H&M and H-I-G-H. She has walked runways for Azzedine Alaia, Chanel, Monique Lhuillier, Tommy Hilfiger, Band of Outsiders, Narciso Rodriguez, Badgley Mischka, Vivienne Tam, Ralph Lauren, Christopher Kane, Reem Acra, Tom Ford, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano, Academy of Arts, Diane von Fürstenberg, Nanette Lepore, L'Wren Scott, Thomas Tait, Houghton, Rag & Bone and Victoria's Secret.
Gale leads a healthy lifestyle, paying particular attention to the type of food she eats. She trains for 2–3 hours each day and ramps up the tempo in the weeks prior to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Her fitness regime includes power walking, jogging, boxing, and yoga.
- "Kelly Gale - Model". Models.com. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Svenska Kelly med i årets Victoria's secret-show: 'Det var fantastiskt'". Elle. Sweden. 23 December 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Victoria's Secret Model Kelly Gale Reveals her Diet and Exercise Tips". Harper's Bazaar. Australia. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Kelly Gale". Ford Models. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "How Kelly Gale Went from Being Bullied to Modeling for Victoria's Secret". Vogue. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Is Kelly Gale the hottest body in the business?". Daily Telegraph.
- "Victoria's (half) Indian angel". GQ India. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Is Kelly Gale the hottest body in the business?". The Daily Telegraph. Sydney. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- Dengate, Cayla (1 December 2016). "Meet The Australian (And New Zealand) Victoria's Secret Angels". Huff Post. Australia. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- Sharp, Rachel. "Interview with four time Victoria's Secret model Kelly Gale". Grazia Australia.
- Taylor Harris (22 August 2012). "Model Call: Kelly Gale". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Julia Rubin (12 June 2013). "Model Kelly Gale on Her Bookworm Tendencies and Wearing Kenzo as a Kid". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Julia Frank (18 July 2014). "Model Kelly Gale on boxing with Adriana Lima and being cast by Karl Lagerfeld". Vogue Australia. Archived from the original on 22 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Kevin Carlsson (4 December 2014). "Kelly Gale – Victoria's Secrets svensk-doldis". Expressen (in Northern Sami). Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- Liana Satenstein (24 November 2014). "How Kelly Gale Went from Being Bullied to Modeling for Victoria's Secret". Vogue. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Miss September 2016 - Photos from Miss September 2016 Kelly Gale's Playboy Magazine Debut". Playboy. Playboy Enterprises. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Miss September 2016 Kelly Gale's Playmate Pictorial". Playmates. Playboy. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- Lupica, Lilith Hardie (7 November 2018). "Model Kelly Gale is working out 6 days a week and walking up to 30kms a day before the 2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". Vogue.com.au.
- Nidhi Sharma (25 March 2014). "My Beautiful Life: Kelly Gale". Vogue India. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "MEET THE 22-YEAR-OLD PART AUSSIE SETTING THE SWIMSUIT MODELLING WORLD ON FIRE".
- "Modellen pekas ut som Kinnamans nya kärlek".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kelly Gale.|