Vogue India is the Indian edition of the monthly fashion and lifestyle magazine called Vogue. It is the 17th international edition of Vogue and the first edition in South Asia. Vogue India is published by Condé Nast India Pvt. Ltd., a 100% owned subsidiary of Condé Nast International. Vogue India was the first magazine released in India that is 100% foreign owned. Condé Nast India is based in Mumbai and also has an office in New Delhi.
|First issue||October 2007|
|Company||Condé Nast India Pvt. Ltd.|
History and profileEdit
The magazine was founded in 2007. The first issue of Vogue India was the October 2007 issue, which was released on 20 September 2007. The cover featured Bipasha Basu, Gemma Ward and Priyanka Chopra on the regular cover, and Monikangana Dutta, Preity Zinta, and Lakshmi Menon on the gatefold cover. The cover was shot by photographer Patrick Demarchelier.
The following have served as Editor-in-Chief of Vogue India:
List of Vogue India cover modelsEdit
- "Best Womens Fashion Magazine; Latest Fashion News, Clothes, Accessories, Trends, Beauty Tips for Women". Vogue.in. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "Vogue India Launches". Forbes.com. 2007-09-18. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "Vogue Hits Indian Newsstands". Businessweek. 2007-09-18. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Condé Nast International: Country - India". Conde nast international. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- Amrita Madhukalya (19 July 2015). "Of recipes and G-spots: On India's 'magazine era'". dna. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- Stephen Brook (2007-09-20). "Vogue thinks big for Indian launch". Guardian. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- Hawke, Jack (26 October 2007). "Gemma Ward cover stirs up readers of Vogue India". ninemsn. Archived from the original on 5 October 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- Dhingra, Divrina (10 February 2011). "Vogue at your finger tips". Vogue.in. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- Thacker, Shruti (23 June 2011). "Get it now: Vogue Stylist app on Blackberry Playbook". Vogue.in. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "BlackBerry World - VOGUE Stylist". Appworld.blackberry.com. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Vogue to be launched in India". Business Standard. 2006-12-04. Retrieved 2013-03-17.