Kephalonia International Airport
Kefalonia Airport "Anna Pollatou"
Αερολιμένας Κεφαλονιάς "Άννα Πολλάτου"
|Operator||Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture|
|Elevation AMSL||59 ft / 18 m|
The airport opened in 1971 to serve the former municipality Leivathos with improved transportation links; Kefalonia is now a single municipality. A new runway and the current terminal building were constructed in the 1980s.
In December 2015 the privatisation of Kefalonia Airport and 13 other regional airports of Greece was finalised with the signing of the agreement between the Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture and the state privatisation fund. "We signed the deal today," the head of Greece's privatisation agency HRADF, Stergios Pitsiorlas, told Reuters. According to the agreement, the joint venture will operate the 14 airports (including Kefallinia International Airport) for 40 years as of 11th of April 2016.
The new operator handed in a part of the new terminal on Wednesday 20/02, but the whole New Terminal will be dellivered on September 2019. The total work that made for the new terminal 's facilities has the follow results :
- New HBS inline screening
- New fire station
- New waste water treatment plant
- Reorganization of apron
- Refurbishment of airside pavement
- Total area of the New terminal 11.074 sqm.
- New RFF building 1.030 sqm
- Concession Area Retail and F&B areas 340 sqm.
- Duty Free 330 sqm.
- Twelve check-in locations (from seven before),
- Large and distinct screens at the front of the entrance,
- a baby care area
- disabled people's toilets.  
In addition, Fraport has already revealed the future expansion for the airport which be finished at 2026. The future terminal will have a total area of 611.250 s.m., Security lanes 4, Gates 6 and AC stands 2D + 1C 1E + 3C. 
|3||Aegean - Olympic||11.6%|
|4||Thomas Cook - Condor||11.3%|
|9||Small Planet Airlines||3.1%|
|10||Travel Service - Smartwings||3.1%|
- By Public Bus: Transit bus service is provided between the Airport and the city of Argostoli (only during summer season). There is a public bus stop in front of the terminal building. Tickets can be purchased by the bus driver. For more information please visit the official web site of the Kefalonia bus service http://www.ktelkefalonias.gr/en
- By Taxi: 24/7 metered taxi service is available outside the Kefalonia Airport Terminal building. The journey from the Airport to Argostoli is about 15 minutes and the fare is normally 15-20€. You may be charged extra, if you carry many pieces of luggage.
- By Car: Kefalonia Airport is located 9 km from Argostoli and is easily accessible from the provincial road Argostoliou-Lakithras. The journey to and from the city centre takes about 15 minutes.
- GPS Location information : Airport Latitude and Longitude 38° 7'10.83"N20°30'20.13"E or 38.119675, 20.505592 Airport physical address Kefalonia Airport, Kefalonia 281 00
- "KEFALLINIA AIRPORT". Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- Airport information for LGKF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for EFL at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Tornos News | Greece signs privatization of 14 regional airports with Germany's Fraport". Tornosnews.gr. 2015-12-14. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- Reuters Editorial (2015-12-14). "REFILE-UPDATE 1-Greece signs major privatisation deal with Germany's Fraport | Reuters". Uk.reuters.com. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Νέο αεροδρόμιο Κεφαλονιάς: Σύγχρονο, εντυπωσιακό και καινοτόμο (εικόνες)". 2019-02-23. Retrieved 2019-03-25.
- "To & From the Airport How to get to the airport!". Retrieved 2019-03-25. line feed character in
|title=at position 22 (help)
- "Destinations Here you can find all the destinations!". Retrieved 2019-03-26. line feed character in
|title=at position 13 (help)
- "To & From the Airport". Retrieved 2019-03-25.
- "Ktel Kefalonias". www.ktelkefalonias.gr. 2017-08-14. Retrieved 2017-10-17.