HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has 98,061 permanent employees as of 31 March 2019. HDFC Bank is India’s largest private sector lender by assets. It is the largest bank in India by market capitalization as of February 2016. It was ranked 60th in 2019 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands.
We understand your world
|Traded as||BSE: 500180|
BSE SENSEX Constituent
CNX Nifty Constituent
|Industry||Banking, financial services|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Products||Credit cards, consumer banking, banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, private equity, wealth management|
|Revenue||₹95,461 crore (US$14 billion) (2018)|
|₹25,732 crore (US$3.7 billion) (2018)|
|₹17,486 crore (US$2.5 billion) (2018)|
|Total assets||₹1,018,170 crore (US$150 billion) (2018)|
Number of employees
|98,061 (March 31, 2019)|
In 1994 HDFC Bank was incorporated, with its registered office in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Its first corporate office and a full service branch at Sandoz House, Worli were inaugurated by the then Union Finance Minister, Manmohan Singh.
As of March 31, 2019, the Bank's distribution network was at 5,103 branches across 2,748 cities. The bank also installed 4.30 Lacs POS terminals and issued 235.7 Lacs debit cards and 85.4 Lacs credit cards in FY 2017.
Products and servicesEdit
HDFC Bank provides a number of products and services including wholesale banking, retail banking, treasury, auto loans, two wheeler loans, personal loans, loans against property, consumer durable loan, lifestyle loan and credit cards. Along with this various digital products are Payzapp and SmartBUY.
HDFC Bank merged with Times Bank in February 2000. This was the first merger of two private banks in the New Generation private sector banks category. In 2008, Centurion Bank was acquired by HDFC Bank. HDFC Bank Board approved the acquisition of CBoP for 95.1 billion INR in one of the largest mergers in the financial sector in India.
The equity shares of HDFC Bank are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. Its American Depository Shares are listed on NYSE and the global depository receipt are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange where two GDRs represent one equity share of HDFC Bank.
|Shareholders (as of 31 December 2015)||Shareholding|
|Promoter group (HDFC)||21.57%|
|Foreign institutional investors (FII)||32.4%|
Awards and recognitionEdit
- Best Bank in India 2019, by Global magazine FinanceAsia.
- Ranked 60th in 2019 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands HDFC Bank was featured BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands 2019 for the 5th consecutive year. The Bank's brand value has gone up from $20.87 billion in 2018 to $22.70 billion in 2019.
- Best Large Bank & Fastest Growing Large Bank in 2019, by Business World Magna Awards
- Best Banking Performer, India in 2016 by Global Brands Magazine Award.
|Best Performing Branch in Microfinance among private sector banks by NABARD, 2016||Award for Best Performance in Microfinance|
|KPMG study of India's Best Banks||Bank of the year & best digital banking initiative award 2016|
|AIMA Managing India Awards 2015||Business leader of the year- Aditya Puri|
|BrandZ Rankings||Most Valued brand in India for third successive year|
|FinanceAsia poll on Asia's Best Companies 2015||Best managed public company - India|
|Barron's||World's 30 Best CEOs - Aditya Puri|
|J. P. Morgan Quality Recognition Award||Best in class straight through processing rates|
- "board of directors".
- "HDFC Bank Senior Management". HDFC Bank Limited. 8 November 2016. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "RBI extended Mr.Puri's term". livemint. 30 October 2018. Retrieved 25 December 2018.
- "Balance Sheet of HDFC Bank". moneycontrol.
- "HDFC Bank 2017". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "HDFC Bank 2017" (PDF). Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "FINANCIAL RESULTS (INDIAN GAAP) FOR THE QUARTER AND YEAR ENDED MARCH 31, 2019" (PDF). HDFC Bank Ltd.
- "HDFC Bank". HDFC Bank. HDFC Bank.
- "HDFC Bank most valuable brand in India: WPP study". Livemint. Livemint. 10 September 2015.
- "Largest bank by Market capitalization". MoneyControl. MoneyControl.
- "Millward Brown - Top Global Brands 2019". hdfcbank.com.
- "HDFC Bank – About Banking Services, Loans Scheme, Award, Contact Address, and more". business.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "HDFC Bank: Reports, Company History, Directors Report, Chairman's Speech, Auditors Report of HDFC Bank - NDTVProfit.com". profit.ndtv.com. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "HDFC Bank to acquire Centurion Bank of Punjab". Banknet India.
- "HDFC Bank bags the 'Best Bank in India' title by FinanceAsia magazine - expect this big measures in 2019 from the lender". Zee Business. 28 June 2019. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- "Business world Magna Awards" (PDF).
- Global Brands Magazine Award 2016 winners
- "HDFC Bank wins microfinance award from NABARD in Goa". Times of India. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Bank of the Year/ Digital Bank: HDFC BANK". Business Today. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "AIMA Managing India Awards 2015 – 6th Edition". Affairs Cloud. 18 April 2015.
- "livemint". HDFC Bank is still India’s most valuable brand: Brandz ranking. 22 September 2016.
- "Asia's best managed companies, part 3". FinanceAsia. 20 March 2015.
- "HDFC Bank MD Aditya Puri in Barron's list of 30 best CEOs". Times of India. 22 March 2015.
- "Top 10 Banks in India 2015". MBA Skool.