List of banks in India
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article possibly contains original research. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following is a list of banks in India:
|Bank Name||Established||Headquarter||Branches||Revenues||Total Assets||Ref/Notes|
|Allahabad Bank||1865||Kolkata, West Bengal||3,503||₹188.85 billion (US$2.6 billion)||₹2,364.60 billion (US$33 billion)|
|Andhra Bank||1923||Hyderabad, Telangana||2,803||₹180.27 billion (US$2.5 billion)||₹2,221.26 billion (US$31 billion)|
|Bank of Baroda||1908||Vadodara, Gujarat||5,481||₹422 billion (US$5.9 billion)||₹6,949 billion (US$97 billion)|
|Bank of India||1906||Mumbai, Maharashtra||5,100||₹418 billion (US$5.8 billion)||₹6,100 billion (US$85 billion)|
|Bank of Maharashtra||1935||Pune, Maharashtra||1,897||₹130.53 billion (US$1.8 billion)||₹1,610 billion (US$22 billion)|
|Canara Bank||1906||Bengaluru, Karnataka||6,639||₹489.4 billion (US$6.8 billion)||₹5,530 billion (US$77 billion)|
|Central Bank of India||1911||Mumbai, Maharashtra||4,666||₹259 billion (US$3.6 billion)||₹3,055 billion (US$43 billion)|
|Corporation Bank||1906||Mangalore, Karnataka||2,501||₹194.12 billion (US$2.7 billion)||₹2,349 billion (US$33 billion)|
|Dena Bank||1938||Mumbai, Maharashtra||1,874||₹106.45 billion (US$1.5 billion)||₹1,335 billion (US$19 billion)||Will be merged into Bank Of Baroda|
|IDBI Bank||1964||Mumbai, Maharashtra||2,896||₹216.9 billion (US$3.0 billion)||₹3,648 billion (US$51 billion)||Although Acquired by LIC , it still remains a PSB.|
|Indian Bank||1907||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||2851||₹216.89 billion (US$3.0 billion)||₹3,650 billion (US$51 billion)|||
|Indian Overseas Bank||1937||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||3,400||₹235.2 billion (US$3.3 billion)||₹2,745 billion (US$38 billion)|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||1943||Gurgaon, Haryana||2355+||₹200.6 billion (US$2.8 billion)||₹2,375.4 billion (US$33 billion)|
|Punjab and Sind Bank||1908||New Delhi||1,554||₹87.44 billion (US$1.2 billion)||₹1,025.8 billion (US$14 billion)|
|Punjab National Bank||1894||New Delhi||7000||₹474.25 billion (US$6.6 billion)||₹6,674 billion (US$93 billion)|
|State Bank of India||1955||Mumbai, Maharashtra||17,170||₹2,110 billion (US$29 billion)||₹34,450 billion (US$480 billion)|||
|Syndicate Bank||1925||Manipal, Karnataka||3500||₹69.13 billion (US$960 million)||₹2,990 billion (US$42 billion)|
|UCO Bank||1943||Kolkata, West Bengal||4000||₹185.61 billion (US$2.6 billion)||₹2,448.9 billion (US$34 billion)|
|Union Bank of India||1919||Mumbai, Maharashtra||4,214||₹322 billion (US$4.5 billion)||₹4,047 billion (US$56 billion)|
|United Bank of India||1950||Kolkata, West Bengal||2,054||₹99.37 billion (US$1.4 billion)||₹1,230 billion (US$17 billion)|
|Vijaya Bank||1931||Bengaluru, Karnataka||2,031||₹123.8 billion (US$1.7 billion)||₹1,549 billion (US$22 billion)||Will be merged into Bank Of Baroda|
|Bank Name||Established||Headquarter||Branches||Revenues||Total Assets||Ref|
|Axis Bank||1993||Mumbai, Maharashtra||3,703||₹414.093 billion (US$5.8 billion)||₹6.914 trillion (US$96 billion)|
|Bandhan Bank||2015||Kolkata, West Bengal||840||₹4,320.12 crore (US$600 million)||₹302.36 billion (US$4.2 billion)|
|Catholic Syrian Bank||1920||Thrissur, Kerala||426||₹1,617.49 crore (US$230 million)||₹162.2324 billion (US$2.3 billion)|
|City Union Bank||1904||Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu||600||₹29.4421 billion (US$410 million)||₹352.71 billion (US$4.9 billion)|
|DCB Bank||1930||Mumbai, Maharashtra||323||₹20.76 billion (US$290 million)||₹240.46 billion (US$3.3 billion)|
|Dhanlaxmi Bank||1927||Thrissur, Kerala||269||₹11.16 billion (US$160 million)||₹122.86 billion (US$1.7 billion)|
|Federal Bank||1931-1949||Aluva, Kerala||1,252||₹97.5920 billion (US$1.4 billion)||₹1.1498 trillion (US$16 billion)|
|HDFC Bank||1994||Mumbai, Maharashtra||4,825||₹816.02 billion (US$11 billion)||₹8.638 trillion (US$120 billion)|
|ICICI Bank||1994||Mumbai, Maharashtra||4,867||₹736.60 billion (US$10 billion)||₹11.242 trillion (US$160 billion)|||
|IDFC First Bank||2015||Mumbai, Maharashtra||100||₹85.327 billion (US$1.2 billion)||₹1.1216 trillion (US$16 billion)|
|IndusInd Bank||1994||Mumbai, Maharashtra||1,004||₹185.77 billion (US$2.6 billion)||₹1.786 trillion (US$25 billion)|
|Jammu & Kashmir Bank||1938||Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir||958||₹71.66 billion (US$1.0 billion)||₹820.18 billion (US$11 billion)|
|Karnataka Bank||1924||Mangaluru, Karnataka||835||₹51.85 billion (US$720 million)||₹641.26 billion (US$8.9 billion)|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1916||Karur, Tamil Nadu||668||₹54.43 billion (US$760 million)||₹576.63 billion (US$8.0 billion)|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||2003||Mumbai, Maharashtra||1,369||₹211.76 billion (US$2.9 billion)||₹2.146 trillion (US$30 billion)|
|Lakshmi Vilas Bank||1926||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||565||₹25.68 billion (US$360 million)||₹287.32 billion (US$4.0 billion)|
|Nainital Bank||1922||Nainital, Uttarakhand||135||₹6.12 billion (US$85 million)||₹7.7 billion (US$110 million)|
|RBL Bank||1943||Mumbai, Maharashtra||342||₹44.68 billion (US$620 million)||₹486.74 billion (US$6.8 billion)|
|South Indian Bank||1929||Thrissur, Kerala||852||₹65.62 billion (US$910 million)||₹743.12 billion (US$10 billion)|
|Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited||1921||Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu||509||₹38.11 billion (US$530 million)||₹32.24 billion (US$450 million)|
|Yes Bank||2004||Mumbai, Maharashtra||1,050||₹205.81 billion (US$2.9 billion)||₹2.15 trillion (US$30 billion)|
Local area banksEdit
- Coastal Local Area Bank Limited
- Krishna Bhima Samruddhi Local Area Bank Limited
- Subhadra Local Area Bank Limited
Small finance banksEdit
Foreign banks with branchesEdit
List of banks which are incorporated outside India and are operating branches in India:
South African banks
South Korean banks
Sri Lankan banks
Foreign banks with representative officesEdit
List of foreign banks with representative offices in India:
South Korean banks
Sri Lankan banks
Regional Rural Banks (RRBs)Edit
List of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs):
State Co-operative Banks (SCBs)Edit
List of State Co-operative Banks:
- Andaman and Nicobar State Co-operative Bank
- Andhra Pradesh State Co-operative Bank
- Arunachal Pradesh State Co-operative Apex Bank
- Assam Co-operative Apex Bank
- Bihar State Co-operative Bank
- Chandigarh State Co-operative Bank
- Chhattisgarh Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit
- Delhi State Co-operative Bank
- Goa State Co-operative Bank ltd
- Gujarat State Co-operative Bank
- Haryana State Co-operative Apex Bank
- Himachal Pradesh State Co-operative Bank
- Jammu and Kashmir State Co-operative Bank
- Jharkhand State Co-operative Bank
- Karnataka State Co-operative Apex Bank Bangalore
- Kerala State Co-operative Bank
- Madhya Pradesh Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit
- Maharashtra State Co-operative Bank
- Manipur State Co-operative Bank
- Meghalaya Co-operative Apex Bank
- Mizoram Co-operative Apex Bank
- Nagaland State Co-operative Bank
- Orissa State Co-Operative Bank
- Pondichery State Co-operative Bank
- Punjab State Co-operative Bank
- Rajasthan State Co-operative Bank
- Sikkim State Co-operative Bank
- The Tamil Nadu State Apex Co-operative Bank
- Telangana State Co-Operative Apex Bank Limited
- Tripura State Co-operative Bank
- Uttar Pradesh Co-operative Bank
- Uttarakhand State Co-operative Bank
- West Bengal State Co-operative Bank
Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs)Edit
List of scheduled Urban Co-operative Banks:
- AP Mahesh Co-Op Bank Ltd.
- Ahmedabad Mercantile Co-Op Bank Ltd.
- Kalupur Commercial Coop.Bank Ltd.
- Mehsana Urban Co-Op Bank Ltd.
- Nutan Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Rajkot Nagrik Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- SBPP Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Surat Peoples Coop Bank Ltd.
- Amanath Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Andhra Pradesh Mahesh Co-Op Urban Bank Ltd.
- Indian Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Abhyudaya Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Apna Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Bassein Catholic Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Bharat Co-operative Bank (Mumbai) Ltd.
- Bharati Sahakari Bank Limited
- Bombay Mercantile Co-operative Bank Limited
- Citizen Credit Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Gopinath Patil Parsik Janata Sahakari Bank
- Greater Bombay Co-operative Bank Limited
- GS Mahanagar Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Jalgaon Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Jalgaon People's Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Janakalyan Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Janalaxmi Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Kallappanna Awade Ichalkaranji Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Kalyan Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Kapol Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Karad Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Model Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Nagar Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Nasik Merchant's Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- New India Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- NKGSB Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Pravara Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Rajarambapu Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Rupee Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Sangli Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Saraswat Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Shamrao Vithal Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Solapur Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Thane Bharat Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- TJSB Sahakari Bank
- Vasai Vikas Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Zoroastrian Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Nagpur Nagrik Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- Shikshak Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- The Akola Janata Commercial Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- The Akola Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- The Khamgaon Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd.
- Goa Urban Co-operative Bank Limited.
- Mapusa Urban Co-operative Bank of Goa Ltd.
District Co-operative Central Banks (DCCBs)Edit
List of District Co-operative Central Banks:
- Total 364 DCC Banks