|Born||5 September 1976|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Retired||2007 (played part-time afterwards)|
|Plays||Right-handed (one-handed backhand)|
|Highest ranking||No. 115 (5 May 2003)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||Q2 (2006)|
|French Open||2R (2003)|
|Wimbledon||Q2 (1997, 2000)|
|US Open||2R (1998, 2005)|
|Highest ranking||No. 65 (6 June 2005)|
As a junior, Galimberti reached the final of the 1994 French Open, losing to Jacobo Díaz. En route, he defeated future top pros Stefan Koubek, Gustavo Kuerten, Mariano Zabaleta and Nicolas Lapentti. On the pro tour, Galimberti played singles mostly at Challenger level, while in doubles he won the 2005 ATP title in Milan, teaming with Daniele Bracciali, and reached two other ATP finals.
On February 18, 2008, Galimberti was suspended for 100 days and fined $35,000 (£17,808) after being found guilty of betting on tennis games between June 2003 to January 2006. It is not known whether Galimberti had bet on his own matches. Investigations into Galimberti's activities took place on August 2007, and were reviewed by an "independent anti-corruption hearing officer". Galimberti was the fourth Italian tennis player to be suspended after betting on other player's matches.
Doubles: 3 (1 title, 2 runner-ups)Edit
|Loss||0–1||Jun 1998||Bologna, Italy||World Series||Clay||Massimo Valeri|| Brandon Coupe
|Loss||0–2||Feb 2004||Milan Indoor, Italy||International||Carpet (i)||Daniele Bracciali|| Jared Palmer
|Win||1–2||Feb 2005||Milan Indoor, Italy||International||Carpet (i)||Daniele Bracciali|| Arnaud Clément
|6–7(8–10), 7–6(8–6), 6–4|
- "Player profile – Giorgio Galimberti (ITA)". ATP Tennis.
- Lehourites, Chris (February 18, 2008). "Galimberti found guilty of betting on tennis, suspended for 100 days". Yahoo Sports. Archived from the original on 2008-02-20. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- "Galimberti receives betting ban". BBC Sports. 2008-02-18. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- Giorgio Galimberti at the Association of Tennis Professionals
- Giorgio Galimberti at the International Tennis Federation
- Giorgio Galimberti at the Davis Cup
|This biographical article relating to Italian tennis is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|