Epicentr K (Ukrainian: Епіцентр К) is a national chain of stores in Ukraine that specializes in home improvement and gardening. The company is one of the first in Ukraine to introduce a chain of home improvement stores and has successfully expanded across the country over the last decade.
|Founded||Kiev, Ukraine (2003)|
|Headquarters||11 Bratyslavska Street |
Kiev, Ukraine 02139
|Oleksandr and Halyna Hereha (owners)|
Anatoliy Mokrousov, Head of the Counsel of Directors
|Products||gardening, metal/wood, plumbing, tools, decor, flooring, electronics, construction materials|
The company was the first in Ukraine to come up with wholesale stores in Ukraine. Currently Epicentr K is very similar to many stores in the United States such as Home Depot, Lowe's, or Menards. In 2008, the company became the title sponsor of the Ukrainian Premier League in football. As of 2018, the company had plans to bring the total number of stores to 53 nationwide. Despite the economic crisis of 2008–2009 the company continued to expand.
The company was established on 6 December 2003 and the first store opened in Kiev on Bratyslavska street. In 2005, two more stores were built in Kiev.
In 2006, the first three stores were built outside Kiev: Lviv, Poltava, and Odessa. In 2007, eight stores were built nationwide including one in Kryvyi Rih. As of 2008, there were 16 stores built with eight more projected. In 2009, the company expanded its offerings to include consumer goods in addition to building materials.
On 11 December 2009 the company opened 56,000 square metres (600,000 sq ft) store, the largest of its kind in Ukraine. That store was surpassed by the 2014 opening of a 105,000 square metres (1,130,000 sq ft), at 20 Polyarna Street in Kiev. The store is recognized as "The World's Largest Trading Center of DIY format" by the Book of Records of Ukraine.
In 2019, the agrarian operations of Epicenter K expanded after its owners purchased 1.364 hectares.
Each store has a big overflow and free parking. In each store you can find also a cafe and a bank. The company offers a possibility of custom design on a wide selection of its products as well as delivery and an express delivery.
The company also helps with the construction of the Kievan Spiritual Academy and participates in a wide variety of sponsorship throughout the country: Gert Goff show commemorated to 750-year anniversary of Lviv, jubilee concerts of Pavlo Zibrov and Valentyna Stepova, and many others.
The company carries a collection of awards such as "The Brand of the Year" (2008).
- Information from the Infoportal of Horodok District (Khmelnytskyi Region)
- Interfax-Ukraine (13 August 2018). "Epicenter K to open five new outlets by end of 2018". Kyiv Post. Kyiv Ukraine. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Shopping Center EpiCentr" (PDF). epicentrk.ua. 17 April 2019. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- Saluga, Tatyana (11 December 2009). "A Flagman of World DIY Market Opens in Kiev". Fakty (in Russian). Kiev. Retrieved 12 December 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "EpiCentre Will Open the Largest DIY Hypermarket in Europe by December 12th" (in Russian). malls (courtesy to Interfax). Retrieved 12 December 2009.
- "Epicenter K acquired a new agricultural company in Khmelnytsky region". inventure.com.ua. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- EpiCentre K Sports Club (in Ukrainian)