Dolly Ki Doli
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dolly Ki Doli (English: Dolly's Palanquin) 2015 Indian comedy-drama film, directed by debutant Abhishek Dogra and produced by actor Arbaaz Khan under his production house Arbaaz Khan Productions. The film stars Sonam Kapoor in the title role and also features Pulkit Samrat, Rajkummar Rao and Varun Sharma. The film was released on 23 January 2015. The film's trailer was unveiled on Malaika's and Arbaaz's anniversary in December 2014.
|Dolly Ki Doli|
|Directed by||Abhishek Dogra|
|Produced by||Arbaaz Khan|
Malaika Arora Khan
|Written by||Umashankar Singh|
Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub
|Edited by||Hemal Kothari|
|Distributed by||Kinesis Films|
|Box office||est. ₹25 crore (US$3.5 million)|
The movie centres around a young woman, Dolly (Sonam Kapoor), who is a young con artist. First she married Sonu Sherawat (Rajkummar Rao). She marries men from different religions and runs away with their wealth on the night of the wedding. Her entire family consists of con artists. After conning a number of rich men, she gets media attention, who label her as "looteri dulhan". A cop Robin Singh (Pulkit Samrat) decides to catch Dolly. When she tries to con Delhi boy Manjot (Varun Sharma), she slips and her photographs are splashed all over the media.
When Dolly and her gang try to con a prince (Saif Ali Khan), they are arrested by Robin Singh. Then it is revealed that Robin Singh and Dolly have a past. She is put behind bars but she escapes with Robin's help and they get married. But she leaves him too and regroups with her old gang members and goes in search of their next victim.
- Sonam Kapoor as Dolly / Madhuri Chawla / Bhagyashree / Priya
- Pulkit Samrat as Inspector Robin Singh
- Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub as Raju, Dolly's fake brother
- Manoj Joshi as Dubeyji, Dolly's fake father
- Rajkummar Rao as Sonu Sherawat
- Varun Sharma as Manjot Singh Chadda
- Rajesh Sharma as Ramesh Sherawat, Sonu's Father
- Gulfam Khan as Sonu's Mother
- Archana Puran Singh as Manjot's Mother
- Brijendra Kala as Sub-Inspector Khan
- Saif Ali Khan in a cameo appearance as Prince Kunwar Aditya Singh
- Malaika Arora Khan in a cameo appearance as a dancer in Sonu-Dolly's reception
All music composed by Sajid-Wajid and lyrics are penned by Irfan Kamal.
|Dolly Ki Doli|
|1.||"Phatte tak nachana"||Danish Sabri||Sunidhi Chauhan||04:42|
|2.||"Dolly Ki Doli"||Irfan Kamal||Divya Kumar||04:56|
|3.||"Fashion Khatam Mujhpe"||Irfan Kamal||Mamta Sharma, Wajid, Shabab Sabri||04:24|
|4.||"Mere Naina Kafir Hogaye"||Kumaar||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan||04:55|
|5.||"Babaji Ka Thullu"||Danish Sabri||Wajid, Danish Sabri||04:48|
In its first Friday, it collected 2 crore, a result which Koimoi called "poor". At the end of its second weekend, it had collected 19.21 crore, performing well in the north, but failing in multiplexes and single screens.
- "Dolly Ki Doli". bollywoodhungama.com.
- "Dolly Ki Doli: 2nd Friday & 2nd Saturday Box Office Collections". Koimoi.
- "Sonam Kapoor's Dolly Ki Doli To Release On January 23, 2015". Indialive.today. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Exclusive: What's Sonam Kapoor Wearing In 'Dolly Ki Doli'?". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "'Dolly Ki Doli' escapes CBFC knife and gets U/A certificate". Daijiworld.com. 12 January 2015.
- "Dolly Ki Doli Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Dolly Ki Doli: 1st Friday (Day 1) Box Office Collections". Koimoi. 24 January 2015
- Bollywood Hungama. "Dolly ki Doli".