Manoj Joshi (actor)
Manoj Joshi is an Indian film and television actor of Gujarati origin. After graduating from Sir J.J. School of Arts, he began his career in Marathi theatre, also putting up performances in Gujarati and Hindi theatre. He has also acted in over 60 films since 1998, many of his roles being comedy.
Manoj Joshi in Bhopal
|Born||3 September 1965|
Himmatnagar, Gujarat, India
|Known for||Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Phir Hera Pheri, Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat|
He acted in TV series including Chanakya, Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka, Rau (Marathi), Sangdil, Kabhi Souten Kabhi Saheli, Khichdi, Mura Raska Mai La (Marathi). He debuted in Sarfarosh (SI Bajju) alongside his brother who played Bala Thakur in the film. His other works include the film Hungama followed by Hulchul, Dhoom, Bhagam Bhag, Phir Hera Pheri, Chup Chup Ke, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, and Billo Barber. He has also portrayed Chanakya in Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2000||Aaghaaz||as assistant of Danny Mendoza, Johnny's younger brother|
|2001||Jaaneman Jaaneman||Belji Bhai|
|Chandni Bar||Chandrakant Bhau|
|2003||Jogger's Park||Tariq Ahmed||Hindi/English|
|2004||Aan: Men at Work||Manik Rao||Hindi|
|2004||Dhoom||ACP Shekhar Kamal|
|2004||Jaago||Advocate Satya Prakash Satwani|
|2005||Kyon Ki||P.K. Narayan (A Security Guard)|
|2006||Phir Hera Pheri||Kachara Seth|
|2006||Chup Chup Ke||Pooja's father|
|2006||Golmaal: Fun Unlimited||Harichandra Ramchandra Mirchindani "Harami"|
|2006||Vivah||Bhagat Ji (Matchmaker of Prem and Poonam)|
|2006||Bhagam Bhag||Manubhai Gandhi|
|2006||Humko Deewana Kar Gaye||Rasikbhai Galgalia|
|2007||Bhool Bhulaiyaa||Badrinath Chaturvedi|
|2008||Mere Baap Pehle Aap||Chirag Rane|
|2008||Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam||Police Inspector Patil|
|2009||De Dana Dan||Brij Mohan Oberoi|
|2010||Khatta Meetha||Trigun Fatak|
|2011||Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji||Waiter|
|2011||Bin Bulaye Baraati||Loha Singh|
|2011||Fakt Ladh Mhana||Marathi|
|2011||The Opportunist||The Opportunist||Hindi|
|2012||Gola Berij||Story teller||Marathi|
|2013||Wake Up India||Hindi|
|2013||Narbachi Wadi||Double Role||Marathi|
|2014||Mr Joe B. Carvalho||Commissioner Pandey||Hindi|
|2014||Hasee Toh Phasee||Devesh Solanki||Hindi|
|2014||Bey Yaar||Y. B. Gandhi||Gujarati|
|2015||Dolly Ki Doli||Duby Ji||Hindi|
|2015||I Love New Year||Randhir's friend||Hindi|
|2015||Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon||Deepika's father||Hindi|
|2015||Prem Ratan Dhan Payo||Mr. Bhandari/Advocate of Pritampur Estate||Hindi|
|2016||Sanam Re||Akash's Boss||Hindi|
|2016||Thai Jashe!||Chandrakantbhai Joshi||Gujarati|
|2016||Ghayal Once Again||Minister||Hindi|
|2017||Pappa Tamne Nahi Samjaay||Hasmukhlal Mehta||Gujarati|
|2017||Judwaa 2||Alex's Mama||Hindi|
|2017||Dashakriya||Marathi||National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor|
|2018||Odiyan||Mootha Manickan (Muthappan)||Malayalam|
|2018||Fera Feri Hera Feri||Hasmukhlal Jobanputra||Gujarati|
|2018||Kaashi in Search of Ganga||Kaashi's Lawyer||Hindi|
|2019||Ram Ki Janmbhoomi||Pandit Sadanand Shashtri||Hindi|
|2019||Waah Zindagi||Jagat Shah||Hindi|
|2019||PM Narendra Modi||Amit Shah||Hindi|||
|2019||Made in China||Vhinde Bhai||Hindi|
1989 Rau Bajirao Peshwa Marathi Historcial
|1990||Chanakya||Shriyak, Son of Shaktar||Hindi|
|1999–2002||Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka||Abhay Purshottam Nanavati||Hindi|
|2002||Kehta Hai Dil||Mayor Sahab||Hindi||Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role|
|2004–2005||Yeh Meri Life Hai||Rasik Mehta||Hindi|
|2006||Kasamh Se||Nishikant Dixit (Cameo) (Dead)||Hindi|
|2010-2011||Zindagi Ka Har Rang...Gulaal||Motabha||Hindi|
|2015||Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat||Chanakya||Hindi||ITA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role|
|2015–2016||Honar Sun Me Hya Gharchi||Ramakant Gokhale||Marathi|
|2018–present||Mangalam Dangalam||Sanjeev Saklecha||Hindi|
His father is Navneet Joshi, and his younger brother Rajesh Joshi was an actor too. Rajesh died in 1998. Manoj Joshi's native place is Adpodara village near Himatnagar in north Gujarat, but he has spent most of his childhood in Goregaon, near Mahad Konkan in Maharashtra. His wife Charu Joshi, is also a producer, and they have two children named Rudra Joshi and Dharmaj Joshi, who are now working in the same industry.
- Padma Shree Award on 69th Republic Day, 2018
- National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor 2017 · Dashakriya
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role 2003 · Kehta Hai Dil
- ITA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role 2016 · Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for Theatre - Acting 2016
- Jambhekar, Shruti (24 June 2011). "I want to direct a Gujarati film: Manoj Joshi". The Times of India.
- "Winning over with words". The Hindu. 8 January 2003. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- "Bhagam Bhag". The Indian Express. 22 December 2006. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- "The King of Comedy delivers again". The Hindu. 9 October 2007. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- "Padma awards 2018 announced, MS Dhoni, Sharda Sinha among 85 recipients: Here's complete list". India TV. 25 January 2018. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "In Kashi, to play Kashi, Sharman says loving it to bits". Hindustan Times. 29 September 2017. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- Taran Adarsh [@taran_adarsh] (13 February 2019). "Well-known theatre and film actor Manoj Joshi to portray #AmitShah in #PMNarendraModi... Vivek Anand Oberoi essays the title role... Omung Kumar B directs the biopic... Produced by Suresh Oberoi and Sandip Ssingh... Here's the first look: t.co/9M3n78q4XG" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Rangeela's Pakya dies in an accident". The Indian Express. 13 January 1998. Retrieved 16 February 2010.