Cyprus at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|Cyprus at the|
2012 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Cyprus Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||13 in 7 sports|
|Flag bearer||Marcos Baghdatis (opening)|
Chrystalleni Trikomiti (closing)
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Cyprus Olympic Committee sent the nation's smallest team ever to the Games since 1988. A total of 13 athletes, 9 men and 4 women, competed in 7 sports. Skeet shooter Georgios Achilleos became the first Cypriot athlete to participate in four Olympic games. Professional tennis player and one-time Australian Open finalist Marcos Baghdatis, who did not compete in Beijing because of injury, was the nation's flag bearer at the opening ceremony.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Kyriakos Ioannou||High jump||2.26||12 q||2.20||13|
|Apostolos Parellis||Discus throw||63.48||13||Did not advance|
|Constantinos Stathelakos||Hammer throw||69.65||33||Did not advance|
|Eleni Artymata||200 m||23.09||6 q||22.92||8||Did not advance|
Cyprus has qualified the following cyclists for the Games.
|Marios Athanasiadis||Men's cross-country||1:43:25||40|
|Chrystalleni Trikomiti||All-around||26.255||26.250||26.380||26.665||104.675||19||Did not advance|
Cyprus has qualified 1 boat for each of the following events
|Athlete||Event||Race||Net points||Final Rank|
M = Medal race; EL = Eliminated – did not advance into the medal race;
Cyprus has qualified for three quota places in shooting;
|Georgios Achilleos||Skeet||118||11||Did not advance|
|Antonakis Andreou||115||22||Did not advance|
|Panayiota Andreou||Skeet||57||16||Did not advance|
Swimmers have so far achieved qualifying standards in the following events (up to a maximum of 2 swimmers in each event at the Olympic Qualifying Time (OQT), and potentially 1 at the Olympic Selection Time (OST)):
|Anna Stylianou||200 m freestyle||2:01.87||27||Did not advance|
|Athlete||Event||Round of 64||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Final / BM|
|Marcos Baghdatis||Men's singles|| Soeda (JPN)
W 6–7(6–8), 7–6(7–5), 6–2
| Gasquet (FRA)
W 6–4, 6–4
| A Murray (GBR)
L 6–4, 1–6, 4–6
|Did not advance|
- "EYES ON LONDON: Coe hears final lap bell, UK elated over golds, Cyprus gets first medal". Archived from the original on 11 December 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – London 2012 ENTRY STANDARDS (PDF), IAAF, archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2012, retrieved 4 June 2011
- "Quota places by Nation and Name". ISSF. 8 March 2011. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- "Swimming World Rankings". FINA. Archived from the original on 6 January 2011. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- FÉDÉRATION INTERNATIONALE DE NATATION – Swimming (PDF), FINA, archived from the original (PDF) on 26 July 2011, retrieved 8 June 2011