Baktykozha Salakhidenuly Izmukhambetov (Kazakh: Бақтықожа Салахиденұлы Ізмұхамбетов, Baqtyqoja Salahıdenuly Izmuhambetov; born 1 September 1948) is a Kazakh politician who served as the Chair of the Mazhilis from March to June 2016, äkim of Atyrau Region from 2012 to 2016, äkim of West Kazakhstan Region from 2007 to 2012, and a Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources from 2006 to 2007.
Izmukhambetov in May 2016
|8th Chair of the Mazhilis|
25 March 2016 – 21 June 2016
|Preceded by||Kabibulla Dzhakupov|
|Succeeded by||Nurlan Nigmatulin|
|Deputy Chair of the Mazhilis|
20 January 2012 – 15 August 2012
|Preceded by||Janibek Karibjanov|
|Succeeded by||Kabibulla Dzhakupov|
|Member of the Mazhilis|
20 March 2016 – 21 June 2016
15 January 2012 – 15 August 2012
|Äkim of Atyrau Region|
15 August 2012 – 24 March 2016
|Preceded by||Bergey Ryskaliyev|
|Succeeded by||Nurlan Nogaev|
|Äkim of West Kazakhstan Region|
28 August 2007 – 18 January 2012
|Preceded by||Nurgali Ashimov|
|Succeeded by||Nurlan Nogaev|
|Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources|
19 January 2006 – 28 August 2007
|Prime Minister||Daniyal Akhmetov|
|Preceded by||Vladimir Shkolnik|
|Succeeded by||Sauat Mynbayev|
|Born||1 September 1948|
Qoshalaq, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Nur Otan|
|Alma mater||Ufa State Petroleum Technological University|
From 1966 to 1971, Izmukhambetov studied at the Ufa State Petroleum Technological University. After graduating, he started as a driller with Embaneft association and later occupied a number of positions in Kazakh Exploration R&D Institute. From 1983 to 1987, Izmukhambetov was in mission in Yemen.
Between 1991 and 1993, Izmukhambetov held different posts at the Ministry of Geology and Subsurface Protection. After that, he served as the director-general of Kazakhturkmunay and Kazmunaytengiz oil companies, and as a managing director of the national oil company KazMunayGas. Later, he served as the first vice minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, and from 19 January 2006 until 28 August 2007 as a minister of Energy and Mineral Resources.
During the 2012 legislative election, Izmukhambetov was elected to the Mazhilis, he was subsequently appointed as the Deputy Chair. From 2012 to 2016 he served as Akim of the Atyrau Region, he succeeded Bergey Ryskaliyev in this position. He was himself succeeded by Nurlan Nogaev on 26 March 2016. On 25 March 2016, Izmukhambetov was sworn in as the Chair of the Mazhilis and succeeded Kabibulla Dzhakupov. On 21 June 2016, Izmukhambetov resigned as the Mazhilis Chair to become chairman of the Republican Public Association of Veterans Organization of the Central Council. He was succeeded as chair by Nurlan Nigmatulin.
Izmukhambetov is decorated with the Order of Kurmet (1999) and with the third class of the Order of Merit of Ukraine (2008).
- "Kazakhstan Prime Minister introduces new regional governor of West Kazakhstan". Kazinform. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "Akim (Governor) of Western-Kazakhstan Oblast". Government of Kazakhstan. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "ANALYSIS-Kazakhstan learns from Moscow in squeezing oil firms". Reuters. 2007-08-28. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "Baktykozha Izmukhambetov appointed Governor of Atyrau oblast". Tengri News. 15 August 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Baktykozha Izmukhambetov named as Majilis Speaker". Inform. 25 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "New governor of Atyrau region named". Inform. 26 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Baktykozha Izmukhambetov becomes Kazakh Speaker of Parliament". Vestnik Kavkaza. 25 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Baktikozha Izmukhambetov resigned from post as Chairman of Majilis". BNews. 22 June 2016. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Nurlan Nigmatulin elected Chairman of Majilis (Lower House) of the Kazakh Parliament". Turkpa. 22 June 2016. Archived from the original on 2 April 2017. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
|This Kazakhstani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|