This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sauat Mukhametbayuly Mynbayev (Kazakh: Сауат Мұхаметбайұлы Мыңбаев, Saýat Muhametbaıuly Myńbaev) is a Kazakh politician who served as the minister of oil and gas of Kazakhstan from 2010 to 2013. He is currently the CEO of Kazakhstan Temir zholy.
Сауат Мұхаметбайұлы Мыңбаев
|Minister of Oil and Gas|
12 March 2010 – 3 July 2013
|Preceded by||Office established|
|Succeeded by||Uzakbai Karabalin|
|Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources|
27 August 2010 – 12 March 2010
|Prime Minister||Karim Massimov|
|Preceded by||Baktykozha Izmukhambetov|
|Succeeded by||Office abolished|
|Minister of Industry and Trade|
14 December 2004 – 19 January 2006
|Prime Minister||Daniyal Akhmetov|
|Preceded by||Adilbek Dzhaksybekov|
|Succeeded by||Vladimir Shkolnik|
|Minister of Agriculture|
26 July 1999 – 18 May 2001
|Preceded by||Zhanybek Karibzhanov|
|Succeeded by||Akhmetzhan Yessimov|
|Minister of Finance|
21 February 1998 – 22 January 1999
|Preceded by||Aleksandr Pavlov|
|Succeeded by||Oraz Jandosov|
|Born||19 November 1962|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University (1985)|
Mynbayev was born on 19 November 1962. In 1985, he received a degree in economics from Moscow State University and he obtained a master's degree again in economics in 1988.
From September 2007 until March 2010, Mynbayev was the minister of energy and mineral resources. On 12 March 2010, he was named as the head of the newly created ministry of oil and gas. Mynbayev's term ended on 3 July 2013 and he was replaced by Uzakbay Karabalin in the post.
In 2009, Mynbayev and Chinese officials discussed the current state and prospects of cooperation within the CNPC-AktobeMunaiGaz JV to develop Kenkiyak and Zhanazhol oilfields; they also dwelt on completion of the 2nd segment of the Kazakhstan-China oil pipeline as well as on new bilateral projects.
In November 2017 an investigation conducted by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalism cited his name in the list of politicians named in "Paradise Papers" allegations.
- "Мынбаев Сауат Мухаметбаевич" [Mynbayev Sauat Mukhametbayevich] (in Russian). Biographia. 25 December 2010. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- ir.kz. "The Board of Directors | Corporate governance | Company | National Company "KazMunayGas"". www.kmg.kz. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "Reshuffle in Oil and Gas Sector Leadership - The Astana Times". The Astana Times. 10 July 2013. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "New Kazakhstan Minister of Oil and Gas appointed". BNews. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Analysis: China increases stake in Kazakh energy assets". UPI. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "Explore The Politicians in the Paradise Papers - ICIJ". ICIJ. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
|This article about a politician from Kazakhstan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|