Oral Baigonysuly Muhamedjanov (Kazakh: Орал Байғонысұлы Мұхамеджанов, Oral Baıǵonysuly Muhamedjanov; 11 November 1948 – 15 October 2013) was a Kazakh politician, member of the Mazhilis from 2004 to 2013, and the chair of Mazhilis from 2004 to 2007 and then from 2008 to 2012.
|5th Chair of the Mazhilis|
13 October 2008 – 16 November 2011
|Preceded by||Aslan Musin|
|Succeeded by||Nurlan Nigmatulin|
3 November 2004 – 20 June 2007
|Preceded by||Zharmakhan Tuyakbay|
|Succeeded by||Aslan Musin|
|Leader of Nur Otan in the Mazhilis|
11 February 2008 – 16 November 2011
|Preceded by||Bakhytzhan Zhumagulov|
|Succeeded by||Nurlan Nigmatulin|
|Member of the Mazhilis|
19 September 2004 – 15 October 2013
|Born||11 November 1948|
Kustanay, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
|Died||15 October 2013 (aged 64)|
|Political party||Nur Otan (1999−2013)|
Early life and educationEdit
Muhamedjanov was born in 1948 in the city of Kostanay to the parents of Muhamedjanov Baygonys (1915–1994) and Muhamedjanova Biken (1926–1955). In 1971, he graduated from the Novosibirsk Institute of Cooperative Trade and then in Alma-Ata Higher Party School in 1980.
From 1971 to 1975 he worked in the city of Kostanay in a Regional Consumer Union, worsted-cloth factory. From 1975 to 1992 he worked in various positions in the Komsomol and party bodies, in the Regional Council of People's Deputies of the Torgai Region. From 1992 to 1994 he was the head of the Amangeldy District Administration.
In 1994, Muhamedjanov became a deputy chairman of the Committee on Economic Reform of the Supreme Soviet of the 13th convocation. From 1995 to 1997, he was the head of the Department of Social and Cultural Development of the Office of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
From 1997 to 2004 he worked in the Administration of the President of Kazakhstan, having gone from a state inspector to the head of the Department of organizational and control work.
In the 2004 legislative election held in September 2004, Muhamedjanov was elected to the Mazhilis and was its chair from November 2004 to September 2007. In August 2007, he was re-elected for a second term and became a member of the Committee on Agricultural Issues. On 11 February 2008, Muhamedjanov was chosen to be the parliamentary leader of the Nur Otan. On 13 October 2008, he was chosen to be the chair again until the dissolution of the Mazhilis on 16 November 2011. After the 2012 Kazakh legislative election, Muhamedjanov a member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defense and Security, while Nurlan Nigmatulin succeeded him as the chair of the Mazhilis.
Muhamedjanov died on 15 October 2013 at the age of 64.
- "Мухамеджанов Урал Байгонысович (персональная справка)". Информационная система ПАРАГРАФ. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- "Избран новый руководитель фракции НДП "Нур Отан" в Мажилисе". Информационная система ПАРАГРАФ. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- "Перемена участи". Время (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- BFM.ru. "Назарбаев распустил Мажилис". BFM.ru - деловой портал (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- "Мухамеджанов Урал Байгунсович: Биография". www.parlam.kz. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- "Нурлан Нигматулин избран спикером мажилиса парламента РК | Kazakhstan Today". www.kt.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- tengrinews.kz (2013-10-16). "Скончался Урал Мухамеджанов". Главные новости Казахстана - Tengrinews.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-07-27.
|This article about a politician from Kazakhstan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|