Kabibulla Kabenuly Dzhakupov (Kazakh: Qabıbolla Qabenuly Jaqypov, born 16 September 1949) is a Kazakhstani politician and civil engineer. He served as Chair of the Mazhilis from 3 April 2014 to 25 March 2016. He has served as a member of the Mazhilis since 2007.
Қабиболла Қабенұлы Жақыпов
Qabıbolla Qabenuly Jaqypov
|7th Chair of the Mazhilis|
3 April 2014 – 25 March 2016
|Preceded by||Nurlan Nigmatulin|
|Succeeded by||Baktykozha Izmukhambetov|
|Deputy Chair of the Mazhilis|
3 September 2012 – 3 April 2014
|Preceded by||Baktykozha Izmukhambetov|
|Succeeded by||Dariga Nazarbayeva|
|Leader of Nur Otan in the Mazhilis|
11 September 2015 – 20 January 2016
|Preceded by||Dariga Nazarbayeva|
|Succeeded by||Gülmira Esimbaeva|
|Member of the Mazhilis|
|Assumed office |
18 August 2007
|Äkim of West Kazakhstan Region|
19 January 1993 – 18 December 2000
|Preceded by||Najimeden Esqaliev|
|Succeeded by||Krymbek Kusherbayev|
|Born||16 September 1949|
West Kazakhstan Region, Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic
|Political party||Nur Otan|
Dzhakupov was born on 16 September 1949 in a village in the West Kazakhstan Region. He studied to be a civil engineer at the Tselinograd (Astana) Civil Engineering Institute and graduated in 1972. In 1981 Dzhakupov became politically active on the local level in Oral. From 19 January 1993 to 18 December 2000 he served as the akim of the West Kazakhstan Region.
Dzhakupov was chosen to the Mazhilis in the 2007 parliamentary elections. He was subsequently reelected in the 2012 elections for the Nur Otan party. On 3 September 2012 he was elected deputy chair of the Mazhilis after his predecessor Baktykozha Izmukhambetov was appointed as akim of Atyrau Region. On 3 April 2014 he was elected as the chair, succeeding Nurlan Nigmatulin. Dzhakupov obtained 103 votes for and one against. Dzhakupov was succeeded as deputy chair by Dariga Nazarbayeva who also became the parliamentary leader of Nur Otan. After Nazarbayeva was appointed as the Deputy Prime Minister of Kazakhstan on 11 September 2015, Dzhakupov succeeded her as the parliamentary leader. He continued to serve in the Mazhilis until its dissolution on 20 January 2016.
On 25 March 2016, Dzhakupov who formally held the seat as the chair of the Mazhilis was succeeded by Baktykozha Izmukhambetov while Gülmira Esimbaeva became the new parliamentary leader of Nur Otan.
- "ДЖАКУПОВ КАБИБУЛЛА КАБЕНОВИЧ" (in Russian). Parliament of Kazakhstan. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Кабибулла Джакупов избран вице-спикером мажилиса". Информационная система ПАРАГРАФ. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "Mazhilis of the Parliament of Kazakhstan elects a new Speaker". IACIS. 4 April 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Kabibulla Dzhakupov appointed Speaker of Majilis". Kazinform. 3 April 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Dauren Altynov (11 April 2014). "Kazak President Recycles Prime Minister". Institute for War & Reporting. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Lada.KZ. "Дарига Назарбаева избрана руководителем фракции «Нур Отан» в Парламенте". Новости Актау и Мангистауской области - ЛАДА.kz. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- INFORM.KZ (11 September 2015). "Dariga Nazarbayeva appointed Vice PM of Kazakhstan". www.inform.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "Kazakh Parliament Dissolved, Early Vote Set". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "Baktykozha Izmukhambetov becomes Kazakh Speaker of Parliament". Vestnik Kavkaza. 25 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan". web.archive.org. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
|This article about a politician from Kazakhstan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|