Abarkuh (Persian: ابركوه, also Romanized as Abarkūh and Abar Kūh; also known as Abarghoo, Abarkū, Abar Qū, and Abarqūh) is a city and capital of Abarkuh County, Yazd Province, Iran. At the 2016 census, its population was 27,524, in 5,880 families.
View of Abarkuh
|• Total||27,524 |
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
Abarkooh has 4 Adobe ice houses which date back to Qajar dynasty. Adobe ice houses (yakhchāl) are ancient buildings used to store ice and food throughout the year, commonly used prior to the invention of the refrigerator in the past.
- Abarkuh can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3051050" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- Location of Abarkuh - Falling Rain Genomics Archived February 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Abarquh," Encyclopaedia Iranica (online edition), accessed May 29, 2010.
- "Abarkooh Ice House Iran". untoldpersia.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-21. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abarkuh.|
|This Abarkuh County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|