Effect of Illkhanate ruleEdit
In his works regarding the history of Tabriz, Mustawfi mentions that before the arrival of the Mongols the people of Tabriz spoke Pahalavi Persian and later began to speak Adhari Turkish during Illkhanate rule. He also mentions that the people of Maragha, Zanjan and Ardabil had their own Persian dialects.
Verily God hath preferred amongst His creatures of the Arabs the Quraysh, and among the Persians the men of Fars : for which reason the people of this province . . . were known as ' the Best of the Persians.'
References and notesEdit
- Lewis, ed. by B. (1986). Encyclopedia of Islam, Vol 3, H - Iram (Photomechan. repr. ed.). Leiden [u.a.]: Brill [u.a.] p. 122. ISBN 9004081186.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- André Godard, "The art of Iran", Praeger, 1965. pg 234: "Hamd Allah Mustawfi Qazwini. Persian historian and geographer, born in 680 H (AD 1281-1282). "
- Carole Hillenbrand, "Turkish myth and muslim symbol: the battle of Manzikert", Edinburgh University Press, 2007. pg 97: "The Persian chronicler Hamdallah .."
- Melville, Charles. "ḤAMD-ALLĀH MOSTAWFI – Encyclopaedia Iranica". www.iranicaonline.org. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- Kashani-Sabet 2014, p. 17.
- FRAGILE FRONTIERS: THE DIMINISHING DOMAINS OF QAJAR IRAN
|This biographical article about an Iranian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|