2021 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification Group 8
Group 8 of the 2021 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying competition consists of six teams: Denmark, Romania, Ukraine, Finland, Northern Ireland, and Malta. The composition of the nine groups in the qualifying group stage was decided by the draw held on 11 December 2018, 09:00 CET (UTC+1), at the UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland, with the teams seeded according to their coefficient ranking.
The group was originally scheduled to be played in home-and-away round-robin format between 6 September 2019 and 13 October 2020. Under the original format, the group winners and the best runners-up among all nine groups (not counting results against the sixth-placed team) would qualify directly for the final tournament, while the remaining eight runners-up would advance to the play-offs.
On 17 March 2020, all matches were put on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. On 17 June 2020, UEFA announced that the qualifying group stage would be extended and end on 17 November 2020, while the play-offs, originally scheduled to be played in November 2020, would be cancelled. Instead, the group winners and the five best runners-up among all nine groups (not counting results against the sixth-placed team) would qualify for the final tournament.
There have been 85 goals scored in 30 matches, for an average of 2.83 goals per match (as of 17 November 2020).
- Mikkel Damsgaard
- Emil Riis Jakobsen
- Jesper Lindstrøm
- Nikolas Nartey
- Victor Nelsson
- Andreas Poulsen
- Jasin-Amin Assehnoun
- Marcus Forss
- Kaan Kairinen
- Timo Stavitski
- Naatan Skyttä
- Ayrton Attard
- Nicholas Pulis
- Jake Dunwoody
- Ross Larkin
- David Parkhouse
- Lewis Thompson
- Tudor Băluță
- Florinel Coman
- George Ganea
- Denis Haruț
- Olimpiu Moruțan
- Alexandru Mățan
- Darius Olaru
- Vladyslav Babohlo
- Serhiy Buletsa
- Yevhen Isayenko
- Yukhym Konoplya
- Bohdan Lyednyev
- Bogdan Milovanov
- Illya Shevtsov
- Dmytro Topalov
1 own goal
- CEST (UTC+2) for dates between 31 March and 26 October 2019 and between 29 March and 24 October 2020, and CET (UTC+1) for all other dates.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe, all matches scheduled for September 2020 were played behind closed doors.
- All matches originally scheduled to be played in March 2020 were postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe. These matches were subsequently rescheduled to be played in November 2020.
- "2020/21 Under-21 qualifying draw". UEFA.com.
- "2019-21 UEFA European Under-21 Championship regulations" (PDF). UEFA.
- "COVID-19: latest updates on UEFA competitions". UEFA.com. 17 March 2020.
- "UEFA competitions to resume in August". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 17 June 2020. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- "Updated UEFA competitions calendar". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 17 June 2020. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- "Under-21 EURO: New format and schedule announced". UEFA.com. 17 June 2020.
- "UEFA meets general secretaries of member associations". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 19 August 2020. Retrieved 1 September 2020.
- "UEFA Super Cup to test partial return of spectators". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 25 August 2020. Retrieved 1 September 2020.
- Under-21 Matches: 2021 Qualifying, UEFA.com