Man playing for FCSB in 2017
|Date of birth||26 August 1998|
|Place of birth||Vladimirescu, Romania|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position(s)||Winger / Attacking midfielder|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 March 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 19 November 2019
Born in Arad County, Man began his career at UTA before signing for FCSB in 2016. In March 2018, he renewed his contract, setting his buyout clause at €100 million. In the 2018-19 season, he was named to the Liga I Team of the Season.
While a junior at Atletico Arad in 2010, Man traveled to English club Manchester City for a trial and played a match for their youth team against Nottingham Forest. However, he returned to his native country and later joined UTA Arad.
Man was promoted from the UTA academy in the summer of 2015, aged 17, and made his senior debut on 29 August in a 1–2 loss to Gaz Metan Mediaș for the Liga II championship. On 25 October, he scored his first goal for the club in a 4–0 away win over Bihor Oradea.
On 6 September 2016, FC Steaua București transferred Man for an undisclosed fee, with the player penning a one-year deal with the option of another five years which would be activated at the end of the season. His release clause was set at €50 million.
Man made his debut for the Roș-albaștrii on 2 October 2016 against CS Universitatea Craiova, coming on as a substitute for injured Florin Tănase in the first half of the game; he himself was replaced in the 66th minute by Ovidiu Popescu, as his team eventually won 2–1. Later that month he netted his first Steaua—and Liga I—goal, in a 2–0 victory over CSM Politehnica Iași.
On 16 July 2017, Man scored an injury-time winner against FC Voluntari in the campaign's opener. He recorded his first European appearance in the UEFA Champions League's third qualifying round 4–1 away win against Viktoria Plzeň, on 2 August. On 25 October he contributed with two goals and two assists in the 6–1 thrashing of Sănătatea Cluj for the Cupa României. On 17 December, Man opened the scoring in a 2–0 success over defending champions Viitorul Constanța.
In January 2018, he was included by UEFA.com in a list of the fifty best young footballers to watch for that year. On 18 February, Man scored the first of his team in a 2–2 draw to rivals Dinamo București after appearing as a half-time substitute. Following his impressive performances, he signed a contract extension with FCSB with Man's release clause increasing to a €100 million.
July, he was nominated along with compatriot Ianis Hagi for the 2018 Golden Boy award. On the 25th that month, he scored his first European goal in a UEFA Europa League second qualifying round 2–0 away win over Rudar Velenje.
Senior manager Cosmin Contra gave Man his first Romania call-up for the friendlies with Israel and Sweden in March 2018. He made his debut in the latter game, replacing Nicolae Stanciu in 87th minute as his side won 1–0 at the Stadionul Ion Oblemenco in Craiova.
On 11 June 2019, he netted the last of his team in a 4–0 defeat of Malta counting for the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifiers. Later that month, he joined up with the under-21 side for the UEFA Euro 2019, making three appearances as Romania was eliminated by Germany in the semi-finals.
- As of 8 March 2020
- As of 10 June 2019
- As of 10 June 2019 (Romania score listed first, score column indicates score after each Man goal)
|1||10 June 2019||National Stadium, Ta' Qali, Malta||4||Malta||UEFA Euro 2020 qualification|
- ""Vreau să ajung mai tare ca Mutu" Un puşti minune român e aproape de Man City" ["I want to be better than Mutu" A Romanian wonderkid nears Man City move] (in Romanian). ProSport. 1 October 2010. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Utiştii au renunţat şi la Ionuţ Radu. Arădenii pleacă sâmbătă în Austria" ["Utiştii" gave up on Ionuţ Radu. The Arad people will leave to Austria on Saturday] (in Romanian). ProSport. 30 July 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Na, ce spuneam? UTA are viață foarte grea în Liga 2: 1–2 cu Gaz Metan" [Look what we were just saying. UTA have a hard time in the Liga 2: 1–2 against Gaz Metan] (in Romanian). Special Arad. 1 September 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "FOTBAL. FC Bihor a pierdut cu 0–4 meciul cu UTA, dar jucătorii orădeni au fost aplaudaţi de suporteri" [FOOTBALL. FC Bihor lost 0–4 against UTA, but the Oradea players were acclaimed by fans] (in Romanian). Digi 24. 25 October 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Dennis Man, transferat la Steaua București" [Dennis Man, transferred to Steaua București] (in Romanian). UTA Arad. 6 September 2016.
- "Bine ai venit, Dennis Man!" [Welcome, Dennis Man!] (in Romanian). Steaua București. 6 September 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Dennis Man a semnat cu Steaua un contract pe un an, cu prelungire automată" [Dennis Man signed a one-year contract with Steaua, with the option of extension] (in Romanian). DolceSport. 6 September 2016.
- "Motivul INCREDIBIL pentru care Dennis Man, pustiul cu clauza de 50 mil euro, nu mai prinde echipa Stelei!" [The UNBELIEVABLE reason for which Dennis Man, the youngster with a €50 million buyout clasue, is not playing for Steaua!] (in Romanian). Sport.ro. 18 February 2017. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Ce a fost asta? Reghecampf, decizie BIZARĂ în privința lui Dennis Man. Cum a răspuns Mulțescu" [What was that? Reghecampf, odd decision regarding Dennis Man. How Mulțescu responded]. Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). 2 October 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Dennis Man a "spart gheața"! Primul gol la Steaua e și primul pe care-l marchează în Liga 1" [Denis Man "broke the ice"! His first goal at Steaua is also the first in Liga 1] (in Romanian). DigiSport. 30 October 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "FCSB – FC Voluntari 2–1" (in Romanian). DigiSport. 16 July 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Plzeň 1–4 FCSB". UEFA.com. 2 August 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Sănătatea Cluj – FCSB 1–6. Calificare fără emoţii pentru roş-albaştri, care au avut patru debutanţi. Man, omul meciului" [Sănătatea Cluj – FCSB 1–6. Easy qualification for the red-and-blue, who had four newcomers. Man, man of the match] (in Romanian). DigiSport. 25 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "FCSB a învins FC Viitorul, scor 2-0, în Liga 1" [FCSB defeated FC Viitorul, score 2–0, in the Liga 1] (in Romanian). Mediafax. 17 December 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- "50 for the future: UEFA.com's ones to watch for 2018". UEFA.com. 5 January 2018. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- "Dinamo - FCSB 2-2: Puşi cu botul pe labe de Teixeira! Derby fabulos cu un final fantastic pe „Arena Naţională"" [Dinamo - FCSB 2-2: Teixeira knocks them down! Fabulous derby with a fantastic finish on the "National Arena"]. Adevărul (in Romanian). 18 February 2018. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- ""I-am crescut salariul și am pus clauză de 100 de milioane de euro!" Fotbalistul pe care Becali mizează tot". digisport.ro (in Romanian). 29 March 2018.
- Ionuţ Coman (2 July 2018). "FOTO Doi români pe lista celor 100 de candidați pentru trofeul Golden Boy 2018 » Ianis Hagi: "Avem o generație tare, care vine puternic din spate" » Marele favorit face senzație la Mondiale" [PHOTO Two Romanians on the list of 100 candidates for the 2018 Golden Boy trophy » Ianis Hagi: "We have a strong generation, that is pushing hard" » The big favourite to is making a splash at the World Cup]. Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- "Rudar – FCSB 0-2. Calificarea e o formalitate pentru roş-albaştri. Man şi Teixeira au marcat. Tănase, cu ratările" [Rudar – FCSB 0-2. The qualification is a formality for the Roș-albaștrii. Man and Teixeira scored. Tănase, with the misses] (in Romanian). DigiSport. 26 July 2018. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "Tricolorii mici s-au impus în Bosnia" [The Little Tricolours won in Bosnia] (in Romanian). CVL Press. 2 September 2017. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- "27 de jucători convocați pentru "dubla" cu Israel și Suedia" [27 players called-up for the "double" with Israel and Sweden] (in Romanian). Romanian Football Federation. 16 March 2018. Archived from the original on 17 March 2018. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "Man a debutat pentru naţională: "Nu mi-au tremurat genunchii, d-asta m-am apucat de fotbal!"" [Man made his debut for the national team: "My knees did not shake, that's why I started playing football!"] (in Romanian). Digi Sport. 27 March 2018. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Dennis Man a închis conturile în Malta, cu primul său gol în tricoul primei reprezentative „tricolore"" [Man closed the deal in Malta, with his first goal in the "tricolour" shirt] (in Romanian). Sport Arad. 11 June 2019. Retrieved 19 June 2019.
- "Germany 4–2 Romania". UEFA.com. 27 June 2019. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- "Cristi Man, tatăl lui Dennis: „Doar Roli Nagy e de vină!"" [Cristi Man, the father of Dennis: „It's only Roli Nagy's fault!”] (in Romanian). Special Arad. 21 October 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "Ianis Hagi și Dennis Man, incluși pe o listă selectă la Campionatul European de tineret" [Ianis Hagi și Dennis Man, included in an exclusivist list at the youth European Championship]. DigiSport. 17 June 2019. Retrieved 19 June 2019.
Cristian Man played at Divizia B (currently Liga II) level.
- Dennis Man at Soccerway. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- "Dennis Man". European Football. Retrieved 27 March 2018.