UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying Group F
Group F of UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying is one of the ten groups to decide which teams will qualify for the UEFA Euro 2020 finals tournament. Group F consists of six teams: Faroe Islands, Malta, Norway, Romania, Spain and Sweden, where they will play against each other home-and-away in a round-robin format.
The top two teams will qualify directly for the finals. Unlike previous editions, the participants of the play-offs will not be decided based on results from the qualifying group stage, but instead based on their performance in the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League.
|1||Spain||4||4||0||0||11||2||+9||12||Qualify for final tournament||—||3–0||18 Nov||2–1||15 Nov||8 Sep|
|2||Sweden (X)||4||2||1||1||8||7||+1||7[a]||15 Oct||—||2–1||8 Sep||3–0||18 Nov|
|3||Romania||4||2||1||1||11||5||+6||7[a]||5 Sep||15 Nov||—||15 Oct||8 Sep||4–1|
|4||Norway (X)||4||1||2||1||8||7||+1||5||12 Oct||3–3||2–2||—||5 Sep||15 Nov|
|5||Malta||4||1||0||3||2||10||−8||3||0–2||12 Oct||0–4||18 Nov||—||2–1|
|6||Faroe Islands||4||0||0||4||3||12||−9||0||1–4||5 Sep||12 Oct||0–2||15 Oct||—|
Rules for classification: Tiebreakers
(X) Assured of at least play-offs.
- Head-to-head points: Sweden 3, Romania 0.
The fixtures were released by UEFA the same day as the draw, which was held on 2 December 2018 in Dublin. Times are CET/CEST,[note 1] as listed by UEFA (local times, if different, are in parentheses).
There have been 43 goals scored in 12 matches, for an average of 3.58 goals per match (as of 10 June 2019).
1 own goal
A player is automatically suspended for the next match for the following offences:
- Receiving a red card (red card suspensions may be extended for serious offences)
- Receiving three yellow cards in three different matches, as well as after fifth and any subsequent yellow card (yellow card suspensions are carried forward to the play-offs, but not the finals or any other future international matches)
The following suspensions were (or will be) served during the qualifying matches:
|Team||Player||Offence(s)||Suspended for match(es)|
|Malta||Andrei Agius||vs Faroe Islands (23 March 2019)||vs Spain (26 March 2019)|
|Romania||Dragoș Grigore|| vs Sweden (23 March 2019)
vs Faroe Islands (26 March 2019)
vs Norway (7 June 2019)
|vs Malta (10 June 2019)|
|Romania||Alexandru Chipciu||vs Malta (10 June 2019)||vs Spain (5 September 2019)|
- "UEFA Euro 2020: Qualifying Draw Procedure" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 27 September 2018. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying draw made in Dublin". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Regulations of the UEFA European Football Championship 2018–20" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 9 March 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- "UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying schedule: all the fixtures". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "European Qualifiers 2018–20: Group stage fixture list" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Summary UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying – Group F". Soccerway. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- "European Championship 2020: Booking List before Qualifying Round Matchday 2" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 24 March 2019. Retrieved 24 March 2019.