UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying Group F
Group F of UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying is one of the ten groups to decide which teams will qualify for the UEFA Euro 2020 finals tournament. Group F consists of six teams: Faroe Islands, Malta, Norway, Romania, Spain and Sweden, where they will play against each other home-and-away in a round-robin format.
The top two teams will qualify directly for the finals. Unlike previous editions, the participants of the play-offs will not be decided based on results from the qualifying group stage, but instead based on their performance in the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League.
|1||Spain||6||6||0||0||17||3||+14||18||Qualify for final tournament||—||3–0||18 Nov||2–1||15 Nov||4–0|
|2||Sweden (X)||6||3||2||1||13||8||+5||11||15 Oct||—||2–1||1–1||3–0||18 Nov|
|3||Romania||6||3||1||2||13||7||+6||10||1–2||15 Nov||—||15 Oct||1–0||4–1|
|4||Norway (X)||6||2||3||1||11||8||+3||9||12 Oct||3–3||2–2||—||2–0||15 Nov|
|5||Malta (Z)||6||1||0||5||2||13||−11||3||0–2||12 Oct||0–4||18 Nov||—||2–1|
|6||Faroe Islands||6||0||0||6||3||20||−17||0||1–4||0–4||12 Oct||0–2||15 Oct||—|
The fixtures were released by UEFA the same day as the draw, which was held on 2 December 2018 in Dublin. Times are CET/CEST,[note 1] as listed by UEFA (local times, if different, are in parentheses).
There have been 59 goals scored in 18 matches, for an average of 3.28 goals per match (as of 8 September 2019).
1 own goal
A player is automatically suspended for the next match for the following offences:
- Receiving a red card (red card suspensions may be extended for serious offences)
- Receiving three yellow cards in three different matches, as well as after fifth and any subsequent yellow card (yellow card suspensions are carried forward to the play-offs, but not the finals or any other future international matches)
The following suspensions were (or will be) served during the qualifying matches:
|Team||Player||Offence(s)||Suspended for match(es)|
|Malta||Andrei Agius||vs Faroe Islands (23 March 2019)||vs Spain (26 March 2019)|
|Romania||Alexandru Chipciu||vs Malta (10 June 2019)||vs Spain (5 September 2019)|
|Romania||Dragoș Grigore|| vs Sweden (23 March 2019)
vs Faroe Islands (26 March 2019)
vs Norway (7 June 2019)
|vs Malta (10 June 2019)|
|Spain||Diego Llorente||vs Romania (5 September 2019)||vs Faroe Islands (8 September 2019)|
- "UEFA Euro 2020: Qualifying Draw Procedure" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 27 September 2018. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying draw made in Dublin". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Regulations of the UEFA European Football Championship 2018–20" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 9 March 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- "UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying schedule: all the fixtures". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "European Qualifiers 2018–20: Group stage fixture list" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 2 December 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "Summary UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying – Group F". Soccerway. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- "European Championship 2020: Booking List before Qualifying Round Matchday 2" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 24 March 2019. Retrieved 24 March 2019.