2019 Cuban constitutional referendum
A constitutional referendum is scheduled to take place in Cuba on 24 February 2019. Voters will be asked whether they approved of a new constitution passed by the National Assembly of People's Power in July 2018.
- The recognition of private property.
- The restoration of the position of Prime Minister of Cuba;
- The creation of a two consecutive five-year term limit for the presidency;
- Banning discrimination based on gender, ethnic origin, or disability;
- The creation of a presumption of innocence in the justice system.
- Cuba’s Reformed Constitution, a Democratic and Participatory Process Havana Times, 23 July 2018
- Cuba's new constitution paves way for same-sex marriage The Guardian, 23 July 2018
- Cuba to reshape government with new constitution The Washington Post, 14 July 2018
- Cuba sets out new constitutional reforms BBC News, 15 July 2018
- Communist-run Cuba to recognize private property in new constitution Reuters, 15 July 2018
- Cuba's New Constitution Will Recognize Private Property: Report Telesur, 15 July 2018