2018 Copa Libertadores Femenina
The 2018 Copa CONMEBOL Libertadores Femenina was the tenth edition of the CONMEBOL Libertadores Femenina (also referred to as the Copa Libertadores Femenina), South America's premier women's club football tournament organized by CONMEBOL. The tournament was held in Manaus, Brazil from 18 November to 2 December 2018.
|Copa CONMEBOL Libertadores Femenina|
|Dates||18 November – 2 December 2018|
|Teams||12 (from 10 associations)|
|Venue(s)||2 (in 1 host city)|
|Champions||Atlético Huila (1st title)|
|Goals scored||69 (3.14 per match)|
|Top scorer(s)||Brena (4 goals)|
Originally planned from 4 to 18 November the tournament was pushed back two weeks because of the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup qualification CONCACAF–CONMEBOL play-off which fell in the time frame.
There were eventually three bids for the 2018 Copa Libertadores Femenina: Manaus, Santa Cruz de la Sierra and São Paulo proposed by Iranduba, Deportivo ITA and Corinthians, respectively. On 11 June 2018, CONMEBOL announced that the tournament would be held in Manaus and Iranduba gained the host association additional berth.
The competition was contested by 12 teams: the champions of all ten CONMEBOL associations were given one entry, additionally the title holders re-entered and the host association qualified one more team.
Initially two stadiums (Estádio Ismael Benigno and Arena da Amazônia) would host the tournament. On 14 November 2018, CONMEBOL announced that the Estádio Ismael Benigno would no longer host matches, and matches originally to be played there would be moved to Arena da Amazônia. During the tournament, CONMEBOL decided to move the matches scheduled on 25 and 26 November at Estádio Roberto Simonsen to protect the football field of Arena da Amazônia.
Matches were played in Manaus. The stadiums were:
The draw for the tournament was held on 7 November 2018 (originally scheduled on 3 November), 19:00 AMT (UTC−4), at the Arena da Amazônia in Manaus. The 12 teams were drawn into three groups of four containing a team from each of the four pots. The defending champions Audax were automatically seeded into Pot 1 and allocated to position A1 in the group stage. For the remaining two teams from hosts Brazil, the first representative was seeded into Pot 2 and the second representative was seeded into Pot 4. The remaining teams were seeded based on the results of their association in the 2017 Copa Libertadores Femenina. Teams from the same association could not be drawn into the same group.
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3||Pot 4|
In the group stage, the teams were ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss). If tied on points, tiebreakers would be applied in the following order (Regulations Article 20):
- Goal difference;
- Goals scored;
- Head-to-head result in games between tied teams;
- Number of red cards;
- Number of yellow cards;
- Drawing of lots.
The winners of each group and the best runners-up among all groups advanced to the semi-finals.
|Unión Española||1–3||Atlético Huila|
|3||JC Sport Girls||3||1||0||2||3||10||−7||3|
|JC Sport Girls||3–2||Deportivo ITA|
|Colo-Colo||5–0||JC Sport Girls|
|Santos||3–0||JC Sport Girls|
|3||Flor de Patria||3||1||0||2||4||3||+1||3|
|UAI Urquiza||1–1||Cerro Porteño|
|Flor de Patria||1–2||Iranduba|
|UAI Urquiza||1–0||Flor de Patria|
|Cerro Porteño||0–3||Flor de Patria|
Ranking of group runners-upEdit
The semi-final matchups were:
- Group A winner vs. Group C winner
- Group B winner vs. Best runner-up
The semi-final winners and losers played in the final and third place match respectively. If tied after full time, extra time would not be played, and the penalty shoot-out would be used to determine the winner (Regulations Article 23).
|29 November – Arena da Amazônia|
|2 December – Arena da Amazônia|
|29 November – Arena da Amazônia|
|Atlético Huila (p)||1 (5)|
|Atlético Huila (p)||1 (3)|
|2 December – Arena da Amazônia|
|Iranduba (p)||1 (2)|
Third place matchEdit
- "Cambio de fecha para la CONMEBOL Libertadores Femenina" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL. 15 July 2018.
- "Las chicas del Huila, campeonas de América" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL. 2 December 2018.
- "Disputa por sede da Libertadores feminina fica entre Corinthians e Iranduba no Brasil" (in Portuguese). Globo. 22 May 2018.
- "CONMEBOL Libertadores Femenina 2018 se disputará en noviembre en Manaus" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL. 11 June 2018.
- "Iranduba vence disputa, ganha vaga e será sede da Libertadores feminina 2018" (in Portuguese). Globo. 11 June 2018.
- "CONMEBOL Libertadores Femenina Brasil 2018. Reglamento" (PDF) (in Spanish). CONMEBOL.
- "Fútbol femenino: UAI Urquiza aplastó a Boca, se consagró campeón y logró un pasaje a la Copa Libertadores" (in Spanish). Infobae. 8 July 2018.
- "Deportivo ITA bicampeón del Campeonato Nacional Boliviano" (in Spanish). Fémina Fútbol. 10 October 2018.
- "Corinthians anuncia fim da parceria com Audax e terá time feminino próprio em 2018" (in Portuguese). Globo. 5 December 2017.
- "Regulamento Específico da Competição Campeonato Brasileiro Feminino A-1 2017" (PDF) (in Portuguese). CBF.
- "Santos volta a vencer Corinthians e leva título do Brasileiro feminino" (in Portuguese). Gazeta Esportiva. 20 July 2017.
- "¡Celebración por duplicado! Colo Colo femenino derrotó a Santiago Morning y bajó la 13" (in Spanish). DaleAlbo. 9 December 2017. Archived from the original on 10 December 2017. Retrieved 10 December 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Atlético Huila, el nuevo campeón de la Liga Femenina" (in Spanish). El Tiempo. 31 May 2018.
- "Unión Española se coronó campeón nacional femenino y jugará la Copa Libertadores" (in Spanish). El Comercio. 23 September 2018.
- "Doble festejo cerrista" (in Spanish). ABC Color. 19 November 2017.
- "JC SPORTS GIRLS SE CONSAGRÓ CAMPEÓN DEL TORNEO NACIONAL DE FÚTBOL FEMENINO" (in Spanish). FPF. 16 December 2017.
- "Femenino – Peñarol campeón uruguayo" (in Spanish). AUF. 19 December 2017.
- "Flor de Patria FC participará en la Copa Libertadores Femenina 2018" (in Spanish). FVF. 3 September 2018.
- "Tabela da Libertadores feminina é alterada e Arena AM receberá todos os 22 jogos em 15 dias" (in Portuguese). Globo. 14 November 2018.
- "Duas rodadas duplas da Libertadores feminina passam da Arena AM para o estádio do Sesi" (in Portuguese). Globo. 22 November 2018.
- "El 3 de noviembre se sortea la CONMEBOL Libertadores Femenina". CONMEBOL. 29 October 2018.
- "Cambio de fecha del sorteo de la CONMEBOL Libertadores Femenina". CONMEBOL. 2 November 2018.
- "La CONMEBOL Libertadores Femenina definió sus grupos". CONMEBOL. 7 November 2018.
- "Calendario de partidos" (PDF). CONMEBOL.