Yeh Hai Chahatein
Yeh Hai Chahatein (transl. This is desired love) is an Indian drama television series produced by Ekta Kapoor for Star Plus. It premiered on 19 December 2019, and is a spin-off of the series Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. It stars Sargun Kaur Luthra and Abrar Qazi.
|Yeh Hai Chahatein|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Written by||Dheeraj Sarna|
|Screenplay by||Shilpa Jathar|
|Story by||Anil Nagpal|
|Directed by||Neeraj Baliyan |
|Creative director||Shivangi Babbar|
|Starring||Sargun Kaur Luthra|
|Theme music composer||Lalit Sen|
|Opening theme||Yeh Hai Chahatein|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||269|
|Editors||Vikas Sharma |
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||19 December 2019 –|
|Related shows||Yeh Hai Mohabbatein|
Set in Delhi, gynaecologist Preesha Srinivasan is raising her nephew, Saaransh, as a single mother, after her sister, Mahima, dies during childbirth. Saaransh is a fan of Rudraksh Khurana, a rockstar, who doesn't believe in love and is detested by Preesha.
Yuvraj fakes being in love with Preesha to be promoted as a judge by Gopal. After finding out that Saraansh is Rudraksh's nephew, Rajeev's son, Yuvraj blackmails him for money. On Preesha's and Yuvraj's wedding day, Yuvraj leaves the marriage and kills Rajeev who had learned the truth about Saaransh. Preesha takes the murder blame on herself while Rudraksh vows revenge. He learns that Saaransh is Rajeev's son and believes that Preesha is Saaransh's real mother and Rajeev's ex-lover.
Yuvraj, who gets the promotion, sentences Preesha to be hanged after being bribed by Rudraksh. After learning that Saraansh will get 50 lakhs per month till he reaches the age of 21, as planned by Rajeev, Yuvraj decides to legally adopt Saaransh to have a luxurious future by marrying Preesha. On their wedding day, Rudraksh takes Yuvraj's place and marries Preesha to get full custody of Saraansh as revenge and his brother's last wish. Preesha thinks of the well being of her son and hands Saraansh's full custody to Rudraksh. Preesha is proved innocent with the help of her father and agrees to stay in the Khurana house for Saaransh. To stop the child care department from taking Saaransh, Rudraksh and Preesha act as a happy couple.
Yuvraj joins hands with Rahul to ruin Rudraksh unaware that Preesha is close friends with Neerja. Rudraksh understands his feelings for Preesha but fails to express them. Rahul creates a misunderstanding between Rudrakash and Preesha but due to his love for Preesha, Rudraksh struggles to keep her away. Seeing Neerja trying to aid Preesha in proving her innocence, Yuvraj plots to kill her but instead Neerja slips into a coma.
Rudraksh and Keerti, Rudraksh's new co-singer, leave for a concert with the family where he tries to make Preesha jealous of her. After Keerti is found dead, the families DNA samples are taken and Sharda confesses her connection with Keerti, clearing that she had tried to save Keerti from dying but could not save her. Rudrakash discovers that Preesha isn't Saaransh's biological mother and, despite their attempt, Sharda is arrested. However, Rudraksh finds a video which proves Sharda innocent. Neerja awakes from her coma and Rahul confesses his evil deeds. Rudraksh scolds Rahul and goes after Preesha, apologising and confessing his love to her.
Mahima is revealed to be alive with the secret intention of taking Saaransh and receiving his trust fund. Saaransh however refuses to accept Mahima as his mother. While attempting to steal money to get rid of Mahima, Saaransh falls from the window and is admitted to hospital where Mahima reveals the truth about Saaransh and her relation with the Khuranas. Balraj regrets his actions and accepts Saaransh.
After Saaransh recovers, Mahima files a custody case and wins his custody. Preesha learns Mahima had lied about her past and works with Rudraksh and Yuvraj to expose her. She pretends to betray Rudraksh and fakes her marriage with Yuvraj while Rudraksh pretends to marry Mahima just to stop her from leaving with Saaransh. Preesha confesses her love to Rudraksh whilst the couple work together to expose Mahima. However, Mahima finds out about their plan through Yuvraj and continuously destroys the evidence against her. She switches Rudraksh with a doppelganger, Bhuvan, in the hopes of ruining the Khurana family. In the process Balraj learns the truth and is murdered by Mahima and Bhuvan just as Rudraksh returns who is arrested. Although, Ahana hates Preesha she teams up with her to expose the doppelganger and Mahima after Mahima takes over the position of MD of Khurana Empire which she thinks belongs to her. Having succeeded in catching Bhuvan and exposing Mahima, Rudraksh is released but Mahima escapes and kidnaps Saaransh.
- Sargun Kaur Luthra as Dr. Preesha Srinivasan Khurana: Gynecologist Vasudha and Gopal's younger daughter; Mahima's younger sister; Saransh's adoptive mother; Rudraksh's wife; Yuvraj's former fiancée. She is kind-hearted and hard-working and raises her maternal nephew, Saransh after her sister was presumed to be dead. (2019–present)
- Abrar Qazi as Rudraksh Khurana: A famous rockstar and Sakshi and Balraj's son; Rajeev's younger brother; Sharda's stepson; Preesha's husband; Saransh's adoptive father. (2019-present)/Bhuvan Garg: Rudraksh's lookalike (2021)
- Vidhan Sharma replaced Yagya Bhasin as Saransh Khurana: Mahima and Rajeev's biological son; Preesha and Rudraksh's adopted son. (2019-2020) /(2020–present)
- Aishwarya Khare as Mahima Srinivasan: Vasudha and Gopal's daughter; Preesha's elder sister; Rajeev's lover; Saransh's biological mother (2019–present)
- Siddharth Shivpuri as Advocate Yuvraj Pillai: Gopal's employee; Preesha's former fiancé, Rajeev's killer who wants to adopt Saransh for the trust fund left by Rajeev (2019-present)
- Aishwarya Sakhuja as Ahana Singhania: Niketan's daughter; Mishka's elder sister; Rajeev's widow; Saransh's stepmother (2019–present)
- Vijay Kashyap/Gulshan Pandey as Gopal Krishnan "GPS" Srinivasan: Vasudha's husband; Mahima and Preesha's father (2019–2020)/(2020–present)
- Indira Krishnan as Vasudha Srinivasan: Gopal's wife; Preesha and Mahima's mother (2019–present)
- Indraneil Sengupta as Rajeev Khurana: Sakshi and Balraj's elder son; Sharda's step-son; Rudraksh's elder brother; Mahima's former lover; Saransh's biological father; Ahana's husband (2019–2020) Dead
- Satyajit Sharma as Balraj Khurana: Sakshi's widower and Sharda's husband; Rajeev and Rudraksh's father; Sharda's husband whom he married only for the sake of his sons (2019–2021) Dead
- Dolly Sohi as Sakshi Khurana: Rajeev and Rudraksh's mother, Balraj's beloved first wife who is presumed to be dead in an accident (2019)
- Mallika Nayak as Sharda Khurana: Balraj's widow; Rajeev and Rudraksh's stepmother (2019–present)
- Tanu Khan as Mishka "Mish" Singhania: Niketan's daughter; Ahana's younger sister, Rudraksh's former fiancé (2019–present)
- Bikramjeet Kanwarpal as Niketan Singhania: Ahana and Mishka's father, he is a business man and also a business partner in the Khurrana company who is later revealed to be a cross-dresser (2019–2020)
- Nitin Bhatia as Bunty: Rudraksh's best friend; lover and later husband of Bubbles (2019–present)
- Jyotin Negi as Bubbles: Preesha’s best friend who falls for Bunty and marries him (2019-present)
- Katie Iqbal as Kaveri Dubey: Surya's girlfriend who accuses Rudraksh of fathering her child which in fact is her boyfriend's child (2019)
- Rupesh Kataria as Surya Raina: Kaveri's boyfriend (2019)
- Shabaaz Abdullah Badi as Arjun Verma: Mahima’s former boyfriend and fiancé (2020-2021)
- Melanie Pais as Neerja Arora: Preesha's friend and patient; Rahul's wife (2020)
- Upen Chauhan as Rahul Arora: Neerja's husband; Rudraksh's former enemy turned friend (2020)
- Priyanka Chaudhary as Keerti "Kittu" Jain: Kusum's daughter; Sharda's best friend; formerly a singer (2020)
Development and premiereEdit
In June 2017, producer Ekta Kapoor revealed that she had plans for a spin-off of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein however stated, "I wanted to make a spin off of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein but it’s not working out with the story line." The reports of the spin-off in making was then announced in April 2018. It was supposed to premiere in the same year but was delayed as the story was not finalized. Then, it was reported to premiere in June 2019 and the casting for it was going on while Aakanksha Singh and Karan Vohra were reported as the leads. But it was scrapped in July 2019. In September 2019, the series was revived and fresh casting sessions began. Sargun Kaur Luthra was cast as Dr. Preesha Srinivasan and Abrar Qazi was cast as Rudraksh Khurana. Talking about the series, producer Ekta Kapoor said Yeh Hai Chahatein deals with another social issue. It’s often said that it’s easier for men with children to get married again, but very tough for a woman with a child to find a suitable groom."
The first promo of the series was released on 27 November 2019 where Sargun Kaur Luthra and Vidhaan Sharma were introduced by Divyanka Tripathi and Karan Patel as Dr. Preesha Srinivasan and Saransh Khurana. The next promo was released on 16 December 2019 featuring Abrar Qazi, Sargun Kaur Luthra and Vidhaan Sharma.
Sargun Kaur Luthra was selected to play Dr. Preesha Srinivasan's character. Karan Wahi was approached to play Rudraksh Khurana, but Abrar Qazi was signed by the makers. Zebby Singh was in talks for playing Yuvraj Pillai before the role went to Siddharth Shivpuri. Supposed to play Ahana in the show was Parul Chauhan, but Aishwarya Sakhuja replaced her. When the shooting resumed after forced break owing to COVID-19 outbreak, in early July 2020 Vidhaan Sharma was replaced by Yagya Bhasin as Saaransh and Gulshan Pandey replaced Vijay Kashyap as Gopal.
Sargun Kaur Luthra stated that she took inspiration from Neena Gupta for her role. Talking about playing a mother for the first time, she said, “When I was told that I will be playing a mother, I wasn’t apprehensive at all. My only worry was that i am very young and I had to look mature on the screen which was a challenge. The team has helped me a lot to help me look a certain age and moreover with my body language to portray this character. Even Vidhaan (my on-screen son), has helped bring out the best in me. More than mother-son, we are like friends off the screen.”
Aishwarya Sakhuja was roped to play the negative role of Ahana which is her first negative role. Speaking about it she said, "I have auditioned for a lot of Balaji shows and whenever I auditioned for negative roles I was told I look very positive. So, when I bagged this role, I asked them why now? They said eventually you will get to know as to why we have chosen you, and I understand because they like to surprise their audience and that's exactly what they are doing. I was figuring how to go about it, but my team is helping. After every two sentences out of habit, I go into the positive zone but I have people to handhold me and help me,"
The production and airing of the show was halted indefinitely in late March 2020 due to the COVID-19 outbreak in India. The series was expected to resume on 1 April 2020 but could not and the series was last broadcast on 24 March 2020 airing its remaining episodes. After three months, the filming of the series resumed on 27 June 2020 while the broadcast resumed on 13 July 2020.
In week 3 of 2020, it occupied twentieth position with 3.70 million impressions in Hindi GEC urban. In week 9, it garnered 4.52 million impressions occupying fifteenth position in urban Hindi GEC. In week 46, it became the fifth most watched Hindi GEC in urban with 5.04 million impressions for the first time.
The first episode of the show in its debut week was watched by 52.7 K viewers being the most watched Indian television show in UK on the day.The show again became the most watched on 16 January 2020 with 76.5K viewers.The show became the most watched show with 61.5 K viewers on 6 March 2020. On 18 August 2020, it became the most watched show with the viewership of 70.1 K. It become second most watched show on 4 December 2020 with 71.6 K viewers. The series crossed 100 K viewers for the first time on 25 January 2021 with 105.1 K viewers being the second most watched show.
|Yeh Hai Chahatein|
Original Sound Track
|Soundtrack album by |
Lalit Sen and Nawab Arzoo
|Released||19 December 2019|
Yeh Hai Chahatein's soundtrack is composed by Lalit Sen and Nawab Arzoo. They had composed the original songs and the background score for the show. Kabhi Kam Na Hongi Yeh Chahatein, the opening theme of the show sung by Pamela Jain, is taken from the title song of its parent show, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein and used as a background score of the show. Yeh Hai Chahatein, the title song of the show is sung by Palak Muchhal and Siddharth Slathia.
|1.||"Yeh Hai Chahatein" (Male)||Siddharth Slathia||3:00|
|2.||"Yeh Hai Chahatein (Version 2)" (Male)||Siddharth Slathia||2:31|
|3.||"Yeh Hai Chahatein (Version 3)" (Male)||Siddharth Slathia||1:41|
|4.||"Yeh Hai Chahatein" (Female)||Palak Muchhal||1:42|
|5.||"Yeh Hai Chahatein" (Duet)||Siddhath Slathia |
|6.||"Yeh Hai Chahatein" (Sad)||Pamela Jain||1:35|
|7.||"Rishtey Apne Pan Ke" (Male)||Siddharth Slathia||2:21|
|8.||"Rishtey Apne Pan Ke (Version 2)" (Male)||Siddharth Slathia||1:58|
|9.||"Rishtey Apne Pan Ke" (Female)||Pamela Jain||1:00|
|10.||"Will You Marry Me"||Siddharth Slathia||2:34|
- "Divyanka Tripathi introduces characters from Yeh Hai Chahatein". India Today.
- "Yeh Hai Mohabattein's spin-off Ye Hai Chahatein to launch on December 19". Indian Express.
- "Yeh Hai Mohabbatein to go off air, Sargun Kaur, Abrar Qazi to star in spin-off Yeh Hai Chahatein". Hindustan Times.
- "Karan Patel and Divyanka Tripathi to be seen in Yeh Hai Chahatein". India Today.
- "Kundali Bhagya: Ekta Kapoor reveals the reason behind doing a spinoff of Kumkum Bhagya". The Times of India.
- "Yeh Hai Mohabbatein to get a spin-off Yeh Hai Chahatein; Shoot to begin in June". Times Of India.
- "Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, featuring Divyanka Tripathi & Karan Patel, likely to get its spin-off; Ekta Kapoor looking for new faces". DB Post.
- "Here's when 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' spin off 'Yeh Hai Chahatein' to go on floors!". ABP Live.
- "Spin-off is off". Tribune India.
- "'Yeh Hai Chahatein': THIS Popular Actor To Play Male LEAD In 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' SPIN-OFF?". ABP Live.
- "Not Karan Wahi, but Abrar Qazi to play the hero in 'Yeh Hai Chahatein' – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Ekta Kapoor bids adieu to Yeh Hai Mohabbatein; introduces Ishima's niece in spin-off Yeh Hai Chahtein". Times Of India.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein promo: Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel introduce Prisha from Yeh Hai Mohabbatein spin-off". Times Now News. 27 November 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein promo alert: Trisha and Rudraksh get into a banter; show to go on-air on this date". Times Of India.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein: Sargun Kaur Luthra shares her first look as Dr Prisha Srinivasan". India Today.
- Raj, Baddhan. "Abrar Qazi replaces Karan Wahi in 'YHM' spin-off series". BizAsia.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein: Siddharth Shivpuri To Play Negative Lead; Replaces Zebby Singh In 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' Spin-Off!". ABPLive.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein: Yeh Rishta Actress Parul OUT Of Show, Aishwarya To Play MAIN Vamp?". ABPLive.
- "Child Artist Replacement in Yeh Hai Chahatein TV Show". Times Now.
- "Sargun Kaur takes inspiration from Neena Gupta for 'Yeh Hai Chahatein'". The Times Of India.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein: Sargun Kaur Luthra OPENS UP On Playing Single Mother In 'YHM' Spin-off". ABP Live. Retrieved 23 December 2019.
- "Aishwarya Sakhuja to play a negative role for the first time in the show". India Today.
- "Yeh Hai Chahatein's shoot cancelled due to excessive rains in Mumbai; actress Aishwarya Sakhuja returns halfway from her route". The Times of India.
- "Television Industry in a Slump With the Lockdown". The Quint.
- "Coronavirus outbreak: Film and television shootings to stop till March 31". India Today.
- "COVID-19 impact: TV industry braces for loss as production stalled". Live Mint.
- "Entertainment industry welcomes Maharashtra govts move to resume filming projects". Outlook India.
- "Television shoots resume with COVID-19 precautionary measures; here are the shows which are back on track". Daily News and Analysis.
- "Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2: After Karan Singh Grover, Another Actor To Get REPLACED In Parth Samthaan & Erica Fernandes' Show". ABP News.
- "Rashmi Prabhakar to play Raaga in Manasella Neene". The Times of India.
- "Team Manasella Neene is super excited about the serial's new release date". The Times of India.
- "Most watched Indian TV shows: Kundali Bhagya tops the TRP chart". The Indian Express.
- "Most watched Indian TV shows: Kundali Bhagya maintains its position in TRP list". The Indian Express.
- "Imlie opens to big numbers, Anupamaa continues to top TRP list". The Indian Express.
- "WEEK 46 - DATA: Saturday, 14th November 2020 To Friday, 20th November 2020". BARC India.
- "TV Rating War sees new show Imlie and Ekta Kapoor's Yeh Hai Chahatein enter Top 5". India Today. Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- "Overnights: 'Yeh Hai Chahatein' debuts at No.1 in UK on Thursday". Biz Asia. 20 December 2019.
- "Overnights: Star Plus rules on Wednesday with 'Yeh Hai Chahatein' in UK". Biz Asia. 16 January 2020.
- "Overnights: Star Plus returns to top on Friday in UK". Biz Asia. Retrieved 13 December 2020.
- "Overnights: 'Yeh Hai Chahatein' boosts Star Plus at No.1 on Monday in UK". Biz Asia.
- "Overnights: 'Anupamaa' & 'Yeh Hai Chahatein' give lead to Star Plus in UK". Biz Asia. 5 December 2020.
- "Overnights: Utsav Plus impresses at No.1 on Monday in UK". Biz Asia. Retrieved 1 February 2021.