Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/November 10
- 1865 – Henry Wirz, the Confederate superintendent of Andersonville Prison, was hanged after a controversial conviction, becoming the only American Civil War soldier executed for war crimes.
- 1945 – Indonesian National Revolution: Following the killing of British officer Brigadier A. W. S. Mallaby a few weeks earlier, British forces retaliated by attacking Surabaya.
- 1969 – The children's television series Sesame Street (puppeteer Caroll Spinney pictured) premiered in the United States.
- 1975 – SS Edmund Fitzgerald, the largest ship on North America's Great Lakes, sank in Lake Superior with the loss of 29 lives.
- 2009 – Ships of the South Korean and North Korean navies skirmished off Daecheong Island in the Yellow Sea.