|End of 2013 Celebration and Meeting|
|The End of 2013 Celebration and 2014 Kickoff Party will be a large-scale meetup of all interested Wikimedians from the New England area. We will socialize; review regional events of 2013; look ahead to regional events of 2014; and discuss the possible formalization of our community (i.e., a chapter).|
- Live meeting notes at http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/boston-wpday-2014
2013 was a banner year for the New England Wikimedians, which has, as of December 30th, officially become a Wikipedia User Group!
Come and celebrate our successes in 2013 and help us plan future events for the year ahead. Organizers of the many edit-a-thons, hackathons, and other Wikipedia events held in New England this past year will be on hand to re-cap their experiences. We will take a quick look at some larger Wikimedia initiatives and discuss how we might participate as a distinct user group. We will ask for input on and volunteers for a tentative list of events and meetings during the 2014 calendar year. Finally, we will update everyone on our goal of creating an official Wikimedia chapter in late 2014.
There will be food and drink! There will be music! Let's get this year started off right. We highly encourage new editors or those who may never have attended one of our events to come to this meeting. Among other things, we will discuss how to incorporate those of us outside of the immediate Boston Metro area into regular New England Wikimedian plans and efforts.
- Happy Wikipedia Day!
- We're officially a user group!
- What awesome things did we do in 2013? Organizers will give brief presentations of the various events and initiatives held this year.
- What can we expect to do in 2014? Review of a tentative list of events, plus standardization of "regular" organizational meetings.
- How can we get those outside of Metro Boston more involved?
- What should we be thinking about as far as creating a Wiki Chapter?
- Is it time to form an incorporation committee, or something like that? Draft by-laws have been kicking around for months.
- Participation in WikiConference USA in NYC on May 30 - June 1
- (Add your idea here)
To be developed with the help of the live collaborative etherpad at http://notes.wikimediadc.org/p/NE
You can also sign up off-wiki at our Meetup.com event page.
- Kevin Rutherford (talk) 21:51, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Girona7 (talk) 22:03, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Kirill [talk] 22:25, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Reify-tech (talk) 04:43, 31 December 2013 (UTC)
- Pharos (talk) 01:58, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
- Nick Kline (talk) 23:40, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- Nonantum (talk) 12:04, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- Grumpycraig (talk) 13:09, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- GorillaWarfare (talk) 17:46, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- – SJ + 19:11, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- LFaraone 20:57, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
- DanielRenfro 01:03, 6 January 2014 (UTC) — Looking forward to it!
- Protonk (talk) 17:16, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
- Victor•talk 12:40, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- OR drohowa (talk) 22:24, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- Erodley (talk) 16:38, 16 January 2014 (UTC) I made it!
- P64 (talk) 21:50, 16 January 2014 (UTC)
- Paul (User:Lpgeffen) (talk) 16:25, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
- Pi.1415926535 (talk) 19:06, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
- Elizabeth Thomsen (talk) 22:04, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
- EdJohnston (talk) 19:22, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
- Esietukeme (talk) 21:21, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
- Samir Luther (talk) 20:03, 18 January 2014 (EDT)
- (new accounts created: 2)
- Tim Pierce (talk) The same weekend as Arisia. I will attend if I can make arrangements for my kids who will be at the convention. :-)
- --Aude (talk) 20:18, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
- Jed 20012 (talk) 04:00, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
- agr (talk) 01:29, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
Unable to attend, but wish to be informed about future meetupsEdit
- JNW (talk) 23:30, 3 January 2014 (UTC) Not only too ornery to attend, but work in NYC on the weekend.
- Thespian (talk) 04:43, 4 January 2014 (UTC) I don't have time to do this during Arisia
- Newyorkbrad (talk) 19:25, 4 January 2014 (UTC) Unfortunately I have a scheduling conflict on this date.
- Briancua (talk) 02:36, 6 January 2014 (UTC), Can't make this one, but please keep me in the loop.
- Achowat (talk) 12:34, 6 January 2014 (UTC) Got a Bachelor Party that day, but keep me posted.
- C. Scott Ananian (talk) 22:28, 8 January 2014 (UTC) This is scheduled for mystery hunt weekend, I will be hunting.
- Antony–22 (talk⁄contribs) 22:11, 10 January 2014 (UTC) Bad timing—this is the weekend that I'm permanently moving out of Boston!
- Achowat (talk) 07:58, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- Magic Sands (talk) 20:54, 3 January 2014 (UTC) (late-breaking announcement, about an hour before the meeting begins: Magic Sands must switch to "No" on account of snow)
- CaribDigita (talk) 21:31, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
Would be interested in attending remotely via Google Hangout or similarEdit
- Alas, as much as I'd like to, it would be prohibitively expensive for me to fly into Boston for the weekend. Sven Manguard Wha? 04:36, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- Was going to put in the Maybe section, but this seems more suitable. I would love to attend, but Boston is one hell of a drive from my residence. Let me know if there will be a Google Hangouts group and I'll definitely hop in! --A Wild Abigail Appears! Capture me. Moves. 05:19, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- Thewellman (talk) 05:40, 4 January 2014 (UTC) Thank you for inviting me; but, until next month, chemotherapy-induced immunosuppression will restrict me to electronic communication.