My 10 archives are subpages of my talk page. Most recent archive - User talk:SL93/Archive 10. If you have an issue with me not promoting your DYK image hook, please understand that there is only one image hook per prep area and many people want their images promoted. If you still have an issue with that, please take it to the DYK talk page and not my talk page.
DYK for Day of Reckoning (2016 film)Edit
DYK nomination of Isol-AidEdit
Hello! Your submission of Isol-Aid at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) at your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! lullabying (talk) 07:38, 11 September 2021 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Pierson, IowaEdit
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article Pierson, Iowa you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of SounderBruce -- SounderBruce (talk) 19:40, 13 September 2021 (UTC)
DYK for MaungwudausEdit
Janko de Beer, which you submitted to Articles for creation, has been created.Edit
I recently noticed that a topic I created more than a year ago, now got deleted. Can you please help with this? A lot of research went into the topic at the time based on valued and reputable sources. I still believe that the topic adds value to Wikipedia's goals and mission.
Please assist me with the restoration thereof, if more editing needs to be done I am open to all suggestions.
Best regards, Annie
Your submission at Articles for creation: Janko de Beer has been accepted AFC-Logo.svgJanko de Beer, which you submitted to Articles for creation, has been created. Congratulations, and thank you for helping expand the scope of Wikipedia! We hope you will continue making quality contributions.
The article has been assessed as C-Class, which is recorded on its talk page. This is a great rating for a new article, and places it among the top 18% of accepted submissions — kudos to you! You may like to take a look at the grading scheme to see how you can improve the article.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to ask at the help desk. Once you have made at least 10 edits and had an account for at least four days, you will have the option to create articles yourself without posting a request to Articles for creation.
If you would like to help us improve this process, please consider leaving us some feedback.
Thanks again, and happy editing!
SL93 (talk) 15:27, 18 September 2020 (UTC)
I know its been over two months, but I've just completely forgot to reach out. I have a question about why my submission was declined. The reasoning was because my sources were found to be unreliable. My question is why are they unreliable? The major source that the article cites is part of an 8 volume encyclopedic archive of dominican art history written by a well known dominican painter and art historian. For easier referencing, the ISBN is 978-99934-913-1-6. I'm curious as to what is unreliable? The other two sources cited were from a reputable news source and a book about a comparative study between caribbean cities (ISBN: 978-607-9275-36-5 for referencing). Thanks,
- @Fatlady903: That wasn't the decline reason. It was "This submission is not adequately supported by reliable sources". I will approve it if you can add citations to the last paragraph. SL93 (talk) 05:17, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
Ah, okay now I understand. I've added the proper citations and resubmitted it just now. Also this is my first time interacting with a talk page so I don't know if I am replying to your message right. Let me know if there are any other drawbacks in the article. Thank you.
Hey SL93, I'm sure you've been around at DYK much longer than I have, but I was told (and my experience has borne out) to leave a couple of slots in the last prep set open just in case a special occasion hook needs to be kicked in at the last second (or if an image slot hook has a copyright problem and needs to be moved out), and since it's easier to build whole prep sets at a time, i usually just leave the last prep set blank. I'm open to other reasoning, though—how do you want to approach this? theleekycauldron (talk • contribs) (they/them) 00:38, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
- Theleekycauldron I only filled it because the queues are in a backlog and we should be moving back to two a day soon per the DYK talk page. There is no need to do anything. SL93 (talk) 00:50, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
- we're back to 120 already? oh boy, that won't be fun for the admins. theleekycauldron (talk • contribs) (they/them) 00:56, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
- Theleekycauldron It was at 121 and now at 119. The person who brought it up didn't ping any admins. I was about to, but I'm not sure who to ping. SL93 (talk) 00:58, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
- we're back to 120 already? oh boy, that won't be fun for the admins. theleekycauldron (talk • contribs) (they/them) 00:56, 18 September 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Problema bulentaEdit
DYK for Isol-AidEdit
DYK for Great Dover Street womanEdit
DYK for Jacquelyn ReingoldEdit
Your GA nomination of Pierson, IowaEdit
The article Pierson, Iowa you nominated as a good article has failed ; see Talk:Pierson, Iowa for reasons why the nomination failed. If or when these points have been taken care of, you may apply for a new nomination of the article. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of SounderBruce -- SounderBruce (talk) 01:21, 24 September 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Carol K. MackEdit
Hi I just submitted my article for the second time with added references from published sources like newspapers and e magazines.Yet the draft wasn't accepted. There were few citations too but my draft isn't passable yet. Can you kindly help me understand what's gone wrong again? I really need assistance in this to make my article accepted in wiki. can you help. my kind regards. Thank you.
- @Mivida2021: The article is almost completely unreferenced. SL93 (talk) 14:22, 26 September 2021 (UTC)
- Breakdown of the sources -
- The first source only has "Canadian Chamber of Commerce: www.cancham.org.eg"
- The second source is a press release so it is an unreliable source.
- The third source only has one sentence of coverage about the organization in a three sentence article.
- The fourth source is workable.
- The fifth source only mentions the organization for a few sentences.
- The sixth source is a home page.
- The seventh source is a home page.
- The eighth source is workable.
- The ninth source doesn't have significant coverage of the organization. SL93 (talk) 14:22, 26 September 2021 (UTC)
- Add at least one more source with significant coverage (companies and organizations are held to a higher standard for references that have significant coverage), source the article correctly, and remove all promotional language - "located in the heart of Cairo", "majorly working", "defined achievements", "They believe in the development of small businesses", etc. SL93 (talk) 14:22, 26 September 2021 (UTC)
Thank you. This is made clear. I will work on it. I have resubmitted it with another reliable source i could find. Not sure if you could look into it. but if possible can you say if the edit is fine to be passable. Would really appreciate if you could guide a bit further if possible. Thanks in advance. Mivida2021 (talk)
Hi SL93. I'm not sure if my previous message had reached you. I thank you for your time in helping me understand why the article wasn't passable. I ve already sourced out a new article and have made changes to the draft. I have re submitted it. I am not sure if you could look into it. please let me know if the article is passable. I would really appreciate if you could advise me on this. Thanks in advance.
October 2021 at Women in RedEdit
|Women in Red | October 2021, Volume 7, Issue 10, Numbers 184, 188, 209, 210, 211
DYK for Wickiup HillEdit
DYK nomination of O. Kay HendersonEdit
Hello! Your submission of O. Kay Henderson at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) at your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! —Bagumba (talk) 08:16, 3 October 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Iowa Authors and Their WorksEdit
DYK for Wapsipinicon AlmanacEdit
|Thank you for working through some of the AfC submissions! S0091 (talk) 00:40, 7 October 2021 (UTC)|
- @S0091: You're welcome. I'm doing what I can. The backlog is insane. SL93 (talk) 00:45, 7 October 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Catharine BrantEdit
really sorry dude. I'm so serious on royalty AfDs. That's why. pls forgive me. You are a good editor and promoted many GA articles. Keep up your great works. I'm still a minor. Sorry. VocalIndia (talk) 18:36, 16 October 2021 (UTC)
A cute kitten for you!Edit
My apology. :(
I saw your great work on Corvus: A Life with Birds, so I created a draft for Esther Woolfson. I think she herself may make a good DYK at some point too! Best, Thriley (talk) 03:36, 21 October 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Ivory WinstonEdit
DYK for Pierson, IowaEdit
Hello. I translated an article from the Russian Wikipedia. There is also this article in the Polish, Ukrainian and Turkish Wikipedia. In Russian it was more voluminous, so I translated it from there. Will there be time to take a look ? Thanks ! 22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:07, 22 October 2021 (UTC)
Hi, I wrote an article about Dbvisualizer and got this: "This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject. Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia."
What can I do to get this approved? Thank you
- Hagelin-Linder Source review.
- First reference - It is a description of the software with a download link and user reviews.
- Second - A Disqus blog = unreliable source when the author isn't notable in that field.
- Third - It is not independent of the subject and is a download page.
- Fourth - It's a profile of the creator so it is not an independent source. It doesn't even verify the sentence that it is used as a reference on.
- Fifth - It is not independent of the subject because it is from BEA Systems which partnered with DbVisualizer.
- Sixth - A list of alternatives is not significant coverage.
- Seventh - It doesn't mention the software.
- Eighth - Unreliable blog.
- Ninth - A simple description page for the software. Also not independent coverage.
- Tenth - Not independent coverage.
- Eleventh - YouTube. Not even from a reliable publisher.
- Twelth - The official website = not independent.
November 2021 at Women in RedEdit
|Women in Red | November 2021, Volume 7, Issue 11, Numbers 184, 188, 210, 212, 213
November 2021 backlog driveEdit
|New Page Patrol | November 2021 Backlog Drive|
|You're receiving this message because you are a new page patroller. To opt-out of future mailings, please remove yourself here.|
DYK for O. Kay HendersonEdit
DYK for Pauline Brown HumphreyEdit
DYK for Elaine EstesEdit
The WikiCup is over for another year and the finalists can relax! Our Champion this year is The Rambling Man (submissions), who amassed over 5000 points in the final round, achieving 8 featured articles and almost 500 reviews. It was a very competitive round; seven of the finalists achieved over 1000 points in the round (enough to win the 2019 contest), and three scored over 3000 (enough to win the 2020 event). Our 2021 finalists and their scores were:
- The Rambling Man (submissions) with 5072 points
- Lee Vilenski (submissions) with 3276 points
- Amakuru (submissions) with 3197 points
- Epicgenius (submissions) with 1611 points
- Gog the Mild (submissions) with 1571 points
- BennyOnTheLoose (submissions) with 1420 points
- Hog Farm (submissions) with 1043 points
- Bloom6132 (submissions) with 528 points
All those who reached the final round will win awards. The following special awards will be made based on high performance in particular areas of content creation and review. Awards will be handed out in the next few days.
- The Rambling Man (submissions) wins the featured article prize, for 8 FAs in round 5.
- Lee Vilenski (submissions) wins the featured list prize, for 3 FLs in round 5.
- Gog the Mild (submissions) wins the featured topic prize, for 13 articles in a featured topic in round 5.
- Epicgenius (submissions) wins the good article prize, for 63 GAs in round 4.
- The Rambling Man (submissions) wins the good topic prize, for 86 articles in good topics in round 5.
- The Rambling Man (submissions) wins the reviewer prize, for 68 FAC reviews and 213 GAN reviews, both in round 5.
- Epicgenius (submissions) wins the DYK prize, for 30 did you know articles in round 3 and 105 overall.
- Bloom6132 (submissions) wins the ITN prize, for 71 in the news articles in round 1 and 284 overall.
Congratulations to everyone who participated in this year's WikiCup, whether they made it to the final round or not, and particular congratulations to the newcomers to the WikiCup, some of whom did very well. Wikipedia has benefitted greatly from the quality creations, expansions and improvements made, and the numerous reviews performed. Thanks to all who have taken part and helped out with the competition, not forgetting User:Jarry1250, who runs the scoring bot.
If you have views on whether the rules or scoring need adjustment for next year's contest, please comment on the WikiCup talk page. Next year's competition will begin on 1 January. You are invited to sign up to participate; the WikiCup is open to all Wikipedians, both novices and experienced editors, and we hope to see you all in the 2022 competition. Until then, it only remains to once again congratulate our worthy winners, and thank all participants for their involvement! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Sturmvogel 66 and Cwmhiraeth. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:56, 3 November 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Frank Jeremiah ArmstrongEdit
|Your hook reached 10,969 views (441.7 per hour), making it one of the most viewed hooks of November 2021—nice work!|
DYK nomination of Junk Head (film)Edit
Hello! Your submission of Junk Head (film) at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) at your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Mhhossein talk 04:40, 7 November 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Corvus: A Life with BirdsEdit
DYK for Dyssodia papposaEdit
DYK for Right to sitEdit
DYK for The Summit of the Gods (film)Edit
DYK for City Dump: The Story of the 1951 CCNY Basketball ScandalEdit
The Chestnut Man pageEdit
Hi SL93, you recently approved my submission of the draft for The Chestnut Man. While this submission was pending (I had to resubmit it twice), another editor created the same page, under the name The Chestnut Man (TV series). By this point, that page is more developed than the one I created, but essentially, there exists a duplicate of the same page. What is the easiest way to merge the two? Should I create a redirect, or is there a better way to go about it? Thank you. Revirvlkodlaku (talk) 01:52, 15 November 2021 (UTC)
- Revirvlkodlaku I moved the article back to draft space and tagged the redirect for speedy deletion. Once that happens, I will rename the other article to The Chestnut Man. Though I am wondering how long you knew of the other article. SL93 (talk) 02:04, 15 November 2021 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Nerds 2.0.1Edit
Hello! Your submission of Nerds 2.0.1 at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) at your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! PCN02WPS (talk | contribs) 22:22, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Herb PlambeckEdit
DYK for Walnut Creek (Raccoon River tributary)Edit
DYK for Junk HeadEdit
ArbCom 2021 Elections voter messageEdit
December 2021 at Women in RedEdit
|Women in Red | December 2021, Volume 7, Issue 12, Numbers 184, 188, 210, 214, 215, 216
Hello! Your submission of Song Zhuo Qun at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) at your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know!
Specifically, the potential issue is just with the article's titling -- sources all use the first name first (Western naming convention, so "Zhuo Qun Song"). I've also pinged the article creator to the discussion to see what they think. eviolite (talk) 01:55, 28 November 2021 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Felix O'Day (novel)Edit
Hello! Your submission of Felix O'Day (novel) at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) at your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Therapyisgood (talk) 18:05, 29 November 2021 (UTC)
DYK for G. D. Sweet Famous PlayersEdit
DYK for Nerds 2.0.1Edit
DYK nomination of Tom GroganEdit
Hello! Your submission of Tom Grogan at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) at your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Therapyisgood (talk) 15:19, 30 November 2021 (UTC)
I have sent you a note about a page you reviewedEdit
yeesh, this automatic note thing sucks. give me a second to rewrite: hi! small question about the Spotify Kids article: I'm a little new to this, but I'm not seeing super sturdy sourcing—? business insider and tech crunch are "no consensus" at WP:RSP (the latter being specifically noted as less useful for notability), MakeUseOf isn't even notable enough for an entry, much less reputable, and I can't see how Adweek is reliable either. The verge is reliable, so that's some moderately in-depth coverage—what am I missing here? Help is appreciated theleekycauldron (talk • contribs) (they/them) 04:10, 1 December 2021 (UTC)
- Theleekycauldron Odd that it notified me. I marked it as reviewed due to there being no consensus of TechCrunch and Business Insider being reliable. I would say that Adweek is reliable based on its Wikipedia article and this. You could tag place a notability tag on it and get these comments to the creator. SL93 (talk) 04:27, 1 December 2021 (UTC)
- I think of it as like AfD. A no consensus close defaults to keep. I also don't see any use in tagging the article when many sources like this can be found within seconds on Google. SL93 (talk) 04:37, 1 December 2021 (UTC)
- oh, interesting. I always thought no consensus on an AfD defaults to keep, and no consensus on sourcing defaults to unreliable. but the variety source is solid, yeah—no reason to tag when the sourcing is out there. Thanks for the explanation! theleekycauldron (talk • contribs) (they/them) 04:40, 1 December 2021 (UTC)