Quotes to live byEdit
Wikipedia is also a great source of information, but it must be approached with a certain degree of caution as well. Be sure to follow up on references, not just look at articles.— The Unicode Consortium, Unicode Common Locale Data Repository
A reader is someone who simply visits Wikipedia to read articles, not to edit or create them. They are the sole reason for which Wikipedia exists.
Some articles I've written or significantly improvedEdit
- St. Mark's Bookshop
- American Bank Note Company Printing Plant
- Margaret Sibella Brown
- SoHo Weekly News
- Dorothy Olsen
- Julio and Marisol
- Alden Rowing
- Printer's Park
- Edward G. Faile
- John V. Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School
- South Bronx Greenway
- New York Park Association
- Bronx County Hall of Justice
- The Lincoln Project
- Julio Carballo Fields
- Vinmont Veteran Park
- Bronx Skate Park
- Zoo key
- Robert Weinberg (urban planner)
- Carlisle & Finch
- Rocking the Boat
- Walter Gladwin
Things about 130326Edit
- It is my user id
- It is a mouse monoclonal kappa light chain antibody
- It is a very dark violet
- It is a bill declaring April, 2013, as Fair Housing Month in Kansas City, Missouri
- It is 18 deadlifts, 60 box jumps, 30 handstand push-ups, and running 900 meters
- It is a pintle hinge
- It is a sequence of the least primes, p, such that 3*p*2^n+1 is prime
Conflicts of InterestEdit
There is a discussion going on at  regarding COI editing. I don't think a requirement to disclose goes far enough. The whole concept of being paid to edit Wikipedia on behalf of a client or employer is an inherent COI and should be banned outright.
A number of my past (and present) employers have wikipedia articles about them. I recuse myself from editing any of these, to avoid any possible COI:
I am a member of Harlem Yacht Club. I am not an employee or otherwise compensated by the club. I have, however, created an alternate account, User:RoySmith-HYC. Should I decide to do any editing of material related to the club, I will use that account to emphasize the COI relationship.
I also have created User:RoySmith-Mobile. I use this on mobile devices and other insecure locations, where I don't want to login using my admin credentials.
Articles of interestEdit
- Ref order checker
A random assortment of amusing quotes on the topic of WP:G11
- We aren't trying to advertise but rather provide a description of our community.
- not meant at all for advertising purposes, more so fans can search and find out a little bit more about ourselves.
- I tried to make this page so it's not a advertisement. I just want to make it for my company.
Some things I'm interested inEdit
- E.C. Smith Herbarium: