In the wise wisdom of the freelance metadata movement for max-ontic dysruptivity, Wikidata has two entities for the YVM: Q60781646 and Q58805164. I've tried to get this sorted down there in the data dungeon but from the looks of things that might be addressed sometime in 2020. ^^ In the meantime, though this entry developed fairly independently of the French article, it might not be a bad idea to link to the
flagship vestship entry in the country where the movement is (apparently) still going on. SashiRolls t · c 07:25, 26 March 2019 (UTC)
- I finally figured out how to fix this, though there are still two Q-points. SashiRolls t · c 12:29, 31 March 2019 (UTC)
I've joined Hesperian Nguyen in removing the factoid that the "No Carbon Tax Vermont" group is "composed mostly of men". It has now been sourced, but remains incredibly uninteresting. Compare WP:NOTEVERYTHING: "A Wikipedia article should not be a complete exposition of all possible details". Bishonen | talk 11:59, 31 March 2019 (UTC).
- Agree with both of you. It seems trivia.--SharabSalam (talk) 12:22, 31 March 2019 (UTC)
- The journalist thought it was interesting. I did too, which is why I echoed her observation in the first place. Now, it's in the quote field, which is a good place for it, I think. SashiRolls t · c 12:23, 31 March 2019 (UTC)
Note that the original submission simply stated the fact that there was an event, the group behind that event, and the date of the event. Porkupine802 (talk) 04:29, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- on 06.03.2019, The UN human rights chief called for a "full investigation" into the possible excessive use of force by French police during the "yellow vest" demonstrations, condemning aggressive policing, with an extremely heavy use of bullets, hand grenades and instant teargas grenades. Ms Bachelet stating : "Their demands call for respectful dialogue and genuine reform".
- on 14.02.2019, European Parliament condemned the use of defense bullet launchers by law enforcement.
- The French League of Human Rights (LDH) established a damning report against the forces of law and order during the Yellow Vests protests, noted that the weapons used by the security forces are cataloged as weapons of war, stressing that “the shooting of grenades and bullets are more and more tense”, so that there are ” many injuries related to the shock from tear gas grenades or the explosion of hand grenades.” — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2A01:CB14:A69:C000:E84B:2D91:8217:9143 (talk) 15:19, 7 April 2019 (UTC)