State Reform Party
The State Reform Party or (Malay: Parti Reformasi Negeri, abbreviated STAR) is a political party based in Sarawak, Malaysia. Its current President is Lina Soo, replacing Patau Rubis, who died in 2016, after he collapsed while presiding the STAR Annual General Meeting on 20 March 2016.
|Founded||9 October 1996 (Sarawak)|
6 January 2012 (Sabah)
|Succeeded by||Homeland Solidarity Party (Sabah)|
|Headquarters||262, Jalan Batu Kawa, 93500 Kuching, Sarawak|
0 / 70
0 / 222
|Dewan Undangan Negeri:|
0 / 587
|State Reform Party on Facebook|
The STAR's nine-point election manifesto would focus on Sarawak's rights as contained in the Malaysia Agreement, the 1962 Inter-Governmental Committee (IGC) Report and the 18-Point Agreement. The STAR's policy will ensure the party always struggle as a significant pressure group on demanding recognition of Sarawak rights together with many other non-governmental organisations (NGOs). The Party demands that the Government of Sarawak have to reform the state government system and go out from the available comfort zone.
In 2016, the State Reform Party branch in neighbouring Sabah was succeeded by the Homeland Solidarity Party as a new Sabah-based party. It still uses STAR as a backronym with its new Malay name Parti Solidariti Tanah Airku.
Current STAR Sarawak State CommitteeEdit
As of 9 April 2016.
- Buln anak Ribos
- Deputy Chairman
- Tambi Pilang
- Joseph Jotem
- Soo Lina
- Deputy President
- Mura Kadir
- Hugh Lawrence Zehnder
- Zulfaqar Sa'adi
- Vice President
- Mohd Annuar Abd Hamid
- Richard Revis Jimin
- Adam Wong Sing Wei
- Mesah Suhaili
- Simon Tiong Ing Tung
- Chieng Lea Phing
- Youth Chief
- Fatrick anak Jimi Fatri
- Donny Ruing
List of PresidentsEdit
- Patau Rubis (9 March 1997 – 20 March 2016)
- Lina Soo (9 April 2016–present)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2017)
Candidates in the Sarawak state electionsEdit
- Jenne Lajiun (15 July 2016). "Reformed, rebranded STAR now Sabah-based party". The Borneo Post. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- Michelle Tam (20 March 2016). "State Reform Party founding president Dr Patau Rubis dies a day before birthday after collapsing at AGM". The Star. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Lim How Pim (20 March 2016). "Dr Patau Rubis passes away from apparent heart failure". The Borneo Post. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Sulok Tawie (23 April 2016). "STAR to campaign on Sarawak rights". The Malay Mail. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "STAR rayu derma politik taja 30 calon bertanding pada PRN11" (in Malay). Utusan Borneo. 10 April 2016. Retrieved 22 April 2018.