Snooker season 2019/2020
The 2019/2020 snooker season is a series of professional snooker tournaments being played between 9 May 2019 and 4 May 2020.
|Duration||9 May 2019 – 4 May 2020|
|Tournaments||44 (19 ranking events)|
|Triple Crown winners|
|Players on the Main Tour|
|TBC (African Champion)||1|
The top 64 players from the prize money rankings after the 2019 World Championship, and the 29 players earning a two-year card the previous year automatically qualified for the season. Next, eight places were allocated to the top 8 on the One Year Ranking List who have not already qualified for the Main Tour. Another three players came from the Challenge Tour, two players came from the CBSA China Tour, and a further 16 places were available through the Q School (four Event 1 winners, four Event 2 winners, and four Event 3 winners and 4 Order of Merit places). The rest of the places on to the tour came from amateur events and national governing body (NGB) nominations.
The list of all professional players in the 2019/2020 season consist of the standard field of 128 players, including an invitational tour card for Jimmy White.
New professional playersEdit
All players listed below received a tour card for two seasons.
|WR = World ranking event|
|NR = Non-ranking event|
|VE = Variant event|
|TE = Team event|
|P/A = Pro–am event|
|CT = Challenge Tour event|
|WST = World Seniors Tour|
2019/2020 points distribution for world ranking events:
|Northern Ireland Open||—||£0||—||£3,000||£4,000||£7,500||£10,000||£20,000||£30,000||£70,000|
|World Grand Prix||—||—||—||—||£5,000[note 2]||£7,500||£12,500||£20,000||£40,000||£100,000|
|Players Championship||—||—||—||—||—||£10,000[note 2]||£15,000||£30,000||£50,000||£125,000|
|Tour Championship||—||—||—||—||—||—||£20,000[note 2]||£40,000||£60,000||£150,000|
|World Championship||£0||£5,000[note 3]||£10,000[note 3]||£15,000||£20,000[note 3]||£30,000||£50,000||£100,000||£200,000||£500,000|
- Dates use month-day format
- First round losers in the Shoot Out, Coral World Grand Prix, Coral Players Championship and Coral Tour Championship will receive their prize money in full however this money will not count towards the prize money rankings
- Players who lose their first match receive no ranking points
- Main Tour Qualification 2019/20
- "Kacper Filipiak is the 2019 European Champion". EBSA. 2 March 2019. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Aaron Hill & Jackson Page U18 & U21 Champions 2019". EBSA. 15 March 2019. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Tournament Result: Oceania Snooker Championship 2019". Oceania Billiards and Snooker Association. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Brazil Back on Tour!". wpbsa.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. 6 February 2019. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- 2018/2019 Season Points
- Provisional Q School Order of Merit
- "Calendar for the 2019/20 season" (PDF). World Snooker. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- "CHALLENGE TOUR CALENDAR". World Snooker. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- "Vienna Snooker Open 2019". Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- "Yan Beats Joyce In Riga Final". World Snooker. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "Sublime Trump Claims International Title". World Snooker. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- "White Wins at the Crucible". WPBSA. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- "PRIZE MONEY WORLD RANKINGS SCHEDULE 2019/2020 SEASON" (PDF). worldsnooker.com. 24 June 2019. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- Snooker season 2019/2020 at Snooker.org