|Commenced operations||21 May 2018|
In 2016, SkyUp became a registered company in Kiev, Ukraine. On 14 December 2017, Minister of Infrastructure Volodymyr Volodymyrovych Omelian announced the launch of a new national private air carrier name SkyUp Airlines. The main shareholders of the company are ACS-Ukraine Ltd, Tetyana Alba and Yuri Alba, who also own the tour operator Join UP! which is expected to cooperate with the airline to provide charter flights for holiday packages. Plans for the first year is to concentrate on international charter flights to popular summer destinations, as well as scheduled flights within Ukraine and to several international destinations. Tickets sales are set to begin in April 2018. SkyUp also intends to cooperate with Ukraine International Airlines.
During its launch the airline intended to operate charter flights from both Kiev-Boryspil and Kiev-Zhuliany, as well as Kharkiv, Lviv, Odessa and other cities in Ukraine to a total of sixteen destinations: Alicante, Antalya, Barcelona, Bodrum, Burgas, Dalaman, Dubai, Hurghada, Larnaca, Palma de Mallorca, Rimini, Sharm El Sheikh, Tenerife, Tivat and Varna. Following the launch of the charter operations, the airline plans to commence domestic services from Odessa to Kiev, Kharkiv and Lviv in late May or early June 2018. The airline also intends to operate international services from Kiev to Barcelona, Dubai and Larnaca.
As of April 2019, SkyUp Airlines operates the following aircraft:
|Boeing 737-700||2||—||149||One in the livery of FC Shakhtar.|
|Boeing 737 MAX 8||—||2||TBA||Deliveries start in 2023|
|Boeing 737 MAX 10||—||3||TBA||Deliveries start in 2023|
In March 2018, SkyUp Airlines and Boeing finalised a firm order for the purchase of two Boeing 737 8 MAX and three Boeing 737 MAX 10 due to be delivered in 2023. Additionally the airline has the option to purchase another five aircraft.
- "Ukraine's SkyUp launches Kharkiv base, mulls Cherkasy". ch-aviation.com/. 6 March 2019.
- "SkyUp". centreforaviation.com. 24 March 2018. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "From Kiev to Odessa for 500 UAH - in March 2018, Ukrainian Lowestoft SkyUp will work". tokar.ua. 28 December 2017. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "Ukraine's SkyUp to launch in April 2018". ch-aviation.com. 15 December 2017. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "Ukrainian Airline SkyUp Performs First Flight". cfts.org.ua. 23 May 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "New airline SkyUp to start operating from April 2018". interfax.com.ua. 14 December 2018. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "OUR FLEET". skyup.aero.
- iSport.ua (2019-04-09). "Шахтер показал самолет в фирменной ливрее в цветах клуба". iSport.ua. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- "Ukraine's SkyUp orders 5+5 B737 MAX; to launch in early 2Q18". ch-aviation.com. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "Boeing, SkyUp Airlines Finalize Order for Five 737 MAX Airplanes". ch-aviation.com. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 24 March 2018.