Shadow (2013 film)
Shadow is a 2013 Indian Telugu-language action comedy film produced by Paruchuri Kireeti on United Movies banner and directed by Meher Ramesh. The film stars Venkatesh, Srikanth, Tapsee, Madhurima in the lead roles and music was composed by S. Thaman. The film was released on 26 April 2013.
|Directed by||Meher Ramesh|
|Produced by||Paruchuri Kireeti|
|Screenplay by||Meher Ramesh|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Distributed by||Suresh Productions (USA & Canada)|
|Budget||₹30 crore (US$4.2 million)|
The film was later dubbed into Hindi as Meri Jung: One Man Army by Sumeet Arts in 2013.
Rajaram (Venkatesh) is the son of Raghuram (Naga Babu), an investigative journalist in a United Nations agency. He infiltrates the criminal organization of Nana Bhai (Aditya Pancholi) and earns his trust. He gathers proof against the activities of Nana and hands them over to newspaper publisher Chaitanya Prasad alias CP (Sayaji Shinde). This is discovered by Nana Bhai and he murders Raghuram in an exceedingly brutal manner. He additionally destroys Raghuram's family. Rajaram manages to flee from the Massacre and vows to get revenge on Nana. With the assistance of Baba (Nassar), Rajaram grows up to be a strong young man. He assumes the identity of Shadow and starts looking for members of Nana's gang. Meanwhile, Prathap (Srikanth), a tricky cop in UN agency, is also searching for Nana Bhai and his gang. As expected, the methods of Rajaram and Prathap cross resulting in friction. However, Rajaram soon learns that he has a terribly sturdy association with Prathap. At last, he manages to reach Nana Bhai and destroys him.
- Venkatesh as Rajaram / Shadow / Chanti
- Srikanth as ACP Prathap
- Tapsee as Madhubala
- Madhurima as Bindu (Rajaram's sister)
- Aditya Pancholi as Nana Bhai
- Nassar as Baba
- Sayaji Shinde as Chaithanya Prasad aka CP
- Naga Babu as Raghuram (Rajaram's father)
- Geetha as Lakshmi (Rajaram's mother)
- Suman as Chakravarthy, Intelligence officer
- M. S. Narayana as Dr. Donga Srinivasa Rao aka Psycho Srinu
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam as Peter Penchalayya
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Home Minister Naidu
- Chalapathi Rao as D.G.
- Nagineedu as Thyagi, Police Commissioner
- Subbaraju as Sanyasi Naidu (Home Minister's son)
- Rao Ramesh as Sivaji
- Rahul Dev as Jeeva
- Supreeth as Robert
- Satya Prakash as Guru Bhai
- Surya as Journalist Surya (Lakshmi's brother)
- Vennela Kishore as Nana Bhai's henchman
- Krishna Bhagavaan as Kammareddy Kapuraju
- Prabhas Sreenu as Daambar (Shadow's friend and partner)
- Srinivasa Reddy as Psycho Srinu's student
- Satyam Rajesh as Psycho Srinu's student
- Thagubothu Ramesh as Drunkard
- Nalla Venu as Drunkard
- Harshavardhan as Madhubala's brother
- Mukthar Khan as Shakeel
- Uttej as Shadow's friend and partner
- Telangana Shakuntala as Home Minister's wife
- Hema as Madhubala's Sister-in-law
- Vinaya Prasad as Lakshmi's sister-in-law
- Kesha as an item number "Shadow Title Track"
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||15 March 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|S. Thaman chronology|
The music of the film was composed by S. Thaman and released on T-Series Audio Company. The title track of this film was released at Ramanaidu Studios in Hyderabad. Venkatesh, V. V. Vinayak, Meher Ramesh, Producer Paruchuri Prasad, Paruchuri Kireeti, Kona Venkat, Gopimohan and Thaman attended this event. Vinayak launched the title song of the movie.
The audio launch of this film was held at Shilpakala Vedika in Hyderabad on 15 March 2013. Vinayak unveiled the T-Series audio albums and handed one to Boyapati Srinu. Gopichand Malineni, K. L. Narayana, Nagababu, Boyapati Srinu and V. V. Vinayak launched the songs of the movie. Madhurima, Kona Venkat, Gopimohan, Baba Sehgal, Adithya Pancholi attended this event.
|1.||"Shadow"||Chandrabose||Baba Sehgal, Naveen, Chorus||3:53|
|2.||"Gola Gola"||Viswa||Hemachandra, Ramya N.S, Vandhana||3:24|
|3.||"Pilla Manchi Bandhobasthu"||Bhaskarabhatla||Hemachandra, Suchitra||4:04|
|4.||"Naughty Girl"||Bhaskarabhatla||Geetha Madhuri, Simha||4:10|
|5.||"Aythalaka"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Hari Charan, Ranjith, Rahul Nambiar, Megha, Reeta, Anitha||4:01|
|6.||"Revenge of Shadow"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Chorus||1:27|
This is the first Tollywood film, played in Prasad multiplex screen equipped with the high quality Auro 11.1 3D sound with 55 speakers.
The media reported that Venkatesh played the role of a mafia don in this film. However, he said that this was not the case Bollywood actor Aditya Pancholi is making his debut as villain in Telugu for this film.
Initially the film was scheduled for a Ugadi release on 11 April 2013. Later director Meher Ramesh confirmed that the film was postponed to 26 April 2013. The film was censored with a U/A certificate, obtained from the CBFC on 18 April 2013, and was released on the previously scheduled release date.
Sashidhar AS from The Times of India website reviewed the film and stated, "It's a mash up of several other movies and does not showcase anything new." Shekhar from the Oneindia website reviewed and gave a rating of 2.5/5 for the film and said, "The director has failed in executing his ideas in crispy way. However, it is good entertainer, which will appeal both class and mass audience. It is a must watch film for Venky fans." A critic from the Way2movies website reviewed and gave a rating of 2/5 for the film and stated, "Even Venkatesh couldn't salvage 'Shadow'." Mahesh S Koneru from the 123telugu website reviewed and gave a rating of 2.25/5 for the film, and stated, "Meher Ramesh must realise that style without substance will never work." A critic from the Supergoodmovies website reviewed and gave a rating of 2/5 for the film, and said that Shadow "is a below average film. Here Meher Ramesh Direction, Screen Play and Story are bad. It is not a worthy flick." Cherukuri Raja from the Apherald website reviewed and gave a rating of 1.5/5 for the film and said, "Biggest Disaster of this Summer, dont waste your bucks on this flick."
The film collected ₹3.75 crore (37.5 m)in the first day in Andhra Pradesh.
- "'Shadow' Audio Release on March 7th". indiaglitz.com. 7 February 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- "SHADOW in USA & Canada by Suresh Production through Praneeth Media". idlebrain.com. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Venkatesh to clash with Nagarjuna". timesofap.com. 9 April 2013. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Venkatesh's Shadow movie budget". timesofap.com. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "'Shadow' will be released on April 26". MSN. 26 April 2013. Archived from the original on 7 May 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "'Shadow' movie title track launch". indiaglitz.com. 7 March 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Shadow audio launch". sify.com. 19 March 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Venkatesh's 'Shadow' audio launch". indiaglitz.com. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "'Shadow' is the 1st Tollywood film using it". indiaglitz.com. 19 April 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Venkatesh as Mafia don". andhravilas.com. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- "Venkatesh not playing a don in Shadow". The Times of India. 27 March 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "Venkatesh's SHADOW in USA by FICUS". idlebrain.com. 31 March 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Venkatesh's shadow to release on April 11". The Times of India. 25 March 2013. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Shadow censored with U/A certificate". The Times of India. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- Sashidhar, AS (26 April 2013). "Shadow Telugu movie review highlights". Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Shekhar (26 April 2013). "Shadow - Movie Review: It's Venky show". entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Venkatesh Shadow Movie Review". telugu.way2movies.com. 26 April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Review : Shadow – Meher's attack on viewers". 123telugu.com. 26 April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Shadow Movie Review". supergoodmovies.com. 26 April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Cherukuri Raja (26 April 2013). "Shadow Movie Review, Rating". apherald.com. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Cherukuri Raja (27 April 2013). "Shadow first day collections". apherald.com. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- Sangeetha, Seshagiri (28 April 2013). "'Shadow' Box Office Collection: 'Victory' Venkatesh Movie Earns ₹12.49 Lakh in 2 Days Overseas". International Business Times. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Shadow DTS® (Pre-Order)". bhavanidvd.com. 12 July 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- "Shadow Blu-ray (Telugu Blu-ray) (Pre-Order)". bhavanidvd.com. 12 July 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2013.