M. S. Narayana
M S Narayana
Mylavarapu Surya Narayana
16 April 1951
|Died||23 January 2015(aged 63)|
|Residence||Hyderabad, the then Andhra Pradesh Telangana, India|
|Spouse(s)||M.V. Kala Prapoorna|
|Parent(s)||Mailavarapu Bapi Raju (Father)|
Actor and comedian M.S. Narayana, a veteran actor with over 750 films to his credit. His debut movie as an actor is Pedarayudu which was released in 1995. Narayana dabbled in theatre initially while working as a lecturer and entered the film industry as a writer before being introduced as an actor. The actor, who was known for his inimitable, witty style of acting was a master of comedy and one who could carry off the humour elements of a movie with elan. Among his latest films is 'Manam' (2014) in which three generations of the Akkineni family acted and the last in which thespian, late Akkineni Nageswara Rao acted. Other prominent films include 'Badshah' with NTR in 2013, 'Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu' with Pawan Kalyan and 'Julayi' with Allu Arjun in 2012 and Mahesh Babu's runaway success 'Dookudu' in 2011.
Mr Narayana won five Nandi awards presented by Andhra Pradesh Government as a Best male comedian. He acted in two Tamil films – Nootrenbadhu and Maharaja (both 2011). He made his debut as a director in the film Koduku starring his son Vikram. Another movie directed by him was Bhajantrilu. He penned dialogues for eight films.
Below are the selected filmography of M. S. Narayana.
- 1996: Pedarayuduas aachari
- 1997: Maa Nannaki Pelli
- 1999: Samarasimha Reddy
- 1999: Ramsakkanodu
- 2000: Sardukupodaam Randi
- 2001: Anandam as House owner
- 2001: Nuvvu Naaku Nachav as chanti
- 2002: Aadi as Nagi Reddy Assistant ( Narayana)
- 2002: Indra as Thief
- 2002: Sontham as Bhogeswara Rao
- 2003: Sivamani
- 2003: Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi as broker
- 2005: Bunny as Principal
- 2006: Andarivaadu
- 2007: Chirutha as Charan's boss
- 2008: Ready as Junior Sasthry
- 2010: Darling as Appalanaidu
- 2011: Dookudu as Bokka Venkateshwara Rao
- 2011: Badrinath as Chupke
- 2012: Julai as C.I. Valmiki
- 2012: Daruvu as Chitragupta
- 2012: Shadow) as Dr. Donga Srinivasa Rao alias Psycho Seenu
- 2013: Kevvu Keka as Subbarao
- 2013: Attarintiki Daredi as Balu
- 2013: Baadshah as Revenge Nageshwara Rao
- 2014: Aagadu as Database Daanaiah
- 2014: Race Gurram as Teashop Owner (Lucky's adoptive uncle)
- 2015: Pataas
- 2015: Sher as Lungi Baba
- 2015: S/O Satyamurthy as Pallavi's paternal uncle
Awards and nominationsEdit
- Best Male Comedian - Maa Nannaki Pelli (2000)
- Best Male Comedian - Ramsakkanodu (1999)
- Best Male Comedian - Sardukupodaam Randi (2000)
- Best Male Comedian - Sivamani (2003)
- Best Male Comedian - Dookudu (2011)
- Best Supporting Actor – Telugu - Dookudu (2011)
- Best Actor (Jury) - Dookudu (2011)
Narayana became very popular for his comedian roles in Tollywood. During the promotion of Dileep Kumar and Priyal Gor starrer film Saheba Subramanyam, he claimed that he started his career in 1997, at the age of 46. Since then, he has acted in over 700 films in a short period of just 17 years. He expected a Guinness record, where the record holder Brahmanandam, acted in 700 films in 20 years, whereas he did it just in 17 years. His friends appealed to the Guinness Records Academy to recognise him.
- "Venkatadri Express (film)", Wikipedia, 1 July 2019, retrieved 10 November 2019
- "Telugu actor MS Narayana died". Times of India.
- Krishnamoorthy, Suresh. "Telugu comedian M.S. Narayana passes away". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "M. S. Narayana claims to have broken Brahmanandam's Guinness Record".