Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (marketed as Samsung Galaxy Note9) is an Android phablet smartphone designed, developed and marketed by Samsung Electronics as part of the Samsung Galaxy Note series. It was awarded the "Best Phone of the Year" award by Consumer Reports. It was unveiled on 9 August 2018, as the successor to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
|Brand||Samsung Galaxy Note|
|Slogan||The new super powerful Note|
|Series||Samsung Galaxy Note|
|First released||9 August 2018|
|Availability by region|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Note8|
|Related||Samsung Galaxy S9 |
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018)
|Dimensions||H: 161.9 mm (6.37 in)|
W: 76.4 mm (3.01 in)
D: 8.8 mm (0.35 in)
|Mass||201 g (7.1 oz)|
|Operating system||Android Oreo 8.1 with Samsung Experience 9.5 Upgradable to Android Pie 9 with Samsung One UI 1.0|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (in the U.S., Canada & China) Samsung Exynos 9810 (outside the U.S., Japan, Canada & China)|
|CPU||Exynos: Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4x1.7 GHz Mongoose M3) Snapdragon: Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)|
|Memory||6 GB (128 GB model) 8 GB (512 GB model)|
|Storage||128 GB or 512 GB UFS 23.1|
|Removable storage||microSDTF card support up to 512 GB.|
|Battery||4000 mAh (non-removable)|
Other: S-Pen Physical sound volume keysBixby key
Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, 2960x1440 px resolution, (516 ppi)
|Rear camera||Dual 12 MP (1.4 μm, f/1.5/2.4) + 12 MP ((1.0 μm), f/2.4), Dual OIS, 4K at 30 or 60 fps (limited to 5 min), QHD at 30 fps, 1080p at 30 or 60 fps, 720p at 30 fps and slow motion at 960 fps|
|Front camera||8 MP (1.22 μm, f/1.7), autofocus|
|Sound||Stereo speakers tuned by AKG with Dolby Atmos support|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, MU-MIMO, 1024-QAM Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, location (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou)|
Many Galaxy Note 9 features were leaked before the official launch, including its S-Pen. On 27 June 2018, Samsung sent out invites for the next "Unpacked" event, showing a gold S Pen image. According to that teaser, it was announced on 9 August 2018.
The Note 9 has a 6.4 inches (160 mm) 1440p Super AMOLED display with an 18.5:9 aspect ratio. The design on the front is otherwise similar to the Note 8, using an "Infinity Display" as marketed by Samsung.
The Note 9 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC in the U.S., Canada, China, Japan and Latin America or a Samsung Exynos 9810 SoC in the rest of the world. It has 128 or 512 GB storage options. The 128 GB model has 6 GB of RAM while the 512 GB has 8 GB of RAM. All models also have a microSD card slot that can support a microSD card that stores up to 512 gigabytes of data, expanding storage up to 1 terabyte with the 512 GB model.
The Note 9 has IP68 water & dust resistance and a USB-C connector that supports Samsung DeX without a dock. It has a 3.5 mm headphone jack along with AKG tuned stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support.
The Note 9 has fast wireless charging capabilities via the Qi standard. The 4000 mAh battery is significantly upgraded from previous Samsung Galaxy phones; as compared to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which only had 3300 mAh, which was due to the battery that was in the Note 7. The 4000 mAh was previously seen in only the Active variants of the S7 and S8.
The dual-camera system has one lens with a dual-aperture (f/1.5 and f/2.4) system similar to the S9, but the setup is flipped horizontally rather than vertically, similar to the Note 8's setup.
The biggest change to the Note 9 is to the S-Pen. The S-Pen now has Bluetooth capabilities, including the ability to tap the button on it (hold, single or double) to do certain tasks, such as moving forwards or backwards in presentations or taking photos, and third party support is provided for apps via an SDK.
The S-Pen now has a "battery" (essentially a Super Capacitor) that charges when the pen is docked in the silo, with Samsung claiming 30 minutes of usage (or up to 200 clicks of the button) with only 40 seconds of charging.
The camera software has been further improved and now includes an AI scene recognition that is capable of identifying 20 different scenes and make necessary adjustments to the camera's variables to produce better image quality.
Recently, T-Mobile has announced that Android Pie update is being rolled out to Samsung Galaxy Note 9 users. While this update brings refreshed One UI, it also brings many improvements. This update is being delivered to users sequentially based on regions , so many users would need to wait till it reaches them.
- "Official prices for Samsung Galaxy Note9 in Indonesia revealed". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- Kastrenakes, Jacob (1 June 2018). "Samsung reportedly plans Galaxy Note9 announcement on August 9th". The Verge. Archived from the original on 3 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Galaxy Note9 Release Date and Features Revealed". Tom's Guide. 2 June 2018. Archived from the original on 3 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- Snelling, David (2018-06-03). "Galaxy Note9 release revealed and this is date Samsung fans should put in their diary". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note9 specs and features revealed in detailed hands-on". GSMArena.com. 2018-06-28. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Samsung announces Galaxy Note9 event for August 9th".
- SamMobile. "Samsung CEO spotted using the Galaxy Note9 in public". SamMobile. Archived from the original on 24 July 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Singh, Jagmeet (17 July 2018). "Samsung Mobile Chief DJ Koh Spotted Using Galaxy Note9". Gadgets360.com. NDTV. Archived from the original on 24 July 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Rogerson, James (6 August 2018). "Samsung Galaxy Note9 retail box caught on camera". TechRadar. Archived from the original on 6 August 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- Bell, Lee (6 August 2018). "Samsung Galaxy Note9 retail box snap leaks phone specs ahead of launch". V3. Archived from the original on 7 August 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note9 retail box reveals full specs ahead of August 9 launch". India Today. Archived from the original on 6 August 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- Dolcourt, Jessica (June 11, 2018). "The Galaxy Note 8 still does it all, but Samsung is set to top it soon". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 13, 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note9 Will Feature In-Screen Fingerprint Sensor". 7 August 2017. Archived from the original on 10 August 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note9 release date, price, news and leaks". TechRadar. Archived from the original on May 12, 2018. Retrieved May 10, 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note9 - Mobilizujeme.cz". mobilizujeme.cz (in Czech). Archived from the original on 14 June 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note9 will ship with 6GB of RAM". Digital Trends. April 30, 2018. Archived from the original on June 9, 2018. Retrieved May 10, 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy Note9 Rumors: Release Date, Specs and More". Tom's Guide. 4 May 2018. Archived from the original on 10 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Black, Marie (25 February 2018). "Is the Galaxy Note9 the latest to get the notch treatment?". Tech Advisor. Archived from the original on 28 February 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Nield, David; Jones, Robert; Douglas, Paul (April 30, 2018). "Samsung Galaxy Note9 leaks and rumours: release date, price and specs". T3. Archived from the original on May 7, 2018. Retrieved May 10, 2018.
- Levenson, Josh (April 15, 2018). "Galaxy Note9 Price, Release Date and Specs: What you need to know". Trusted Reviews. Archived from the original on April 15, 2018. Retrieved May 10, 2018.
- "Archive". SamMobile. Archived from the original on 8 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Galaxy Note 9 keeps its cool during gaming with a 'water carbon cooling system'". SamMobile. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- "World-first Samsung Galaxy Note9 teardown shows huge water cooling system". Phonearena. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- "The Samsung Galaxy Note 9's S Pen has a clever rapid-charging "battery" with one tiny flaw". Phonearena. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- "Galaxy Note9 S Pen - Stylus Pen with Android Remote Control | Samsung US". Samsung Electronics America. Archived from the original on 10 August 2018. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "The 5 features that make the Galaxy Note 9 great". AndroidAuthority. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- "T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 9 receives official Android 9.0 Pie update". Techshali. Retrieved 2019-03-02.