Samajwadi Janata Party (Rashtriya)
|General Secretary||Pradeep Gopalakrishnan|
|Founded||5 November 1990|
|Split from||Janata Dal|
|Headquarters||Narendra Niketan, Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi, India.|
|Youth wing||All India Socialist Youth Council|
|ECI Status||State Party|
Chandra Shekhar was the sole Lok Sabha MP of the party at the time of his death. The party was formed on November 5, 1990 when Chandra Shekhar and Devi Lal broke away from Janata Dal. The party was able to gather 60 MPs and form a government which lasted for seven months.
As of 2012 Kamal Morarka, a former cabinet minister in the union government headed by Chandra Shekhar was the head of the party. The party headquarters were located in Narendra Niketan, ITO Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi, India.
On 14 April 2015, Samajwadi Janata Party (Rashtriya), Janata Dal (United), Janata Dal (Secular), Rashtriya Janata Dal, the Indian National Lok Dal, and Samajwadi Party, announced that they would merge into a new national alliance, Janata Parivar in order to oppose the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- "SJP: Shyamji Tripathi is New Party President, took Oath in New Delhi". 19 February 2021.
- "Chandra Shekhar critical". The Hindu. 8 July 2007. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- July 31, SARITHA RAI; July 31, 1993 ISSUE DATE; July 24, 1993UPDATED; Ist, 2013 16:50. "Ramakrishna Hegde and H.D. Deve Gowda patch up in Karnataka". India Today. Retrieved 2021-08-17.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAM present highcourt judge WEDNESDAY, THE 20TH DAY OF AUGUST 2014/29TH SRAVANA, 1936(HINDI CALENDER )Crl. MC. No 3575 of 2014(k.k.gopalakrishnan)CRL. R.P.NO. 19/2014 OF SESSIONS COURT. THIRUVANANTHAPURAM (K.K GOPALAKRISHNAN)CMP. NO 2677/2014 OF ADDL. CHIEF JUDICIAL MAGISTRATE COURT. THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
- "'Janata Parivar' formalised, Mulayam Singh named chief of new party". 15 April 2015.