Pavilion Books Holdings Ltd is an English publishing company based in London.
|Predecessor||Chrysalis Books Group|
|Distribution||HarperCollins (UK, Australia)|
Independent Publishers Group (US: most titles)
Sterling Publishing (US: Batsford, Collins & Brown)
Jonathan Ball Publishers (South Africa)
Bloomsbury Publishing (India)
It specialises in illustrated books and digital content.
The company traces its history as an independent publisher to 2005 when Chrysalis Books Group was acquired as a management buy-out by Robin Wood, Polly Powell and David Proffit from the Chrysalis Group. Chrysalis Books Group took the name Anova Books to avoid confusion with its former holding company, Chrysalis Group. In 2014 Anova Books was renamed Pavilion Books. It has since acquired and created several other imprints, such as Pitkin Press in 2016. The company's sole owner and publisher is Polly Powell. The Managing Director is David Graham. Directors are Polly Powell, David Graham, Vaughan Grylls, Zana Hanks, Ed Hoare and Helen Lewis.
Current imprints include:
- Batsford, or B. T. Batsford, established 1843, by Bradley Thomas Batsford. A prominent chairman of the firm was Brian Batsford from 1952 until 1974. It publishes books in various specialty categories such as applied arts, bridge, chess, horticulture and industrial archaeology. An example of current publications are Millie Marotta's colouring books.
- Collins & Brown, an imprint originally launched in 1989 to focus on non-fiction publishing.
- National Trust Books, a new imprint established by Pavilion to target National Trust members and others interested in gardening, cooking, and similar topics.
- Pavilion Books, founded in 1981 and focused on cookery, lifestyle, photography, art and related subjects.
- Portico, a new imprint offering works of humour and other non-fiction subjects.
- Pitkin, publishing works on English cathedrals and other places of historic and cultural interest.
- Robson Books, publishing works by diverse authors such as Alan Coren, Matthew Parris, Jack Rosenthal, Dannie Abse, and Alan Sillitoe.
- Salamander Books, publishers in the UK of the Then and Now series of books. In the United Kingdom the books appear under the imprint of Pavilion Books and in the United States under that of Trafalgar Square Publishing, Chicago.
- "Catalogues". Pavilion Books. Retrieved 2017-12-27.
- Rose, Jonathan. "Batsford, Bradley Thomas". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/38976.(Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- "Then and Now Books"
- Then and Now Series, pavilionbooks.com. Retrieved 14 May 2019.