Pijnacker-Nootdorp ([ˈpɛi̯nʔɑkər ˈnoːtdɔrp] (listen) population: 54,331 in 2019) is a suburban municipality in the Randstad conurbation in the Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. The municipality covers an area of 38.62 km2 (14.91 sq mi) of which 1.54 km2 (0.59 sq mi) is water.
Aerial view of Pijnacker
Location in South Holland
|Established||1 January 2002|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Francisca Ravestein (D66)|
|• Total||38.62 km2 (14.91 sq mi)|
|• Land||37.08 km2 (14.32 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.54 km2 (0.59 sq mi)|
|Elevation||−2 m (−7 ft)|
|• Density||1,465/km2 (3,790/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The municipality of Pijnacker-Nootdorp comprises the following towns, villages and townships: Delfgauw, Nootdorp, Oude Leede, Pijnacker and (parts of) newly built Ypenburg. It is the result of merging the municipalities of Pijnacker and Nootdorp in 2002, with parts being annexed by neighbouring The Hague. It is part of the Haaglanden conurbation centred on The Hague, but it is also close to Delft and Rotterdam.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Pijnacker-Nootdorp, June 2015
- Maria van Oosterwijck (1630 in Nootdorp – 1693) a Dutch Golden Age painter, specializing in still lifes
- Prof. Jaap Schrieke (1884 in Pijnacker – 1976) minister during the German occupation of the Netherlands
- Jan Janssen (born 1940 in Nootdorp) a Dutch former professional cyclist and winner of the 1968 Tour de France
- Klaas de Vries (born 1943) a retired Dutch politician, lives in Pijnacker
- Theo Lalleman (1946 in Pijnacker – 2013) a Dutch writer, publisher, video-artist, and cultural entrepreneur
- Rita Verdonk (born 1955) a retired Dutch politician, lives in Nootdorp
- Nancy van der Burg (born 1992 in Delfgauw) a Dutch racing cyclist
- "Gemeentelijke indeling op 1 januari 2002" [Municipal divisions on 1 January 2002]. cbs.nl (in Dutch). CBS. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "Burgemeester Rik Buddenberg" [Mayor Rik Buddenberg] (in Dutch). Gemeente Pijnacker-Nootdorp. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 2641EZ". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pijnacker-Nootdorp.|
|This South Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|