In and around Pijnacker there are big and attractive nature areas, of which one is the Ackerdijkse Plassen, one of the most important bird areas in the Netherlands.
- Centrum (Centre)
- Noord (North)
- Ackerswoude (partly build, not completed yet)
- Tuindershof (Hasn't been built yet)
One of the dominant buildings in Pijnacker is H. Joannes de Dooper Catholic church on the main street of town, the Oostlaan. It is registered landmark, number 525173. Though once it was a parish with a full-time priest, the Church of Saint John the Baptist (Pijnacker) is now joined with the Church of Saint Bartholomew (Nootdorp) to form one parish within the "Parish Federation of Oostland" within the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rotterdam.
- gemeentedeel Pijnacker 2004
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-02-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-21. Retrieved 2013-05-07.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Pijnacker". Map of the former municipality in 1868.
- Daily News from pijnacker: http://www.telstar-online.nl