This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pawan Shankar is an Indian television actor who played the title role in the serial Siddhant on Star One He holds an MBA in finance from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad. An alumnus of Allahabad's St. Joseph's College, Shankar graduated with a Gold Medal from Allahabad University.
Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Alma mater||St. Joseph's College, Allahabad, University of Allahabad, Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad|
|Occupation||Actor, Television Presenter, Sportsman, Educationist, Entrepreneur, TEDx Speaker.|
|Children||Devasya Shankar |
Mr. Shankar has worked in companies including Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd., Essar Cellphone, Hutch and ICICI Securities for about 4 years.
Career in actingEdit
He completed a course in acting from Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Lab, Mumbai and won the Best Actor Critics Award in the Indian Telly Awards for his performance in Siddhant, a serial that won the best drama award in Indian Television Academy Awards. Shankar was nominated for the Best Actor category in Apsara Awards.
Film critic Subhash K. Jha and others reviewed Shankar's performance in Siddhant favourably. Shankar played the role of Sanjay Apte, a trade union leader, in Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasman on Star Plus, well-reviewed by Subhash K. Jha. Smriti Irani played the role of his sister in this series.
Shankar worked as a model for more than 50 advertisements for Indian and Multinational brands. He played the title role in the TV series Vicky Ki Taxi on Real TV Channel.
Shankar did a negative role (cameo) for the first time in a TV show Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega concluded in December 2019.
Currently filming Ajay Devgn starrer Bhuj: The Pride of India, earlier scheduled to release on 14th August 2020 but now releasing on Hotstar Disney Multiplex. Shankar plays the role of Antagonist in the film.
Films & TelevisionEdit
|2005–2006||Siddhant||Advocate Siddhant Mehra||Lead Role|
|2006||Aisa Des Hai Mera||Ajit Singh Gill||Lead Role|
|2006–2007||Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasmaan||Sanjay Apte||Supporting Role|
|2006–2007||Kasamh Se||Advocate Tarun Sablok||Supporting Role|
|2009||Vicky Ki Taxi||Vicky||Lead Role|
|2009–2010||Jeet Jayenge Hum||Manas||Parallel Lead|
|2012||Kya Huaa Tera Vaada||Pradeep Singh||Lead Role|
|2018||Adhure Poore se Hum (You and Me)||Nishant||Lead Role|
|2019||Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega||Vikrant Goyal||Negative Role|
|2020||Bhuj: The Pride of India||Omani||Antagonist|
- Best Actor – Drama, Indian Telly Awards for Siddhant 2005
- Siddhant (Title role by Pawan Shankar) was awarded by Hero Honda Indian Television Academy Award 2005 as the Best Serial in 2005
- Siddhant serial nominated for International Emmy's Award 2006. First serial from India to get nomination.
- Nominated, Best Actor Category, Apsara Awards of Producer's Guild Association for Siddhant 2006
- Exhibition Excellence Award 2016 (As MD, Fashionista)
- Bharat Excellence Award 2016 (Individual)
- Indian Award for Excellence 2016 (As MD, Educationista)
- Lead Actor – Honorable mention in a short Film for "You and Me" by The South Film and Arts Academy Festival April 2018 (SCAFA Fest)
- Bronze Award for Best Actor by Independent Shorts Award, Los Angeles April 2018
- "Siddhant in the race for Emmy | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 28 July 2006. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "It felt good being nominated for an Emmy". Rediff.com. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Kya Huaa Tera Vaada set for time leap – NDTV Movies". Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Pawan Shankar 'hates his character of Pradeep' in Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada". Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Pawan Shankar in Kya Hua Tera Vaada". Archived from the original on 26 January 2013.
- "Pawan Shankar in Adhoore poore se hum".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pawan Shankar.|