Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
New Academic Block & Library, IMT Ghaziabad
|Motto||Growing Intellectually : Lead the Future|
|Type||Unaided - Private Business School|
|Dean||Dr. Ravikesh Srivastava|
|Director||Dr. Atish Chattopadhyay|
|~ 50 (core) & ~ 35 (visiting)|
|Location||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Institute of Management Technology abbreviated as IMT, is a business school with its main campus at Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in India.
The university is ranked 24th in the latest (2017) Ministry of Human Resource Development National Institute Ranking Framework among MBA schools in India  and 11th in the Times of India B-School ranking, 2017 . Apart from this it is well known for its International Linkages and has been ranked 5th in the same by CNBC- TV18 (2013 rankings).
"Dr K.Nath Public Trust" created by Shri Mahendra Nath with the initiative to create and nurture various institutions of vocational education, professional and higher learning. The trust's initiatives include running various libraries and helping the poor students undertake higher education at numerous institutes like Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Management. The trust also established Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad under the aegis of Lajpat Rai Educational Society in the year 1980 (AICTE approval in 1983) with the objective to be a leading management institution that contributes to the development of business and society through excellence in grooming leadership, entrepreneurial talent and Research.
IMT has four campuses: The first one is in Ghaziabad (established in 1980); the second campus is in Nagpur (established in 2004); a third campus in Dubai (established in 2006) and a fourth campus in Hyderabad (established in 2011).
Established in 1980, the Ghaziabad campus is a 14.7-acre (5.9 ha) fully residential campus and is the primary campus of IMT. The institution is located in Ghaziabad, near the national capital.
The campus' "Centres of Excellence" include the Centre for Global Supply Chain Management. This being the primary campus, it offers all the programmes of IMT.
IMT Ghaziabad has two academic blocks to provide learning space, the old one being two-storey and the new one being five-storey. It comprises lecture theaters, faculty rooms, computer lab, break-out spaces and a conference room. All lecture theaters are air-conditioned.
The Library is open 24 hours daily, including Saturdays and Sundays. It provides e-books, e-journals, corporate & industry information and country research databases. IMT has a license agreement with Harvard Business School Publishing for using case studies, articles, simulations, videos and multimedia cases for classroom teaching. Library also extends their services to outside users (i.e. individual, institutional and corporate membership) with ‘external membership scheme’.
IMT Ghaziabad’s intranet uses fibre optic cables offering connectivity of 100 Mbit/s to the entire campus including the hostel blocks. IMT Ghaziabad’s Computer Lab is equipped with over 180 multi-media functional computers. The computer lab offers printing, photo-copying and scanning facilities.
IMT Ghaziabad is a residential campus with 10 student-housing blocks and a separate block housing MDP participants. The hostels provide both single and double occupancy, 24 hour internet connectivity, uninterrupted power supply, laundry service and cleaning facility. Other than the main campus at Raj Nagar, IMT Ghaziabad also has a campus on Meerut Road. This campus houses Centre for Distance Learning, boys hostel buildings and mess. Hostel buildings on this campus houses most of the first year PGDM course students.
There are various recreational facilities available in the campus both indoor and outdoor. Outdoor sports include cricket, football, volleyball, badminton and basketball and indoor include table tennis, carrom and chess. The campus also has a gymnasium and an amphitheatre. There is a Nescafe stall and a canteen which are open 24 hours daily for the students. There are student bodies like the cultural committee and sports committee which organize events through the year.
- National Institutional Ranking Framework, Ministry of Human Resource Development - Overall ranked 24th 
- Times of India B School Ranking 2017 – Overall ranked 11th and 5th in Private B-School category 
- MBA Universe B School Ranking 2017 –Overall ranked 14th 
- Business India B School Ranking 2016 – Overall ranked 13th 
- Business Today B School Ranking 2016 – Overall ranked 12th 
- NHRDN- People Matters B School Ranking 2016 – Overall ranked 12th 
- Business World B School ranking 2016 –Overall ranked 12th and 4th in Private 
- Business Standard B School Ranking 2016 – Ranked in Super league 2nd 
- Eduniversal B School ranking 2016 –Ranked under 3 PALMES Category 
- Times of India B School Ranking 2016 – Overall ranked 14th, 6th in regional ranking 
- Career360 ranked IMT, 4th best Private B-School in India.
- People Matters ranked IMT, 15th Best B-School to study in
- Career360 ranked IMT, 3rd best Private B-School
- IMT Ghaziabad Ranked 3rd in International Exchange Programmes by The NHRDN - People Matters B-school Rankings 2013
- IMT Ghaziabad Ranked 8th in Overall B-School Ranking, 5th in International Linkages and 7th in Intellectual Capital by CNBC-TV18 Rankings 2013
- Zee News India ranked IMT 9th best B- School and 8th best in Infrastructure
- Business Today ranked IMT 13th best B- School
- Outlook India ranks IMT-Ghaziabad in top three of India’s private B-Schools
- IMT Ghaziabad Ranked 7th overall and 5th in Marketing by Economic Times Rankings 2011
- IMT Ghaziabad ranked 9th overall by Business India's 'Best B-schools survey 2011
- Outlook India ranked IMT 15th in its top 75 Management Institutes of India list
IMT G has an admission procedure which takes place in a three-step model. The top 10 percentiles in CAT/XAT/GMAT are given a call for a group discussion in the major cities of the country. The call getters are also based on their profiles. The GD is followed by a personal interview which is taken in most cases by two faculty members and an alumnus. The students having the maximum combined score in GD and PI are then given a final call by the college. In 2015, a separate written ability test (WAT) was conducted instead of the group discussion. Rights of admission at all times are reserved by the administration of the college.
IMT currently has 70+ core faculty. Apart from permanent faculty, IMT has visiting faculty from industry and other academic institutions. Around 35 visiting faculty are associated with IMT. 
IMT offers following programmes:
- Two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – PGDM-FT (In 2nd yr one can choose among Marketing,Finance,HR,Solutions and Consulting,Strategic Management and Analytics)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Marketing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Dual Country Program (DCP)- Student spend first year on Dubai Campus and second year at Ghaziabad.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Executive
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Part-Time
- Two-year full-time MBA programme
- Doctoral programme (PhD) in Management
- Management Development Programme for Executives
- General Management Programme for Executives (GMPE)
PGDM is the oldest programme. IMT offers business executives a three-year part-time postgraduate programme (PGDM P/T). Corporate participants can enroll in the Management Development Programme (MDP) including managerial decision making. IMT's Fellow Program in Management (FPM) programme provides doctoral-level education in business management and related disciplines.
For business managers, IMT has a Postgraduate Diploma in Management – International Business (PGDM-IB) programme.
Distance learning (DLP) and E-learning programmes of IMT are designed for students who are unable to take up a full- or part-time MBA courses.
IMT also undertakes national and international projects that cater to governments, corporations and other organizations.
While the Ghaziabad Campus offers all the courses, the Nagpur, Dubai and Hyderabad campuses offer a selection of the above courses.
- Teaching methodology
The two-year PGDM programme of IMT Ghaziabad is based on input from alumni and industry experts[who?]. Every session starts with the Pre-foundation programme and Foundation Module where corporate leaders address the incoming students on various topics in the first 10–12 days.
All students of IMT Ghaziabad undergo a compulsory simulation programme, accredited by the AACSB.
In addition to the two-month Summer Internship Program that all MBA graduates undergo, IMT Ghaziabad has a Long Term SIP (6 months) with a few companies wherein the student gets more exposure with the companies they are interning with.
IMT Ghaziabad has several student driven clubs and committees. They have faculty members as guides and consultants, though they are actually managed by the students.
- Placement Committee
- Student Affairs and Welfare Council
- International Relations Committee
- Sports Committee
- Cultural Committee
- Entrepreneurship Cell
- Alumni Relationship Committee
The interaction with the corporate sector is done through:
- Shrinkhla, a series of seminars on various important issues facing the industry
- Synergies, a series of round table conferences of industry heads
- Compass, an annual consultancy symposium
- Conquest, a series of live short-term projects in the area of HR
Other competitions are also organized. A few of them are:
- Chakravyuh, B-school sports festival at IMT, Ghaziabad
- Tatva, Inter B-School Summer Internship Presentation Contest, at IMT, Ghaziabad
- Passion is the annual B-school fest of IMT, Ghaziabad
- E Conclave is the annual entrepreneurship event of IMT, Ghaziabad
- Marketing World Cup is the Annual Inter B-school Marketing Competition at IMT Ghaziabad
Alumni of the university include: 
- Sachin Pilot, former Minister of State in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Nimmagadda Prasad, chairman, MAA TV; vice chairman & founder, Matrix Laboratories
- Prasoon Joshi, eminent advertising personality and regional creative director, APAC, McCann Erickson
- Pranava Prakash, Noted Sociopop Artist
- Mini Mathur,Indian Host/Actress/Model
- Rajeev Karwal, Founder Milagrow
- Sanjib Sahoo, Chief Technology Officer, Trademonster, USA
- Prachi Tehlan, Actor/former National sportswoman
- "IMT Ghaziabad news in IndiaToday.in". 27 March 2014.
- "Business India Rankings" (PDF). 22 January 2011.
- "Career 360 Rankings". 22 January 2011.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Programmes". 27 March 2014.
- "MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF)". www.nirfindia.org. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Times of India B School Ranking" (PDF).
- "Economic Times Rankings". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Founder Chairman". imt.edu. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Mandatory Disclosure" (PDF). Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Academic Block". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Library". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad IT Infrastructure". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT CDL". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Housing". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Recreation". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF)". www.nirfindia.org. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Ranking - IMT Ghaziabad". IMT Ghaziabad. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- Top Private B-Schools in India 2015
- "People Matters 2014 Ranking". 1 April 2014.
- "Career 360 2014 Ranking". 3 September 2014.
- "People Matters 2013 Ranking". 1 May 2013.
- "CNBC TV 18 2013 Ranking". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Zee News 2012 Ranking". 22 August 2012.
- "Business Today 2012 Ranking". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Outlook India 2012 Ranking" (PDF). Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "ET 2011 Ranking" (PDF). Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Business India 2011 Ranking" (PDF). Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Outlook India 2009 Ranking". 28 September 2009.
- "Admission Criterion". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Faculty Profiles - IMT Ghaziabad". IMT Ghaziabad. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "PGDM Programmes | Best MBA Colleges in India". imt.edu. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- "Certificate in Network Management". 9 November 2008.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Programme Curriculum / Learning Methodology". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Dr. Biswas speaking on his teaching methodology at IMT Ghaziabad". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Student Committees - IMT Ghaziabad". IMT Ghaziabad. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Alumni - IMT Ghaziabad". IMT Ghaziabad. Retrieved 2017-04-10.