Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad abbreviated as IMT, is a business school with its main campus at Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in India.
|Motto||Grooming Leadership through Innovation, Execution and Social Responsibility|
|Type||Unaided - Private Business School|
|Location||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
This article may require copy editing for ungrammatical, incomplete sentences: meaning seriously impeded. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Dr. K. Nath Public Trust was created by Shri Mahendra Nath with the goal of creating and supporting trade schools and institutes of higher education. The trust's initiatives include running libraries and helping impoverished students undertake higher education at several institutes, including the Indian Institute of Technology and the Indian Institute of Management. The trust also helped establish the Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad with financial assistance from the Lajpat Rai Educational Society in 1980 with the IMT awarded AICTE approval in 1983.
IMT has four campuses: The first one is in Ghaziabad (established in 1980); the second campus is in Nagpur (established in 2004); a third campus in Dubai (established in 2006) and a fourth campus in Hyderabad (established in 2011).
Established in 1980, the Ghaziabad campus is a 14.7-acre (5.9 ha) fully residential campus and is the primary campus of IMT. The institution is located in Ghaziabad, near the national capital.
The campus' "Centres of Excellence" include the Centre for Global Supply Chain Management. This being the primary campus, it offers all the programmes of IMT.
IMT Ghaziabad has two academic blocks to provide learning space, the old one being two-storey and the new one being five-storey. It comprises lecture theaters, faculty rooms, computer lab, break-out spaces and a conference room. All lecture theaters are air-conditioned.
IMT Ghaziabad is a residential campus with 10 student-housing blocks and a separate block housing MDP participants. The hostels provide both single and double occupancy. IMT Ghaziabad also has a campus on Meerut Road. This campus houses the Centre for Distance Learning, boys hostel buildings and mess hall. Hostel buildings on this campus house most of the first year PGDM course students.
|Business/Management – India|
|Business Today (2016)||23|
|Outlook India (2016)||17|
IMT was ranked #31 amongst management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018, 23 by Business Today's "India's best B-schools 2016" and 17 in India by Outlook India's "Top 100 Management Schools" of 2016.
IMT G has an admission procedure which takes place in a three-step model. The top 10 percentiles in CAT/XAT/GMAT are given a call for a group discussion in the major cities of the country. The call getters are also based on their profiles. The GD is followed by a personal interview which is taken in most cases by two faculty members and an alumnii. The students having the maximum combined score in GD and PI are then given a final call by the college. In 2015, a separate written ability test (WAT) was conducted instead of the group discussion. Rights of admission at all times are reserved by the administration of the college.
IMT currently has 70+ core faculty. Apart from permanent faculty, IMT has visiting faculty from industry and other academic institutions. Around 35 visiting faculty are associated with IMT.
Alumni of the university include:
- Sachin Pilot, former Minister of State in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Nimmagadda Prasad, chairman, MAA TV; vice chairman & founder, Matrix Laboratories
- Prasoon Joshi, eminent advertising personality and regional creative director, APAC, McCann Erickson
- Pranava Prakash, Noted Sociopop Artist
- Mini Mathur, Indian Host/Actress/Model
- Rajeev Karwal, Founder Milagrow
- Prachi Tehlan, Actor/former National sportswoman
- "IMT Ghaziabad news in IndiaToday.in". 27 March 2014.
- "Business India Rankings" (PDF). 22 January 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 October 2010.
- "Career 360 Rankings". 22 January 2011.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Programmes". 27 March 2014.
- "Founder Chairman". imt.edu. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Mandatory Disclosure" (PDF). Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Academic Block". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT CDL". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Housing". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "India's best B-schools 2016: Full List". Business Today. 4 December 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Fits And Start-Ups: The A+ Schools". Outlook India. 3 October 2016.
- "Admission Criterion". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Faculty Profiles - IMT Ghaziabad". IMT Ghaziabad. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Sachin Pilot appointed Rajasthan Congress chief - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-05-22.