NUTS statistical regions of Italy
In the NUTS (Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics) codes of Italy (IT), the three levels are:
|NUTS 1||Groups of regions (Gruppi di regioni)||5|
|NUTS 2||Regions (Regioni)
(Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol split into two)
|NUTS 3||Provinces (Province)||107|
The following codes have been discontinued:
- ITC45 (Milano) was split into ITC4C and ITC4D.
- ITD (Northeast Italy) became ITH.
- ITE (Central Italy) became ITI.
- ITF41 (Foggia) and ITF42 (Bari) were split into ITF46, ITF47, and ITF48.
- ITG21 (Sassari), ITG22 (Nuoro), ITG23 (Oristano), and ITG24 (Cagliari) were split into the current divisions of ITG2.
Local administrative unitsEdit
Below the NUTS levels, the two LAU (Local Administrative Units) levels are:
|LAU 1||— (same as NUTS 3)||107|
|LAU 2||Municipalities (Comuni)||8094|
The LAU codes of Italy can be downloaded here: 
- Hierarchical list of the Nomenclature of territorial units for statistics - NUTS and the Statistical regions of Europe
- Overview map of EU Countries - NUTS level 1
- Correspondence between the NUTS levels and the national administrative units
- List of current NUTS codes
- Provinces of Italy, Statoids.com