List of multiple-system operators
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A multiple-system operator (MSO) is an operator of multiple cable or direct-broadcast satellite television systems. A cable system in the United States, by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) definition, is a facility serving a single community or a distinct governmental entity, each of which has its own franchise agreement with the cable company. Though in the strictest sense any cable company that serves multiple communities is an MSO, the term today is usually reserved for companies that own a large number of cable systems, such as Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, and Videotron in Canada; Altice USA, Charter Communications, Comcast and Cox Communications in the United States; or Virgin Media in the UK.
Top multichannel video service providers in the United States by number of subscribersEdit
- Contains estimates from SNL Kagan.
Top multichannel video service providers outside of US, by number of subscribersEdit
- "Cable Industry Data". NCTA.com. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "The top 6 cable, satellite and telco pay TV operators in the first quarter of 2019: Ranking Comcast, DirecTV, Charter and more". FierceVideo.
- "The top 7 cable, satellite and telco pay TV operators in Q2: Ranking Comcast, DirecTV, Charter and more". fiercecable.com. 2017-08-28. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "MediacomCable - Xtream". mediacomcable.com. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Mediacom Combined Results for Second Quarter 2017". mediacomcable.com. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "Cable One is changing its name to Sparklight - FierceVideo". www.fiercevideo.com. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Cable ONE Reports First Quarter 2019 Results". ir.cableone.net. 9 May 2019. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- "Wave Broadband and RCN Combine, form 6th largest provider". Wave Business Solutions. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- Ville Heiskanen (2016-08-16). "TPG to Acquire RCN, Grande in $2.25 Billion Cable TV Deal". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-08-26.
- "WOW! Digital Cable and Services". www.wowway.com. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "WOW! Reports Second Quarter 2017 Results". www.wowway.com. 2017-08-14. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- Mike Dano (2015-08-20). "Atlantic Broadband becomes nation's 12th largest cable operator with $200M purchase of MetroCast". FierceCable.com. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- Mike Dano (2016). "Midco Service Areas". www.midco.com. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- "Google Fiber's tiny pay-TV sub numbers may explain why service is reportedly scaling back buildout - FierceVideo". www.fiercevideo.com. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- Sean Buckley (2015-11-10). "Hawaiian Telcom considers G.fast for rural areas as CAF-II boosts wholesale revenue to $17.2M". FierceTelecom.com. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "【下篇】三大运营商宽带达3.18亿用户！31省市广电宽带发展汇总 - 有线网络数字电视 - 众视广电网 有线运营商- GFIC中国MSO峰会 - 众视媒体 - 读懂运营商OTT家庭娱乐与流量经营". www.asiaott.com. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Source in Chinese". Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Hostbasket is the hosting and cloud computing offer of Telenet". Cableeurope.eu. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "Company report of Q1-Q2 2017 (in Chinese)" (PDF).
-  Archived July 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "OCN东方有线". www.ocn.net.cn. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
-  Archived July 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "CJ HelloVision - Error". eng.cjhellovision.com. Archived from the original on April 19, 2010.
- "새로운공간, 새로운세상의 만남 Tbroad". Tbroad.com. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
-  Archived March 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Best Internet Service Provider in Kerala | About Us". Asianet broadband. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- "Internet Fibra óptica, TV, Telefonía móvil y Fijo | ONO". Ono.es. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "upc cablecom | Digital TV, Internet, Telefon". Cablecom.ch. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "Cable operators of Kerala to push broadband, OTT service". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- "ANACOM - Subscription television service - 2nd quarter 2013". Anacom.pt. Retrieved 2016-01-06.