List of multiple-system operators(Redirected from Multiple system operator)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A multiple-system operator (MSO) is an operator of multiple cable or direct-broadcast satellite television systems. A cable system in the United States, by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) definition, is a facility serving a single community or a distinct governmental entity, each of which has its own franchise agreement with the cable company. Though in the strictest sense any cable company that serves multiple communities is an MSO, the term today is usually reserved for companies that own a large number of cable systems, such as Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, and Videotron in Canada; Altice USA, Charter Communications, Comcast and Cox Communications in the United States; or Virgin Media in the UK.
Top multichannel video service providers in the United States by number of subscribersEdit
- Contains estimates from SNL Kagan.
Top multichannel video service providers outside of US, by number of subscribersEdit
- "Cable Industry Data". NCTA.com. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "The top 7 cable, satellite and telco pay TV operators in Q2: Ranking Comcast, DirecTV, Charter and more". fiercecable.com. 2017-08-28. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "COMCAST REPORTS 2nd QUARTER 2018 RESULTS". www.cmcsa.com. 2018-07-26. Retrieved 2018-07-28.
- "Mediacom Combined Results for Second Quarter 2017". mediacomcable.com. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "WOW! Reports Second Quarter 2017 Results". www.wowway.com. 2017-08-14. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- Ville Heiskanen (2016-08-16). "TPG to Acquire RCN, Grande in $2.25 Billion Cable TV Deal". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-08-26.
- Mike Dano (2015-08-20). "Atlantic Broadband becomes nation's 12th largest cable operator with $200M purchase of MetroCast". FierceCable.com. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- Mike Dano (2016). "Midco Service Areas". www.midco.com. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- Sean Buckley (2015-11-10). "Hawaiian Telcom considers G.fast for rural areas as CAF-II boosts wholesale revenue to $17.2M". FierceTelecom.com. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- Source in Chinese
- Source in Chinese
- "Hostbasket is the hosting and cloud computing offer of Telenet". Cableeurope.eu. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- Company report of Q1-Q2 2017 (in Chinese)
-  Archived July 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Oriental Cable Network article in Chinese
-  Archived July 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived April 19, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "새로운공간, 새로운세상의 만남 Tbroad". Tbroad.com. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
-  Archived March 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Internet Fibra óptica, TV, Telefonía móvil y Fijo | ONO". Ono.es. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "upc cablecom | Digital TV, Internet, Telefon". Cablecom.ch. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- "ANACOM - Subscription television service - 2nd quarter 2013". Anacom.pt. Retrieved 2016-01-06.