Andhra Pradesh State FiberNet Limited
The Andhra Pradesh State FiberNet Limited (APSFL) is a project initiated in October 2015 to provide on demand, affordable and end-to-end broadband connectivity of 15 to 50 Mbit/s for all households and 1 to 10 Gbit/s for all institutions and multi-dwelling units by 2018. It is completely owned by Government of Andhra Pradesh but works under partnership with Cisco Systems.
|Founded||26 October 2015|
|Owner||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
A.P.Fiber Grid Phase-I is to set up a high-speed Optical Fiber Network Infrastructure across the 13 Districts of the State with the help of assets of the Electricity Department. A 24-Core ADSS Optical Fiber Cable will be laid for a length of around 23000 km over the electrical poles with its back-end electronic systems being set up at the Points of Presence (PoPs) at 2449 identified sub-stations. Phase one of the AP Fibre Grid Project for broadband connectivity is expected to be ready by July-end. Against the target of laying around 22,500 km of aerial optical fiber cable across the State, 16,000 km of cable pulling has been completed as of June 2016. A Network Operations Centre (NOC) has also been commissioned at Visakhapatnam to look after the project in the state. It was launched by President of India on 27 DEC 2017 in an ceremony conducted in the capital city of Amaravati.
It has been incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013. To establish a network infrastructure, accessible on a non-discriminatory basis broadband connectivity. To enable the realization of Vision of Digital AP, in partnership with the Government of India and the private sector. APSFL aims to promote Digital affordable, high-speed broadband connectivity to households and corporate users and by deepening the reach of Internet in the rural areas. Its main motto is to provide 15 Mbit/s connections to 1.3 crore households at ₹149 per month (which is about 240/- after taxes) and 100 Mbit/s to 1 Gbit/s connections for business enterprises.. This network also provides IPTV with 250 channels and a landline telephone for unlimited free calling to APfiber phones within Andhra pradesh.
As of September 2018, APSFL has over 5,00,000 users. Although it has missed many of the initial deadlines and targets the user base is steadily expanding. About 3150 schools, universities and Government offices are also connected to the network. The network also sees average traffic of 40 Gbps with its users. 
- "AP FiberNet project launch and cable TV biz - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India's Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI". TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI. 30 December 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "Andhra Pradesh State Fibernet Limited | About Us | AP Fiber". Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- Sarma, Ch R. S. "AP fibre grid project launched". @businessline. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- Mar 18, TNN | Updated:; 2016; Ist, 15:23. "AP fibre grid project to be completed by July-end | Visakhapatnam News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "DAS: Andhra seeks extension even as MIB warns". Indian Television Dot Com. 31 March 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- Kumar, V. Rishi. "Phase-1 of AP fibre grid project to be ready by July-end". @businessline. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "Economic Development Board Andhra Pradesh - Infrastructure". apedb.gov.in. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- RTI Data. "Information". Retrieved 3 July 2018.