Mokjong of Goryeo
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mokjong of Goryeo|
|Revised Romanization||Wang Song|
Mokjong is known for his reform of the Jeonsigwa (land-allotment system), and for a plot by his mother, Queen Honae and Kim Chi-yang to overthrow him. In the course of the turbulent events surrounding the plot, Mokjong was dethroned by general Gang Jo and sent into exile in Chungju. However, he was slain before he arrived there.
Mokjong's tomb was known as Gongneung, but its present location is not known.
- Father: King Gyeongjong of Goryeo (9 November 955 – 13 August 981) (고려 경종)
- Grandfather: King Gwangjong of Goryeo (925 – 4 July 975) (고려 광종)
- Grandmother: Queen Daemok of the Hwangju Hwangbo clan (대목왕후 황보씨)
- Mother: Queen Heonae of the Kaesong Wang clan (964 – 20 January 1029) (헌애왕후 왕씨)
- Grandfather: King Daejong of Goryeo (? – November 969) (고려 대종)
- Grandmother: Queen Seonui of the Jeongju Ryu clan (선의왕후 유씨)
- Queen Seonjeong of the Chungju Yu clan (선정왕후 유씨)
- Lady Yoseok of the Kim clan (요석택궁인 김씨)