Mahbub Talukdar (born 13 February 1942) is a Bangladeshi renowned poet, juvenile writer and one of the incumbent Election Commissioners of Bangladesh. He was awarded Bangla Academy Literary Award in 2012 for his contribution in juvenile literature.
|Election Commissioner of Bangladesh|
|Assumed office |
15 February 2017
|Born||13 February 1942|
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
|Known for||poet, juvenile writer, election commissioner|
|Awards||Bangla Academy Literary Award (2012)|
Talukdar was born on 13 February 1942 at Purbadhala Upazila in Netrokona District of the then British Raj. He completed his Secondary School Certificate from Nawabpur Government High School and Higher Secondary School Certificate from Dhaka College. He obtained his graduation and post graduation degree from the University of Dhaka in Bengali Language and Literature.
Talukdar started his career as teacher at University of Chittagong where he taught Bengali language and literature from 1968 to 1970. In 1971, he participated in the Bangladesh Liberation War and worked in the Ministry of Information under Provisional Government of Bangladesh. Later, he worked at Bangabhaban in various positions for five years.
On 24 January 1972, Talukdar was appointed as the Special Officer for President Abu Sayeed Chowdhury. Then he worked as the Public Relations Officer for President Mohammad Mohammadullah. He was the Assistant Press Secretary and Speech Writer during the presidency of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. He also served as the Director General of Shilpakala Academy. He retired from the Government service in 1999.
On 15 February 2017, Mahbub Talukder was appointed as a member of the Bangladesh Election Commission by the President of Bangladesh Abdul Hamid. The commission consists of five members and headed by KM Nurul Huda.
- "Bangladesh Election Commission". www.ecs.gov.bd. Retrieved 27 March 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Election Commissioner Mahbub was BNP's choice: Tofail". The Daily Star. 30 August 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Correspondent, Staff. "Bangla Academy Awards announced". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 27 March 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Bangladesh Election Commission" (PDF). ecs.gov.bd. Retrieved 27 March 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Media related to Mahbub Talukdar at Wikimedia Commons