Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (Bangladesh)
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (Bengali: তথ্য ও সম্প্রচার মন্ত্রণালয়) (abbreviated as MoIB) is a branch of the Government of Bangladesh and is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws relating to information, broadcasting, the press and films in Bangladesh. It is responsible for releasing government information, media galleries, public domain and government unclassified non-scientific data to the public and international communities.
|Bengali: তথ্য ও সম্প্রচার মন্ত্রণালয় |
(Tathya O Samprachar Mantranalay)
|Jurisdiction||Government of Bangladesh|
|Headquarters||Ministry of Information|
|Website||Ministry of Information|
The Ministry is responsible for all the press and broadcasting arm of the Bangladesh Government. The Bangladesh Film Censor Board is the other important body under this ministry being responsible for the regulation of motion pictures shown in Bangladesh. The current Minister of Information and Broadcasting is Muhammad Hasan Mahmud.
There are 14 agencies and departments under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of Bangladesh. They are as follows:
- Information Commission (Information)
- Directorate of Mass Communication (Broadcasting)
- Department of Films & Publications (Films)
See also edit
- "Ministry of Information (Bangladesh)". Archived from the original on 8 February 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Press Institute of Bangladesh (PIB)". Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Bangladesh Film Censor Board". Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "47-member new cabinet announced". The Daily Star. 6 January 2019.
- "| People's Republic of Bangladesh | গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশ সরকার".